NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo!, CBS, ESPN, Fantrax, etc..

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yahoo could/should have done a lot of things over the years.  They never do.  You'll enjoy life a lot more once you accept that it's a free platform that's worth every penny you pay for it.

Yahoo is so terrible. Cute to see people write so much to defend it. Enjoy. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, silianrail said:

My Stattracker appears to have fixed itself. As an obsessed number watcher I was getting tired of F5ing. Cheers!

Same boat for me my friend.

23 hours ago, silianrail said:

My Stattracker appears to have fixed itself. As an obsessed number watcher I was getting tired of F5ing. Cheers!

Evidently it was a temp fix - down again here.

Is the cbs sports app down for everyone? I keep getting an error when trying to log in. I never logged out in the first place, has to be something going on. 

Im curious about Rotoballers premium subscription.

How does the MLB DFS Lineup Optimizer/Generator tool, which comes with player projections work?

Do they do a good job identifying best lineups?

I see Yahoo has a paid version with similar abilities.

Anyone using these tools and share a review?

thanks

Posted (edited)

The last time [Kiner-Falefa] caught in the majors was 2019 right? Yahoo makes ESPN look competent sometimes. And that's quite a feat. Catcher? Really?

Edited by tonycpsu
Moved platform derail
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

The last time this guy caught in the majors was 2019 right? Yahoo makes ESPN look competent sometimes. And that's quite a feat. Catcher? Really?

Not sure how many times it has to be explained. He caught 38 games in 2019 making him catcher-eligible in 2020, and Yahoo stated that all positional eligibilities would be carried over from 2020 to 2021. 

• Like 3

^I wasn't saying they did it randomly with no rationale. I'm just saying it's dumb to make this guy C eligible in any fantasy league on any format, considering how unbalancing that is, the fact that he hasn't been behind the plate since 2019, and also that he probably won't be putting on catcher's equipment at any point this year even in an emergency situation, where they would more likely call up a minor leaguer.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

^I wasn't saying they did it randomly with no rationale. I'm just saying it's dumb to make this guy C eligible in any fantasy league on any format, considering how unbalancing that is, the fact that he hasn't been behind the plate since 2019, and also that he probably won't be putting on catcher's equipment at any point this year even in an emergency situation, where they would more likely call up a minor leaguer.

I have no issue with what they did as long as they make it consistent for everyone for this one year, in part because they understand that many leagues "didn't count" in 2020. And that's what they did. But if you want to complain, I guess have at it. 

Posted (edited)

^It should be obvious I don't play on yahoo. So it's certainly not a "complaint".

You may be mistaking my use of the word "dumb" for some other word, like "unfair" or "inconsistent". Of course it's consistent for everyone. Just consistently dumb, which is obviously just in my opinion based on the facts I gave in my last post. Maybe it's not quite as dumb as splitting Shohei Ohtani into two evil hitter/pitcher twins. But I guess if that makes sense, why shouldn't this.

Edited by Fiveohnine
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

^It should be obvious I don't play on yahoo. So it's certainly not a "complaint".

You may be mistaking my use of the word "dumb" for some other word, like "unfair" or "inconsistent". Of course it's consistent for everyone. Just consistently dumb, which is obviously just in my opinion based on the facts I gave in my last post. Maybe it's not quite as dumb as splitting Shohei Ohtani into two evil hitter/pitcher twins. But I guess if that makes sense, why shouldn't this.

How about when Anthony Rizzo was eligible at second base in 2017 on yahoo, fantrax & cbs .. I don’t think ESPN gave him eligibility 

Edited by shakestreet

Y! Stat Tracker has been buggy as hell all day for me. Any attempt to drill down and see box scores = blank screen/reboot. Constantly getting disconnected, etc.

• Like 1
Just now, SuperJoint said:

Y! Stat Tracker has been buggy as hell all day for me. Any attempt to drill down and see box scores = blank screen/reboot. Constantly getting disconnected, etc.

Seems like it's been like that for a couple of weeks for me. Disappointing.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bogey9906 said:

Seems like it's been like that for a couple of weeks for me. Disappointing.

Actually today is the first day in weeks it hasn't been buggy for me so maybe it's being fixed? 🤞

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Actually today is the first day in weeks it hasn't been buggy for me so maybe it's being fixed? 🤞

I haven’t been having issues with Yahoo. 

Posted (edited)

What's the deal with [Sixto Sanchez's] loss of the NA Tag? That hurts, now I have to activate him in order to make any kind of transaction in Yahoo. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Moved platform-specifc derail from player thread
1 minute ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

What's the deal with the loss of the NA Tag? That hurts, now I have to activate him in order to make any kind of transaction in Yahoo. 

Probably because he was sent down and is actually on the MiLB IL. Most platforms don’t track that and just list minor leaguers as NA 

3 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Probably because he was sent down and is actually on the MiLB IL. Most platforms don’t track that and just list minor leaguers as NA 

So then is it safe to assume once he begins his rehab games that he will transfer back to NA from IL?

3 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

So then is it safe to assume once he begins his rehab games that he will transfer back to NA from IL?

I don't know about Yahoo.  On ESPN he has no designation.  My guess would be he only gets IL status if he's called back up to the MLB roster and put on that IL.  I'm not really sure why Miami would do that though.

Gee, I wonder if people are going to be complaining today about the "stats not updating" for the completion of the suspended game between the Reds and Nationals?

From Yahoo's help:

When a game is suspended, all player scoring up until the suspension is applied. The remainder of the game's scoring for all players will be applied retroactively once play resumes using stat corrections. Since stat corrections are only processed on Mondays, there may be a posting delay.

Exception - In Head-to-head leagues corrections will only be processed if they apply to the most recently completed matchup.

So on ESPN I had to bench Brad Hand yesterday to get Kaprielian in my lineup. He's back in my lineup today though. Will I get credit for his save today from the continuation of yesterday's game or will I get cucked by ESPN?

16 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

So on ESPN I had to bench Brad Hand yesterday to get Kaprielian in my lineup. He's back in my lineup today though. Will I get credit for his save today from the continuation of yesterday's game or will I get cucked by ESPN?

No and because he wasn't in your lineup yesterday...  You will get any stats from him in the night game...

On 5/24/2021 at 12:43 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

What's the deal with the loss of the NA Tag? That hurts, now I have to activate him in order to make any kind of transaction in Yahoo. 

You like the little slight-of-hand-hush-hush move by Y! to put him back as NA? 

It was idiotic to put him on the IL in the first place - made no sense. And then several (likely hundreds, or thousands) of Sanchez owners had to engage in some roster calisthenics - including likely dropping players they preferred to keep - in order to get their rosters legal again.

And now - after several days, without a word said about it by Y! - he is moved back to NA as he should have been all along. So if you thought your roster was "legal" after you made all the moves to deal with him inexplicably moved to IL - now you're going to be blocked from making moves again until you maneuver him back over to NA.

Irritating.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

You like the little slight-of-hand-hush-hush move by Y! to put him back as NA? 

It was idiotic to put him on the IL in the first place - made no sense. And then several (likely hundreds, or thousands) of Sanchez owners had to engage in some roster calisthenics - including likely dropping players they preferred to keep - in order to get their rosters legal again.

And now - after several days, without a word said about it by Y! - he is moved back to NA as he should have been all along. So if you thought your roster was "legal" after you made all the moves to deal with him inexplicably moved to IL - now you're going to be blocked from making moves again until you maneuver him back over to NA.

Irritating.

Why can't they simply allow them to be interchangeable? I ran into a spot earlier within an NL only league, with only 2 IL spots and 1 NA spot, but I had multiple other IL players on my bench. When an NA player was activated for a start, why could I not put one of the bench IL players in the spot? Even if the NA player doesn't get immediately sent down after, it could still block you from making any additional moves without re-activating the IL player first. That way you're still deactivating a player but at least get your single day stats. They do make a few mistakes like this from time to time, they had Carlos Estevez on the IL for days after his activation last week for example. But in general, if a player like Sixto is on my NA spot and I don't NEED his innings, I'll leave him there for the first start since I'm not expecting a full unleashing + rust. 

Edited by Richard Kimble
1 minute ago, Richard Kimble said:

Why can't they simply allow them to be interchangeable? I ran into a spot earlier within an NL only league, with only 2 IL spots and 1 NA spot, but I had multiple other IL players on my bench. When an NA player was activated for a start, why could I not put one of the NA players in the spot? Even if they don't get immediately sent down after, it could still block you from making any additional moves without re-activating the IL player first. That way you're still deactivating a player but at least get your single day stats. They do make a few mistakes like this from time to time, they had Carlos Estevez on the IL for days after his activation last week for example. But in general, if a player like Sixto is on my NA spot and I don't NEED his innings, I'll leave him there for the first start since I'm not expecting a full unleashing + rust. 

I'm not sure I understand bolded so I can't really answer. If you only have one NA slot (as I do) I'm not sure what another player's NA status has anything to do with the status of the one NA you're allowed to carry.

My only point is this:  Y! changed Sixto from "NA" to "IL" based on news that he was starting a rehab assignment. He was sent down to the minors a long time ago and THEN got hurt. The fact he's "starting a rehab assignment" is no reason to change his status. He's not on the Marlins' roster.

Y! seems to silently understand that, having moved him back to where he was. And that would be AFTER his owners had to either drop people to make their roster work or simply accept not being to make any moves until they were desperate. That's it.

• Marlins optioned RHP Sixto Sanchez and INF Isan Diaz to Triple-A Jacksonville.

Sanchez needs time to be built up after getting a late start to spring training following a false-positive COVID-19 test. He will throw five innings and 75 pitches in a simulated game Wednesday, so it shouldn't take him long to get stretched out. Diaz was beaten out by Jazz Chisholm for the second base job.

Mar 31, 2021, 5:28 PM ET

Marlins skipper Don Mattingly announced Friday that the MRI on injured right-hander Sixto Sanchez revealed only minor inflammation in the back of his right shoulder.

Mattingly told reporters Friday that he considered the results good news and that he believes Sanchez will be back at some point. He also noted that it will be a slow progression back to the big leagues and as of now the team hasn't given any timetable on a potential return. It sounds like he'll miss all of April at a minimum and what happens after that will depend on how his shoulder responds as he ramps back up during rehab. In deeper mixed leagues where early draft capital was invested in him, fantasy managers are in a position where they have to wait it out and see what happens. As long as there are no setbacks along the way, Sanchez can still make a major impact this season.

... See More
    Apr 2, 2021, 4:15 PM ET