NBC Sports Edge Forums

1/3/21 Week 17 Game Day Thread

2 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Yeah and Brittany Spears can also play QB better than Sudfeld.

My final post of the NFL regular season on this forum................Fumble Baby One More Time!

And good night

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I saw an Eagle hand the ball back to Smith on that fumble 

This reminds me of the South Park baseball episode where none of the kids want to be playing and they’re just trying to let the other team win 

NY Post Headline tomorrow Hurts, Don't It

Posted Images

I want Jamarr Chase so bad. I'm sure the Dolphins will take him though. Either way. Glad to lose. My NFC hate list definitely goes Cowboys, Giants, Redskins. Happy for Alex Smith and Ron Rivera.

Only positive is that I hope this is a wake up call to the league if they implement that 17 game schedule.  Enjoy more of these types of the games the final week is a complete joke.

Edited by Sternes

1. There should be the ability for the commish office to levy fines and take away draft picks for actions that are so egregious and obviously disrupt the competitive balance.

2. Draft picks shouldn't be awarded solely on record, but they should move to a ping pong system like in the NBA.

3. You shouldn't tell a head coach he is coming back next year until the end of the season.  If Dougie knew he was coaching for his job, then perhaps he wouldn't have thrown the game.

4. Out of the tv revenue, set aside a pot of money that goes to the winners of each week 17 game.  It doesn't have to be a lot (relatively speaking).  Maybe $500K to the winning team of each game?  That would give owners the incentive to tell their coaches that they better play their butts off.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, CooL said:

1. There should be the ability for the commish office to levy fines and take away draft picks for actions that are so egregious and obviously disrupt the competitive balance.

2. Draft picks shouldn't be awarded solely on record, but they should move to a ping pong system like in the NBA.

3. You shouldn't tell a head coach he is coming back next year until the end of the season.  If Dougie knew he was coaching for his job, then perhaps he wouldn't have thrown the game.

4. Out of the tv revenue, set aside a pot of money that goes to the winners of each week 17 game.  It doesn't have to be a lot (relatively speaking).  Maybe $500K to the winning team of each game?  That would give owners the incentive to tell their coaches that they better play their butts off.

Or: just get rid of the draft.

You now have a system that rewards teams tanking for an entire season (never mind the Eagles throwing a meaningless game), that punishes college players for playing well (because the best players go to useless teams and sometimes sink in the quicksand of a failing organisation), and where College players earn boatloads of money for their team university but only get the occasional brown paper bag full of twenties off the back of a truck in the parking lot don't get paid.

That's not healthy.

As a European I love the mechanisms in American sports that make it possible for good but small teams to catch up with the big teams. Teams can go last to first in a couple seasons and that's awesome. I appreciate that teams split the tv money in a pretty even way, although it does seem to mean that your team can suck multiple years in a row, waste hundreds of millions, and still turn so much of a profit that the owners can just shrug it off. The salary cap is the most awesome invention and European soccer should have implemented it ages ago. But the draft.... just get rid of it. It's an anachronism and it's not good for the sport. 

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Haha 1