Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo!, CBS, ESPN, Fantrax, etc..


Recommended Posts

On 3/19/2021 at 5:03 PM, Impeccable said:

Apparently you can't have a co manager in yahoo pro leagues.  Ridiculous

Pros shouldn't need co-managers.

I also agree with Y! here this as sharks can co-manage. 

Edited by StevieStats
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yahoo could/should have done a lot of things over the years.  They never do.  You'll enjoy life a lot more once you accept that it's a free platform that's worth every penny you pay for it.

Yahoo is so terrible. Cute to see people write so much to defend it. Enjoy. 

Posted Images

19 hours ago, StevieStats said:

Pros shouldn't need co-managers.

I also agree with Y! here this as sharks can co-manage. 

Don't need one.  However it's fun to have a friend in a league with you.  It also helps when you are in a $500 league and have tons of other responsibilities and you have someone there to simply set a lineup if you forget.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how Fantrax handles auto-drafters in an auction? 

This is our first year playing on Fantrax. On ESPN, auto-drafters would auto-bid based on the ESPN projected value. I don't see any projected value in the Fantrax draft room or in the "rank players" section.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do moves you make before the season starts count in max move yahoo leagues?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Do moves you make before the season starts count in max move yahoo leagues?

If it is for the season I would assume so.

If it's a weekly limit then no they don't count until opening day for week 1 and reset every Monday (week 1 is 11 days due to the Thursday opening day) so not the first Monday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Do moves you make before the season starts count in max move yahoo leagues?

If you have a season maximum set, yes it does...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The_Real_Deal said:

What's the deal WITH yahoo's waiver wire system? You have to bid for players and claim them on a certain day? No more adding a player freely? 

What kind of league? Not having that issue in my Yahoo keeper league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

fantrax question:

Why cant I make a straight swap of a  minor league player on my MLB roster with a MLBer on my minor roster.

example: T. Trammell is in my minors and I need to bring him up to the majors. I have R. Lopez on my MLB roster but he has been sent down to the minors by CWS.

 

So in theory I should be able to swap the two players to make my roster inline for the start of the season.

 

Any ideas about this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The_Real_Deal said:

What's the deal WITH yahoo's waiver wire system? You have to bid for players and claim them on a certain day? No more adding a player freely? 

You can add them for free as in a bid zero if you think no one else is interested or even wait until they clear waivers and pick them up as a free agent. 

Having used it for some years now in Yahoo dynasty I have come to really like it.  It is a much nicer system than the old one since you bring in a bit more strategy into decisions.  And IF you really want someone badly you can go full bore for him and shoot your wad and overcome your seeding that way.  That is more used in dynasty of course but still it gives you the ability to play a more flexible type of fantasy baseball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, octapuss said:

fantrax question:

Why cant I make a straight swap of a  minor league player on my MLB roster with a MLBer on my minor roster.

example: T. Trammell is in my minors and I need to bring him up to the majors. I have R. Lopez on my MLB roster but he has been sent down to the minors by CWS.

 

So in theory I should be able to swap the two players to make my roster inline for the start of the season.

 

Any ideas about this?

I'm fairly sure yoy cant move R. Lopez down to the minors because he is no longer considered to be a minor leaguer as he has exceeded the limits for rookie of the year eligibility.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jb_power said:

I'm fairly sure yoy cant move R. Lopez down to the minors because he is no longer considered to be a minor leaguer as he has exceeded the limits for rookie of the year eligibility.

 

But if he’s in the minor leagues, it shouldn’t matter if he’s exceeded his rookie eligibility. He’s still a minor leaguer, I would think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just beginning to use fantrax. Was always on espn before. If the club sends him to the minors in real life you can demote him to the minors on fantrax. They put a little green flag beside players name to show minors eligibility.

 

Anyone have an idea about this question?

 

thanks

2 hours ago, octapuss said:

fantrax question:

Why cant I make a straight swap of a  minor league player on my MLB roster with a MLBer on my minor roster.

example: T. Trammell is in my minors and I need to bring him up to the majors. I have R. Lopez on my MLB roster but he has been sent down to the minors by CWS.

 

So in theory I should be able to swap the two players to make my roster inline for the start of the season.

 

Any ideas about this?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, octapuss said:

I'm just beginning to use fantrax. Was always on espn before. If the club sends him to the minors in real life you can demote him to the minors on fantrax. They put a little green flag beside players name to show minors eligibility.

 

Anyone have an idea about this question?

 

thanks

 

Your commish should be able to answer your question.

FYI, there are options within Fantrax for how you want to handle the minor league roster spots.  For example in a keeper league that I commish you can not place any player into a minor league roster sport that has exceeded 130 ABs or 50 IP in his career

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Public league 

All Yahoo Public / Pro Leagues transitioned to FAB budgets last year (Pro Leagues were canceled so the transition never went into effect). There is a daily blind auction for every player on waivers. The system is much more equitable than the waivers driven by draft position and eliminates the rush to add players when news breaks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

All Yahoo Public / Pro Leagues transitioned to FAB budgets last year (Pro Leagues were canceled so the transition never went into effect). There is a daily blind auction for every player on waivers. The system is much more equitable than the waivers driven by draft position and eliminates the rush to add players when news breaks.

Not a fan. I like grabbing players once the news break!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Not a fan. I like grabbing players once the news break!

I think it would have been nice to have a choice. For me personally I like FAB better. When I was in college I would have said I like free agents better where I was able to follow the news constantly and take advantage. FAB removes that advantage from some who don't have that ability.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the FanTrax app, is it possible to see a hitters upcoming weekly schedule with the pitchers they would face?  I can see the teams they are facing, but not probable pitchers 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see this being a problem, but this is my first time as commish doing a Yahoo draft (usually we do it offline) and i'm a bit of a worrier and I have a question.

The league allows teams to choose either 4 or 5 keepers, and the teams that keep 4 get round 5 to themselves to start the draft, before going to the regular draft order for round 6.

So right now in my Commish tools I have all the keepers picks set rounds 1-4, and then in round 5 I have the picks set for those teams that kept players, and then the other teams are at the end of round 5 with no pick entered.

This should work, right? I know it should work but the fact that I'm not completing a round has me doubting myself, lol.

Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheGoron86 said:

I don't see this being a problem, but this is my first time as commish doing a Yahoo draft (usually we do it offline) and i'm a bit of a worrier and I have a question.

The league allows teams to choose either 4 or 5 keepers, and the teams that keep 4 get round 5 to themselves to start the draft, before going to the regular draft order for round 6.

So right now in my Commish tools I have all the keepers picks set rounds 1-4, and then in round 5 I have the picks set for those teams that kept players, and then the other teams are at the end of round 5 with no pick entered.

This should work, right? I know it should work but the fact that I'm not completing a round has me doubting myself, lol.

Thanks in advance.

I would think that if you go to 'Draft > Draft Results' and it looks correct there, you should be ok

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheGoron86 said:

I don't see this being a problem, but this is my first time as commish doing a Yahoo draft (usually we do it offline) and i'm a bit of a worrier and I have a question.

The league allows teams to choose either 4 or 5 keepers, and the teams that keep 4 get round 5 to themselves to start the draft, before going to the regular draft order for round 6.

So right now in my Commish tools I have all the keepers picks set rounds 1-4, and then in round 5 I have the picks set for those teams that kept players, and then the other teams are at the end of round 5 with no pick entered.

This should work, right? I know it should work but the fact that I'm not completing a round has me doubting myself, lol.

Thanks in advance.

That will work. I run a keeper league where new managers don't have to keep 6 like the returning players do. So this year, our only new guy kept 2. So he got to pick 4 times in a row before round 7 started.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...