Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo!, CBS, ESPN, Fantrax, etc..


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rabaak said:

My CBS league does not show that

image.png.523636c3b3f889a2643cac0362da6d95.png

Means pitched 7 innings, not 9.  The game went 9 innings, not 12.  And no I think it is at CBS end because the stat providers I would guess are usually the same for most platforms and there are no comments about problems on Yahoo, ESPN, Fantrax etc.  Just a guess but if something only is a problem on one platform it usually comes down to that platform and/or how they interact/process the data from the stat provider.

I'm sure they will get it corrected.  CBS actually charges money to play there from what I've read here and so the longer this goes on the more disgruntled customers threatening to bolt ship and that means a greater lose of money for them then almost any other platform would suffer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yahoo could/should have done a lot of things over the years.  They never do.  You'll enjoy life a lot more once you accept that it's a free platform that's worth every penny you pay for it.

Yahoo is so terrible. Cute to see people write so much to defend it. Enjoy. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

And no I think it is at CBS end because the stat providers I would guess are usually the same for most platforms and there are no comments about problems on Yahoo, ESPN, Fantrax etc. 

I think there are a number of companies that provide this service. Elias Sports used to be a big provider. I think Stats Inc is another.  Opta Sports, Isports API, Sports VU are other companies I have heard of. 

If CBS is like every other company I worked for, if a new company can do the same thing for cheaper, the old provider will be gone. So if CBS did change to a new provider, that would explain some of this.  Even though the new company provides the same content, there might be issues with how they format the content and pass it to CBS.

I'm not saying that I know this is what is happening. But I have been on CBS for a long time for fantasy sports, probably 20 years, and I've never seen problems like what are being seen now.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

CBS Sports Question (start limit per week)

Anybody know if there is a way to limit the number of starts in a week for a h2h points league.  We switched from weekly to daily moves but want to put a cap on starts per week.   After that cap hits then 0 points would be awarded  to any starts for the remainder of the week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CardiacDO said:

Pardon the question if already answered, does anyone know if moves limits reset tomorrow in Yahoo leagues? 

Why would they?  When there are partial weeks they are grafted onto a full week just like they always do every year on Yahoo.  Every All Star break we go through this too as there is always some people who forget that there is no such thing as a mere 3 or 4 day week but there are always 10 or 11 day weeks at All Star time.  So why would this be any different?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Why would they?  When there are partial weeks they are grafted onto a full week just like they always do every year on Yahoo.  Every All Star break we go through this too as there is always some people who forget that there is no such thing as a mere 3 or 4 day week but there are always 10 or 11 day weeks at All Star time.  So why would this be any different?

So the answer is no. And I joined a week ago so what you people talked about "every all star break", I'm not in on that insider info yet. One day I'll get 7000 posts and not ask such stupid questions. 

Edited by CardiacDO
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

So the answer is no. And I joined a week ago so what you people talked about "every all star break", I'm not in on that insider info yet. One day I'll get 7000 posts and not ask such stupid questions. 

I meant people that play on Yahoo know that.  Or any platform for that matter.  I didn't get this is your first year in fantasy baseball period.  Sorry.

So yes now at least you will know that that happens at All Star break.  In Yahoo they put banner news up on the League page and always tell people at the start of the season's Opening Week and approaching All Star break how long the "week" around those two dates will be in h2h format leagues.  And they never ever increase the number of moves in these "extended" weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of getting frustrated with CBS live scoring.  In some of my leagues the stats are updating, but in other leagues and even with the same player the stats are blank.  It stings because my league managers are paying for this platform.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Short Porch said:

Kind of getting frustrated with CBS live scoring.  In some of my leagues the stats are updating, but in other leagues and even with the same player the stats are blank.  It stings because my league managers are paying for this platform.

Yaz finally got credit for his HR on 5/5. Missed Bundy's start yesterday because CBS had him starting vs TOR tomorrow. It was still that way when I went to bed last night, finally fixed this am. Pretty crappy for a pay site

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if you can set up contigency claims on Fantrax like you can on CBS?  For example, if you have a playler on the IL can you set up four claims whereby only one will be processed.  The claim would process the player into the IL slot rather than you having to do it on your own prior to the claim. I had a manager on Fantrax complain that he added multiple players when he only needed to add one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RotoMaster said:

As usual, Yahoo can't figure out the standings in Week 1 🙄

I knew something was wrong when Albert Pujols was atop of the "Trending Transactions" page on the app. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My Yahoo standings are different from last night.  I went from 43 to 41 RBI.  But the only "stat correction" says "Trevor Bauer" RBI 1 (April 2)...Pitchers don't get hitting stats in my league.  Other matchups different too....what's going on?  anyone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

My Yahoo standings are different from last night.  I went from 43 to 41 RBI.  But the only "stat correction" says "Trevor Bauer" RBI 1 (April 2)...Pitchers don't get hitting stats in my league.  Other matchups different too....what's going on?  anyone?

In Players > Stat Corrections for week 1, I have the following RBI fixes...

Senzel - April 7 - minus 1
Corey Seager - April 2 - plus 1

However the standings you had from last night weren't official and probably were live stat feeds, which aren't accurate...  Yahoo has always suggested to wait until the final stat feed for the day has come in and they have updated the information accordingly...

In all honesty, they are still working on issues with the standings, so I would wait until later in the day...
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, posty said:

In Players > Stat Corrections for week 1, I have the following RBI fixes...

Senzel - April 7 - minus 1
Corey Seager - April 2 - plus 1

However the standings you had from last night weren't official and probably were live stat feeds, which aren't accurate...  Yahoo has always suggested to wait until the final stat feed for the day has come in and they have updated the information accordingly...

In all honesty, they are still working on issues with the standings, so I would wait until later in the day...
 

Do they use some other service to compare their stats to?  Otherwise I don't see how they can catch their errors in a few hours for hundreds of games.  And if they do use another service that is more official, why don't they use it the whole time so they never mess up?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Do they use some other service to compare their stats to?  Otherwise I don't see how they can catch their errors in a few hours for hundreds of games.  And if they do use another service that is more official, why don't they use it the whole time so they never mess up?  

Yahoo does use a stat provider for their data...  I have no idea who it is, but stat changes usually occurs after games if the official scorer changes their mind on something...  If that is the day after the stats are final, Yahoo does the "Stat Correction" update...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well at least Yahoo isn't in denial mode for a change.  In a bright orange bar at the top of the League page you will see the following:

Quote

We are aware of scoring and waiver issues with Fantasy Baseball and are working to get those resolved. We appreciate everyone's patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KilloWertz said:

It'a amazing that they still don't have it fixed.  It's almost Noon...

Yahoo is a left coast company...  Only nine in the morning out there...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, posty said:

Yahoo is a left coast company...  Only nine in the morning out there...

True.  As long as I can pick up the two players I want after they clear waivers in time for games tonight, then no big deal in the end.  Still a bit frustrating though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...