NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo!, CBS, ESPN, Fantrax, etc..

Anyway to cheat on yahoo faab process?

if I bid $100 for a player z and drop player x and also bid $50 for player z and drop player y will it always take my highest bid regardless of order and the fact that I am dropping two different players?

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yahoo could/should have done a lot of things over the years.  They never do.  You'll enjoy life a lot more once you accept that it's a free platform that's worth every penny you pay for it.

Yahoo is so terrible. Cute to see people write so much to defend it. Enjoy. 

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Anyway to cheat on yahoo faab process?

if I bid $100 for a player z and drop player x and also bid $50 for player z and drop player y will it always take my highest bid regardless of order and the fact that I am dropping two different players?

You can't put the lower bid higher than the higher bid in your waiver priority.

4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Well at least Yahoo isn't in denial mode for a change.  In a bright orange bar at the top of the League page you will see the following:

People have been complaining in the basketball forum too. The playoffs are starting for a lot of people. But the word there is that all is well now.

Anyone having trouble with the mobile app for ESPN Fantasy? Seems like they're requiring you to update the app in order to use it, but the update requires IOS 13 (I've updated my phone to its max, which is IOS 12.5.2) so I'm no longer able to use the mobile app because I can't bypass the requirement to update.

54235634_image1(2).jpeg.c699af0ea42e996cd76397022e8167f1.jpeg

For Yahoo app users(works on Android not sure iOS):

If you want to get to the desktop site without having to have a separate desktop link on your phone, which breaks from time to time and requires log in sometimes there is another way.

1. Go to your team page and click on the cog wheel next to your team name. This will bring you to the Edit Team Info page.

2. Then click cancel at the bottom. 

3. After hitting cancel, you will be brought to the desktop version on your team page. You can now navigate to any pages that are not available on the app. To go back to the app, just click the X in the top right corner.

For me, this helps seeing the FAAB bids and live standings not available on the app as well as other features.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

For Yahoo app users(works on Android not sure iOS):

If you want to get to the desktop site without having to have a separate desktop link on your phone, which breaks from time to time and requires log in sometimes there is another way.

1. Go to your team page and click on the cog wheel next to your team name. This will bring you to the Edit Team Info page.

2. Then click cancel at the bottom. 

3. After hitting cancel, you will be brought to the desktop version on your team page. You can now navigate to any pages that are not available on the app. To go back to the app, just click the X in the top right corner.

For me, this helps seeing the FAAB bids and live standings not available on the app as well as other features.

Doesn't quite seem to work in iOS. There's an edit pencil instead of cog wheel, but when you hit cancel, the desktop version shows briefly before reverting back to the app page. Great idea, though!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bogey9906 said:

Doesn't quite seem to work in iOS. There's an edit pencil instead of cog wheel, but when you hit cancel, the desktop version shows briefly before reverting back to the app page. Great idea, though!

Yeah, I just tried it and it did the same thing for me on my iphone. 

dumb question: where can i find position eligibility on yahoo? For example how many games a player has played at 2nd base. Im trying to monitor when a player will gain extra eligibility but cant see where.

Thanks

32 minutes ago, octapuss said:

dumb question: where can i find position eligibility on yahoo? For example how many games a player has played at 2nd base. Im trying to monitor when a player will gain extra eligibility but cant see where.

Thanks

Players
     Position Eligibility
              (search for player)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, octapuss said:

1 hour ago, JCD said:

Players
     Position Eligibility
              (search for player)

What JCD said though I find Baseball Reference easier to use personally.  Don't play fantasy baseball without this being your favorite bookmark.  Look at Standard Fielding Table for G (Game Appearances) and GS (Games Started).  The plus for this site is especially golden for dynasty and keeper league managers since you can easily see if a player hasa re-qualified  at a position he already has for next year as well:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/

The problem with Yahoo's Position Eligibility is people mix up what it means all the time.  Like 2 under 2B means what?  Two more games or the guy has played there 2 times.  (Former, not latter). 

So to get the same thing Baseball Reference has but on Yahoo click on the player's name and after that page pops up it defaults to Batting.  Click on Fielding instead.  Same G and GS.  I didn't know that was a thing until I read it here because it doesn't look like a toggle switch to me.  (Right under player's portrait).  It is much much clearer than the Position Eligibility which is only really decent to see names of players who will start to qualify at different positions.  Checking your own it is better to use this instead.

So why Baseball Reference link?  Because Yahoo didn't have this for the longest while and once you get use to Baseball Reference you can get lost in that site it is so cool.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, octapuss said:

You can also just click on an individual player's profile and then the "fielding" tab, it gives you an easy picture of all positions played, how many games played and how many games started at each position. I find it the easiest and fastest way to check.

Any idea how long it takes a pitcher to gain SP eligibility in CBS? Freddy Peralta has already had 3 starts, but is still only listed as an RP. If I put him in the RP spot and he gets a W, I only get 5 pts and not 10 for an SP position. It seems like position players gain eligibility in CBS as soon as they even play once at any position.

A salute to Yahoo Blurb Guy who is also Rotoworld (aka NBC/Edge/Sharp/Branding/Corny Name) Guy:

Matchup Rating  (4/20 Bal)

{HLastname} has favorable matchups in some categories, but has a Hard Hit Rate of just {HardHit_H15:0.#%} (League Avg: {HardHit_LAVG15:0.#%}) over the last 15 days.

Looks like out beloved Blurb Guy is just phoning it in at this point too lazy to be bothered to fill in his little template.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

A salute to Yahoo Blurb Guy who is also Rotoworld (aka NBC/Edge/Sharp/Branding/Corny Name) Guy:

Looks like out beloved Blurb Guy is just phoning it in at this point too lazy to be bothered to fill in his little template.

Off to pick up {HLastname} in my league...

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've skimmed the thread and have not seen - it appears Y! has finally fixed the "early rainout guy you start is locked in forever" thing.

I was just able to sit Dom Smith (PPD - 4:45 PDT game) for Chapman (6:40) way past 4:45. Am I dreaming or is this a thing now.

2 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I've skimmed the thread and have not seen - it appears Y! has finally fixed the "early rainout guy you start is locked in forever" thing.

I was just able to sit Dom Smith (PPD - 4:45 PDT game) for Chapman (6:40) way past 4:45. Am I dreaming or is this a thing now.

I think this has been a thing for a few years; you can't move a guy until the game has officially been postponed, but I agree it's nice. Too bad all the guys I would've plugged in for McNeil are injured.

1 minute ago, Hanghow said:

I think this has been a thing for a few years; you can't move a guy until the game has officially been postponed, but I agree it's nice. Too bad all the guys I would've plugged in for McNeil are injured.

Not in my experience. Through last year guys in PPD games were "un-editable" - you take the doughnut.

3 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Not in my experience. Through last year guys in PPD games were "un-editable" - you take the doughnut.

This seemed like a new thing to me as well 👍🏻

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Definitely were able to swap after ppd last year. Not sure about 2019.

• Like 1
Just now, duke of queens said:

Definitely were able to swap after ppd last year. Not sure about 2019.

Interesting. I played but the sample size was of course small - I may not have needed to do it.

2 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Interesting. I played but the sample size was of course small - I may not have needed to do it.

Just looked up on Reddit. 2019 they put this into production.

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, silianrail said:

Yahoo Stattracker not updating for anyone else? Requires manual refresh. I'm on Firefox/Win10

Not here either. I use Chrome/Edge/Firefox/Win10 - same story.

EDIT - I made a ticket - not that it would ever matter. Y! works on their own time as I'm sure you've noticed.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 1