NBC Sports Edge Forums

Could be the most divisive player in Fantasy Baseball this year.  It's really hard to place an ADP on him.

Pros:

1) His 162 Game average is .307/35Hrs/17sbs  with a decent amount of runs and RBIs

2) If the Blue Jays play in Buffalo again, it's a major hitter's park.  Roger's Centre is generally a good hitter's park if they play their too.

3) Up and Coming Offense around him with Biggio, Teoscar, LGJ, maybe we see more from Vladdy and maybe they sign Springer.

4) Comes with a good Pedigree.

5) All those ridiculous amount of doubles, one could think with a bit more power and batted ball luck, he could nab a few more HRs.

Cons:

1) Has never put together that 1 full complete dominant season.  Hard to gage using bits and pieces.

2) Seems a little injury prone. But it's too early to tell for sure.

3) Gets caught stealing a lot.

I disagree with him being a first rounder yet or even early 2nd round.  I'd probably grab someone safer like Freddie Freeman.  But the upside is so tantalizing.  Late 2nd round, early 3rd round seems fair.

• Like 2

Love this kid, but it seems like everyone else does too.  His statcast numbers are very solid, with the only weakness his game is his BB% coming in at 5.6% for his MLB career.  He has the speed to steal 20 bags and the power is definitely there with along with nice exit velocity readings.  He also barrels the ball up a ton.  Unfortunately, His ADP is 21st overall, which is the mid second round.  As mentioned, for a guy who hasn't had a full season yet that's a bit ridiculous.  SS is so deep I don't know if the risk of taking Bichette at that price is worth the reward.  En Votto Veritas mentioned Bogaerts who has a proven track record going at pick 36.  He's also going before Anderson, Torres, and Seager.  At the price hes going now in redrafts I'm probably staying away, but if he slips I'm all over him. 

Edited by damana
16 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Could be the most divisive player in Fantasy Baseball this year.  It's really hard to place an ADP on him.

Pros:

1) His 162 Game average is .307/35Hrs/17sbs  with a decent amount of runs and RBIs

2) If the Blue Jays play in Buffalo again, it's a major hitter's park.  Roger's Centre is generally a good hitter's park if they play their too.

3) Up and Coming Offense around him with Biggio, Teoscar, LGJ, maybe we see more from Vladdy and maybe they sign Springer.

4) Comes with a good Pedigree.

5) All those ridiculous amount of doubles, one could think with a bit more power and batted ball luck, he could nab a few more HRs.

Cons:

1) Has never put together that 1 full complete dominant season.  Hard to gage using bits and pieces.

2) Seems a little injury prone. But it's too early to tell for sure.

3) Gets caught stealing a lot.

I disagree with him being a first rounder yet or even early 2nd round.  I'd probably grab someone safer like Freddie Freeman.  But the upside is so tantalizing.  Late 2nd round, early 3rd round seems fair.

This is the first I've really looked into his SB success rate.

At the MLB level, pretty small sample size.  Was 4 of 8 last year, which is obviously terrible.  4 of 5 this year.  

Looking at his minor league rate, he's 73 of 96 (76%), which is a passable rate.  I don't know how minor league rate translates to the MLB.  Do guys usually see a downtick in their success rate as they advance?  Seems logical since the catchers are probably better.  But, he's also just 22, so I would guess his speed, and more importantly his decision making/approach could still improve.

Depth Chart and Steamer project him at 22 & 24 SBs respectively.  Both have him low 70s in terms of success rate.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 89Topps said:

This is the first I've really looked into his SB success rate.

At the MLB level, pretty small sample size.  Was 4 of 8 last year, which is obviously terrible.  4 of 5 this year.  

Looking at his minor league rate, he's 73 of 96 (76%), which is a passable rate.  I don't know how minor league rate translates to the MLB.  Do guys usually see a downtick in their success rate as they advance?  Seems logical since the catchers are probably better.  But, he's also just 22, so I would guess his speed, and more importantly his decision making/approach could still improve.

Depth Chart and Steamer project him at 22 & 24 SBs respectively.  Both have him low 70s in terms of success rate.

Bichette falls in the 70th percentile for sprint speed which is pretty solid.  I think the sample we have on his SB numbers in the majors is too small to reach a conclusion.  What he has going for him is that the Blue Jays are a young team that ranked 9th in SB during the 2020 season and I don't think they will stop being aggressive this year.  I think Bichette will run until he proves that he can't and I like the Depth Charts projection of 22 SB.  The problem is that at his ADP he needs to hit 20 SB to return value and with the concerns over his success rate that is no guarantee.   

• Like 1

dynasty: one of my absolute favorite building blocks
redraft: ADP seems a liiiitle steep considering his lack of big league production.  then again, people said the same thing about Fernando Tatis Jr. last year. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see where he ends up in the lineup with Springer and Semien. Would still think he's in the top 5 but who knows. Could either be a boon batting something like 2nd or 3rd in a stacked lineup or could be shifted down to 6 or even 7. The answer probably lies somewhere in between, as I'm sure the Jays will shake up this lineup all season long.

• Like 1
On 1/26/2021 at 6:56 PM, Sidearmer said:

Will be interesting to see where he ends up in the lineup with Springer and Semien. Would still think he's in the top 5 but who knows. Could either be a boon batting something like 2nd or 3rd in a stacked lineup or could be shifted down to 6 or even 7. The answer probably lies somewhere in between, as I'm sure the Jays will shake up this lineup all season long.

I strongly doubt he hits 6 or 7 unless he struggles mightily...  What would make you think a lifetime 105 OPS+ player would hurt his standing in the lineup?  Bichette will bat either 1 or 2 depending on what they do with Springer or potentially 3rd if Semien reverts back to his .369 OBP ways of 2019 (lifetime .322).  Really hoping he hits 2nd. 

• Like 1

Bichette will be in the top 3 of the order, unless he is struggling mightily. I think his leash is fairly long, though. 

1 - 3. Some combo of Springer, Biggio, Bichette
4-6. Combo of Lourdes, Vlad, and Semien 
7-9. Combo of Grichuk, Tellez, Jansen/McGuire/Kirk 

Might be able to make a case for Semien, Grichuk, and Tellez to be interchangeable, depending on streaks & macthups, but I think it lands something like that. 

43 minutes ago, paintingtheblack said:

Bichette will be in the top 3 of the order, unless he is struggling mightily. I think his leash is fairly long, though. 

Might be able to make a case for Semien, Grichuk, and Tellez to be interchangeable, depending on streaks & macthups, but I think it lands something like that. 

Grichuk will probably be the 4th OF - Teoscar will start, and will probably bat about 5th. Lourdes will probably bat at the bottom third of the order.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, paintingtheblack said:

is T-time hurt?  Honest mistake?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Y’all this Dunedin Park is hilarious. Ball flies out of it. Bichette is showing a serious power surge right now. Might have a legit 35/15 season. 

4 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

i hope noone avoid him because of his lack of success in sb through his front 70 games of his career.

Only complaint I have his low OBP. He’s been absolute monster for me outside of that absolutely worth his ADP. 

Posted (edited)

just wanna give my favorite player some more love. 3/4 with 2 doubles last night. Now hitting .285 and leads baseball in runs with 9 dongs and 7 steals. he's already a 5-tool stud at 23. Keep it up Bo!

Edited by FearTheHawk
  • Like 2