NBC Sports Edge Forums

13 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Gonna be drafted as a top 12 player next year in leagues that count Avg. slight knock in OBP leagues. 

2020:

image.png.2a3a5b81191e996c0e11ce3cf29ebdf3.png

2021: 

image.png.a656abbac9fa12ff92727a8721dc2aa1.png

You guys at all worried about this right here? I'll be interested to see what these splits look like EOS. I'm not sure I can say top 12 player next year if he's having to leave that little league park. 

Vladdy is guilty of it too:

2020:

image.png.93ee153960c5cf88378903cd24243796.png

2021:

image.png.0534396e187de165af6862d9cc6bdf67.png

He's 23. I think he can adjust to other parks. People doubted Arenado when he left Coors but he seems fine. The youth and inexperience makes me feel ok about the home/road splits. The guy is clearly a special player and will only get better

8 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

most players hit better at home. more comfortable with field, batters eye, sleep schedule ect.

Just thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention as something to keep an eye on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Gumbercules said:

Just thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention as something to keep an eye on.

never hurts to have more info (how you use it does)

i would want a much larger sample size to draw any conclusions as hes such a young hitter who played through a short covid season.

43 minutes ago, Gumbercules said:

2020:

image.png.2a3a5b81191e996c0e11ce3cf29ebdf3.png

2021: 

image.png.a656abbac9fa12ff92727a8721dc2aa1.png

You guys at all worried about this right here? I'll be interested to see what these splits look like EOS. I'm not sure I can say top 12 player next year if he's having to leave that little league park. 

Vladdy is guilty of it too:

2020:

image.png.93ee153960c5cf88378903cd24243796.png

2021:

image.png.0534396e187de165af6862d9cc6bdf67.png

Worth noting, his 2020 & 2021 home parks are different parks.  And, it's not like Rogers Centre is some cavernous pitchers park, either.

• Like 1

Also not a large sample size, but he was considerably better on the road in 2019, to the point where his OPS at home is less than .100 better than on the road over his whole career.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, FearTheHawk said:

Marking tonight as the beginning of Bo's heater. Hell of a rip for that CLUTCH 2RBI triple tonight. I think that gets him some confidence back.

? are you referring to the the hat trick tonight?

didnt he just hit two bombs like 4 games ago?

Just now, colepenhagen said:

? are you referring to the the hat trick tonight?

didnt he just hit two bombs like 4 games ago?

He's been striking out a lot even for him and he's been pretty cold overall over the last week as his average dipped into the low 260s. He's even said himself that he has yet to feel comfortable at the plate this year and he hasn't gone on a Bo hot streak yet. i think this triple is the beginning. We'll see if I'm right.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yikes, Bo's thread seriously needs a boost. This guy is firmly in the top 10. He moved to cleanup yesterday so Springer could hit leadoff, and responded with a 3/4, 3 R, HR 2 RBI line, as everything clicked for the Jays. I love him in the cleanup spot now, as he can perhaps run a bit more. You don't want to run into outs when Vladdy's up, but if this lineup change sticks, it could be great for his value. Wherever he is hitting in that order, he's a 5-cat beast, and I'm wondering if he's going to knock on Trea Turner's door. Trea is having a year himself, so I can't quite give Bo the nod, but overall the lineup is better, and he's going to be a fantasy stalwart for years to come. Yet, he's not even the best Jr. on his team. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Yikes, Bo's thread seriously needs a boost. This guy is firmly in the top 10. He moved to cleanup yesterday so Springer could hit leadoff, and responded with a 3/4, 3 R, HR 2 RBI line, as everything clicked for the Jays. I love him in the cleanup spot now, as he can perhaps run a bit more. You don't want to run into outs when Vladdy's up, but if this lineup change sticks, it could be great for his value. Wherever he is hitting in that order, he's a 5-cat beast, and I'm wondering if he's going to knock on Trea Turner's door. Trea is having a year himself, so I can't quite give Bo the nod, but overall the lineup is better, and he's going to be a fantasy stalwart for years to come. Yet, he's not even the best Jr. on his team. 

Bo's #3 on my list at SS. Borderline top 10 overall. He does seem to be flying under the radar with Vlad being the top dog in Toronto

31 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Bo's #3 on my list at SS. Borderline top 10 overall. He does seem to be flying under the radar with Vlad being the top dog in Toronto

Yeah probably right there at 9 or 10. It will be interesting next season where Acuna lands on the list, as well as Soto. Both figure to get picked right ahead of Bichette, but Bo might be a safer bet all around. Depends on how strong Soto finishes, and how much time Acuna misses. Some guys like Mookie, Story and Yelich have fallen far enough out of that territory, so I'm going to find every reason to put Bo in the top 10 next season. I put Freeman in there too but I realize he's come on quite strong and is currently ranked 1 spot ahead of his 15th rank, FWIW.

Edited by Richard Kimble