NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jeremy Lamb 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeremy Lamb hit 7-of-12 shots, three 3-pointers and 5-of-5 free throws for 22 points, seven rebounds, two assists and a steal in 33 minutes off the bench in Monday's 129-114 win over the Raptors.

tbh i just think we're lucky to have had 2 points rather then 0 and sitting out. I feel 9/10 players coming back from what he has come back from wouldn't be playing B2B or would still be limited. So i

Posted Images

Sabonis and Brogdon still ball hog a lot and play a ton of minutes. It’s ridiculous how much they are black holes on offense. Especially Brogdon. Dude thinks he’s Kobe out there.

• Thanks 1

yes ive moved on reluctantly, i know hes still building but indiana are quite deep and often will ride the hot hand with mcdermott/holidayx2/tj etc on top of ball hogs brog and sabonis. i dont think hes going to contribute enough in the counting stats along with only sprinkles of defensive stats. so really only becomes minor points and relatively good %

Holding this week. Let’s see how he does. McDermott getting more playing time is hurting his value. As well as Sabonis and Brogdon playing patty cake with the ball. 

Edited by EsTiLO

Can’t overreact over one game with Lamb.  If you took a minute to go through his game log you’ll notice he drops a gem for every dud, mixed in with some good games which averages out to solid weekly production.  There is no reason to expect his production will fall off a cliff, at least until Warren & Levert are active.  

Low usage is killer, but he can be so good.  He only needs a split second to make a three.  Made one immediately after catching a pass, made another one after a rebound got batted to him and he just immediately launched it.  Really conflicted, but probably continuing to hold in hopes that he is still only getting back to full speed, despite knowing the usage will likely continue to be dire.

Just now, CharlesCC2 said:

Low usage is killer, but he can be so good.  He only needs a split second to make a three.  Made one immediately after catching a pass, made another one after a rebound got batted to him and he just immediately launched it.  Really conflicted, but probably continuing to hold in hopes that he is still only getting back to full speed, despite knowing the usage will likely continue to be dire.

Once Warren comes back it will be worse

12 minutes ago, jordan62345 said:

nevermind

It’s like he pulls his head out of his a** the last few minutes and gives you salvageable lines every game. Wish the coach played him more in the 1st and stopped running Sabonis/Brogdon into the ground .

I liked the idea of him getting the greenlight as a 6th man with the second unit... just watching games with him on the 1st line.. dude looks lost because of the ball dominate brogdan and sabonis. I dropped him and I'm okay with that.. just wasn't reliable enough and i cant imagine people owning him if TJ and Levert both come back. 

Definitely understand the usage concerns, him looking tentative with the starters who are ball dominant, etc, but concern with LeVert and Warren who might be a couple months from coming back?  Nah.

Still borderline holding because I love the efficiency, but the upside is pretty limited and the floor sucks.  But unless you're planning for April already I don't think you should be worrying about LeVert and Warren.

• 2 weeks later...