NBC Sports Edge Forums

How to get Jokic - 100% WHIR QUICK AS HELL

So the Jokic owner doesn’t think he fits perfect for his build, so he wants to trade him. He is really High on Turner since he already got Mitch-Rob

he was asking for Tatum + Turner for Jokic and Keldon. I Think that’s too much. Which Big would you fit with Turner to get Jokic? Would you go Turner + Capela + Holmes for Jokic and Keldon or any suggestions???

9 cat - 10 team - h2h

My roster:

PG: Trae Young, Rozier, McCollum, Lonzo Ball, Lamelo, Levert

SG: Lavine

SF: Tatum

PF: 

Center: Myles Turner, Nurkic, Holmes, Capela, Plumlee, Ayton

IR: Porzingis & Rui

Erg.  I think Tatum can probably keep up his hot streak, but I'd still try to find a way to trade him. However, you can't really cheaply buy a guy who's literally averaging a triple-double on good %s (and missed hitting 6 straight trip-dubs, or the entire season so far, by 2 boards).

If I'm being honest, I'd say you can't expect to get Jokic now without overpaying, no matter who you're offering.  Personally, I'd wait for him to cool off, since the trade you're counter-offering with likely wouldn't get Joker (especially since you're removing Tatum, who you say is the core of the package anyway).

3 hours ago, MWon said:

Erg.  I think Tatum can probably keep up his hot streak, but I'd still try to find a way to trade him. However, you can't really cheaply buy a guy who's literally averaging a triple-double on good %s (and missed hitting 6 straight trip-dubs, or the entire season so far, by 2 boards).

If I'm being honest, I'd say you can't expect to get Jokic now without overpaying, no matter who you're offering.  Personally, I'd wait for him to cool off, since the trade you're counter-offering with likely wouldn't get Joker (especially since you're removing Tatum, who you say is the core of the package anyway).

But you would do it for Holmes, Turner & Capela . No doubt? Get Jokic and some random guy

6 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

plumlee instead if he'll take it. Cause Keldon is a waiver wire pick up or late round pick up just like plumblee

help please

So Turner + Capela + Plumlee? Too much if it's Holmes?

1 hour ago, Brandayz said:

But you would do it for Holmes, Turner & Capela . No doubt? Get Jokic and some random guy

You'd be losing a bunch of bigs, obviously, and what they provide (a ton of FG%, blocks, and boards).  Plus side is you'd instantly be competitive in FT% without some of those bigs, if not quite good given Joker's solid there while Trae's become Harden this year and basically is an anchor there.  

If you're in a 10-teamer and you get to keep Tatum while getting Joker?  Absolutely.  Your lineup of bigs would then be Joker, Ayton, Plumlee, Nurk.  Not bad.  Probably a tad weak on blocks, but that's a much smaller problem given you might be able to nab Boucher as a FA in a shallow league, or at least Time Lord if you wanna stash early.

Otherwise, you'd probably then need to scour the wire for 1-2 players, or open a stream spot. However, that's really a minor issue. For me, the question isn't whether you make the trade, but rather if the other team accepts.

Edited by MWon
1 hour ago, MWon said:

You'd be losing a bunch of bigs, obviously, and what they provide (a ton of FG%, blocks, and boards).  Plus side is you'd instantly be competitive in FT% without some of those bigs, if not quite good given Joker's solid there while Trae's become Harden this year and basically is an anchor there.  

If you're in a 10-teamer and you get to keep Tatum while getting Joker?  Absolutely.  Your lineup of bigs would then be Joker, Ayton, Plumlee, Nurk.  Not bad.  Probably a tad weak on blocks, but that's a much smaller problem given you might be able to nab Boucher as a FA in a shallow league, or at least Time Lord if you wanna stash early.

Otherwise, you'd probably then need to scour the wire for 1-2 players, or open a stream spot. However, that's really a minor issue. For me, the question isn't whether you make the trade, but rather if the other team accepts.

Oh thank you so much. I'm actually also trying to close a deal for CJ + Tatum for Kyrie, Booker & Sabonis.

But since Tatum really has been fire, i'm actually not convinced that I need to make that trade. The sound of Kyrie, Booker and Trae was just a nice thought maybe?

8 hours ago, Brandayz said:

Oh thank you so much. I'm actually also trying to close a deal for CJ + Tatum for Kyrie, Booker & Sabonis.

But since Tatum really has been fire, i'm actually not convinced that I need to make that trade. The sound of Kyrie, Booker and Trae was just a nice thought maybe?

That's a lot of points. A Lavine, Booker, Trae, Kyrie lineup is basically screaming about 400+ points a week with all of them playing, to go along with guaranteeing you'll never lose FT% or treys.  And Sabonis has a nice safe floor for FG%, boards, and points, while further bolstering your assists.  Honestly, I think CJM falls back to earth while Tatum stays hot.  It's pretty good trade, I think, as long as Kyrie stays healthy.

In fact, if you could close both deals (well, you'd completely change the look of your team), you could punt blks and possibly TOs, while having auto-wins for points, FT%, treys, and assists.

get joked for capela turner and Holmes. You lose some blocks but if you keep nurk and ayton and with porzingis return you will have some blocks as well. And do not trade plumlee. he is a terrific fit with jokic