1/3/21 Week 17 Game Day Thread

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I saw an Eagle hand the ball back to Smith on that fumble 

This reminds me of the South Park baseball episode where none of the kids want to be playing and they’re just trying to let the other team win 

NY Post Headline tomorrow Hurts, Don't It

Posted Images

1 minute ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I’m still playing in championship in one league. I got Mattison. 🤪 I have LJax too so... so far so good. 🙂

my man.

mattison is the bane of my existence.  doesn't do **** in his opportunities when it matters and then crushes when it most likely doesnt matter.

congrats on reaping benefits though lol

• Like 2

I have Evans and Brady in a league where week 17 matters. That Evans dropped TD knee injury play mightve just cost me the head-to-head championship and total points championship in a single play. 

20 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

TUA sucks. 

I can't believe that the whole thing was "Tanking for Tua".  Clearly it should have been Tanking for Burrow.  Or Tanking for Herbert.  But I guess the alliteration doesn't work.  Just like "Tanking for Trevor", when I really think it should be "Failing for Fields"...

Tua just looks small and overmatched.  No Fitz to bail him out this week either.  Brian Flores supposedly is a coach of a year candidate yet can't even figure out who gave his team the best chance to win.  Nothing he can do about it this week though with Fitz and the Rona.

• Like 1
Just now, ajs723 said:

Someone please tell me the Mike Evans knee injury isn't super serious.

At best it is a minor hyper-extension, worst case is some ligaments are sprained. Haven't seen the usual inter-web quacks chime in yet, though.

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

I can't believe that the whole thing was "Tanking for Tua".  Clearly it should have been Tanking for Burrow.  Or Tanking for Herbert.  But I guess the alliteration doesn't work.  Just like "Tanking for Trevor", when I really think it should be "Failing for Fields"...

Tua just looks small and overmatched.  No Fitz to bail him out this week either.  Brian Flores supposedly is a coach of a year candidate yet can't even figure out who gave his team the best chance to win.  Nothing he can do about it this week though with Fitz and the Rona.

I don’t know if they neuter the offense with him in there but he doesn’t throw down field at all. It’s bubble screen after bubble screen. But I just don’t think he’s a long term solution.

4 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

I don’t know if they neuter the offense with him in there but he doesn’t throw down field at all. It’s bubble screen after bubble screen. But I just don’t think he’s a long term solution.

It takes him like 15 completions to throw for 100 yards lol 

Thought for sure Bills would rest starters after the 1st quarter.  They might after half with this big of a lead.  Allen and Diggs got a game's worth of stats in a half.

Dolphins are supposed to be playing for their life and just have nothing.  I hope those people who haven't seen Tua and defend him watch this game.  Same thing with the KC game, he might pad stats in 2nd half, but they were out of the game by the time he made his line looks better.  Miami pretends they are a great instead of decent D, a ball control offense when they aren't, and just need a game manager at QB.  No Fitz to bail them out.

8 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Thought for sure Bills would rest starters after the 1st quarter.  They might after half with this big of a lead.  Allen and Diggs got a game's worth of stats in a half.

Dolphins are supposed to be playing for their life and just have nothing.  I hope those people who haven't seen Tua and defend him watch this game.  Same thing with the KC game, he might pad stats in 2nd half, but they were out of the game by the time he made his line looks better.  Miami pretends they are a great instead of decent D, a ball control offense when they aren't, and just need a game manager at QB.  No Fitz to bail them out.

Agree. Is he overmatched? Is it the “there was no training camp and he was injured” argument? Why hasn’t this once touted to be the #1 pick not shown up at the NFL level? He’s played half a season now and we haven’t really seen anything special. How could the analysts have gotten it so wrong? The guy he beat, Jalen Hurts, brings more excitement in just 2-3 games than he has all season. Can Tua not make the throws? Is he just known for short throw tight window accuracy? Why don’t they let this guy take shots down the field? I wouldn’t be surprised if they draft another QB this April.

49 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Well if you want keep that train rolling you need do your part. Get up and get down to this ....

I love choo choo trains.