NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo!, CBS, ESPN, Fantrax, etc..

Maybe I’m just not tech savvy, but...

On ESPN, if I try to view my team through the website, it still routes me to the app.  The app has really limited info. Most notably, it doesn’t list the opposing pitcher.

Stop, unless I’m missing something, I would either have to access my team via my laptop, or view probable starters on a different site?

Seems like a tremendous pain.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yahoo could/should have done a lot of things over the years.  They never do.  You'll enjoy life a lot more once you accept that it's a free platform that's worth every penny you pay for it.

Yahoo is so terrible. Cute to see people write so much to defend it. Enjoy. 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

It has to be done by the club first.  If Yahoo or any other platform "guessed" that a player would be going on the IL then it gets into gray areas where some player may or may not be put on it and not just the obvious ones.  Where do you draw the line?  It would get real sketchy real fast.  So no, a platform can't place them on the IL until it is official from the club.

I own Voit too but this is a case of "damn Yankees" and not "damn Yahoo."  And yes it is really really aggravating waiting for NY to do the obvious as you see the replacement(s) you wanted in the free agent pool go to other teams before you can get one of them.

Looks like yahoo already started guessing as Trent Grisham isn't officially on the IL but Yahoo has him with the tag.

10 hours ago, 89Topps said:

Maybe I’m just not tech savvy, but...

On ESPN, if I try to view my team through the website, it still routes me to the app.  The app has really limited info. Most notably, it doesn’t list the opposing pitcher.

Stop, unless I’m missing something, I would either have to access my team via my laptop, or view probable starters on a different site?

Seems like a tremendous pain.

I just figured out, if I delete the app from my phone, then the site doesn’t default to it. Sucks not having the app, but it will be so much easier to be able to set lineups without it.

For the extendes week 1 format, Does Yahoo let leagues reset their weekly lineups on Monday?

Asking for a friend (as a Nelson Cruz owner)

Edited by whips02

Anyone else having issues on CBS with lineups? Go to set lineup on 4/2 and beyond and everyone’s teams have numerous players missing from their rosters. What’s going on?

13 hours ago, duke of queens said:

Looks like yahoo already started guessing as Trent Grisham isn't officially on the IL but Yahoo has him with the tag.

It's because the team announced a few days ago that he was going to be on the IL to start the season, thus taking out any "guesswork" by Yahoo. Austin Nola was also placed on the IL by Yahoo at the same time due to the report:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/padres/story/2021-03-29/padres-roster-opening-day-ryan-weathers-trent-grisham-austin-nola

Edited by Dark One
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Dark One said:

It's because the team announced a few days ago that he was going to be on the IL to start the season, thus taking out any "guesswork" by Yahoo. Austin Nola was also placed on the IL by Yahoo at the same time due to the report:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/padres/story/2021-03-29/padres-roster-opening-day-ryan-weathers-trent-grisham-austin-nola

I understand that but that is not their policy. So they are not following what they have always preached which is when players are officially placed on the IL they will get the tag. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

I understand that but that is not their policy. So they are not following what they have always preached which is when players are officially placed on the IL they will get the tag. 

Of course it's their policy; players go on IL when the teams put them there, unless they don't feel like it. It's like their policy, players must accumulate 5 games starting at a position to qualify, unless they don't feel like it. Or Ohtani can't be one player because they don't have time to do it... or they don't feel like it.

Edited by Hanghow
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

Of course it's their policy; players go on IL when the teams put them there, unless they don't feel like it. It's like their policy, players must accumulate 5 games starting at a position to qualify, unless they don't feel like it. Or Ohtani can't be one player because they don't have time to do it... or they don't feel like it.

Exactly

40 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

Yahoo doesn't put the players on the DL whenever they feel like it...  They get the data from a stat provider...

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, posty said:

Yahoo doesn't put the players on the DL whenever they feel like it...  They get the data from a stat provider...

That's part of the problem. I believe they are getting the IL data from Rotowire which can do as they wish with the IL designation even if there is no official designation. 

Just now, duke of queens said:

That's part of the problem. I believe they are getting the IL data from Rotowire which can do as they wish with the IL designation even if there is no official designation. 

I don't think they get it from Rotowire...  IIRC they get their data from a legit data service...  Not STATS, but something very similar...

This was a long time ago that I remember, so I could be completely incorrect on this...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, posty said:

I don't think they get it from Rotowire...  IIRC they get their data from a legit data service...  Not STATS, but something very similar...

This was a long time ago that I remember, so I could be completely incorrect on this...

Well wherever they are getting their data it is not correct. I am a customer of Yahoo not the data provider so blaming Yahoo for bad data is what I will do.😉

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, whips02 said:

Does anyone know if yahoo will let you reset your roster for week 1 when Monday rolls around (weekly league question)?

I don't play weekly leagues, but I would venture to guess that they would not because it is still week one on April 5...

Just now, posty said:

I don't play weekly leagues, but I would venture to guess that they would not because it is still week one on April 5...

Yeah I would assume that too, but just for an example, when i go to Monday on the schedule, i can currently adjust my roster, whereas any other day during “week 1” i cannot (daily lineup is locked in other words)

31 minutes ago, whips02 said:

Yeah I would assume that too, but just for an example, when i go to Monday on the schedule, i can currently adjust my roster, whereas any other day during “week 1” i cannot (daily lineup is locked in other words)

I thought you could and this is how I was going to suggest you check.

3 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

I thought you could and this is how I was going to suggest you check.

Yesterday i checked and this upcoming Monday allowed for lineups to be adjusted, every other day was locked.

However, looking at it today, every day in this “week” 1 allow me to make an adjustment

12 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

Anyone else having issues on CBS with lineups? Go to set lineup on 4/2 and beyond and everyone’s teams have numerous players missing from their rosters. What’s going on?

Yes I'm having the same problem;

Also live scoring is not working

CBS is not repling back to my emails

CBS messed up my FA pick up in a weekly league.

Waited till just after the deadline, saw that the transaction would be for W2, did the drop/add then checked my W1 lineup.

There's the FA SP not starting this week in my locked W1 lineup.

#^#@^%#^@^@&@&@^!%@

16 hours ago, 89Topps said:

I just figured out, if I delete the app from my phone, then the site doesn’t default to it. Sucks not having the app, but it will be so much easier to be able to set lineups without it.

I was going to respond but I read you figured it out. I was being directed to the app all the time so I deleted the app. I use aiPad. It’s easier when setting lineups.