NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo!, CBS, ESPN, Fantrax, etc..

45 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Can anyone tell me the exact time the calendar day switches on Yahoo? I'm out of moves for the week but I'm looking to make an add as soon as the day switches in the system. I believe its 3:00 or 3:30 in the morning. Thanks in advance. 

Yes 3 am eastern which is midnight pacific.  It is the pacific time that they clue in on since it is the time the calendar day switches over totally in the entire continental US.

If your add is on waivers you may have to wait through the data processing time but if the player is a FA you can pick them up at 3:01 pacific time.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Can anyone tell me the exact time the calendar day switches on Yahoo? I'm out of moves for the week but I'm looking to make an add as soon as the day switches in the system. I believe its 3:00 or 3:30 in the morning. Thanks in advance. 

Who's the hot pickup that can't wait until the morning mate? You're setting yourself behind the 8ball for the week not getting a good night's sleep, but if you tell your boss you had to add Manoah before anyone else could in your heads up league he'll totally understand showing up late. Now you just have to hope no one adds him at 2:59 a.m... 

Edited by Richard Kimble

3 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Who's the hot pickup that can't wait until the morning mate? You're setting yourself behind the 8ball for the week not getting a good night's sleep, but if you tell your boss you had to add Manoah before anyone else could in your heads up league he'll totally understand showing up late. Now you just have to hope no one adds him at 2:59 a.m... 

Funny you should ask - it's someone you've been touting hard the past 24 hours (Feyereisen). I'm hoping he makes it on the wire til 3AM

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Funny you should ask - it's someone you've been touting hard the past 24 hours (Feyereisen). I'm hoping he makes it on the wire til 3AM

that was my second guess lol good luck hope u get him

Edited by Richard Kimble
actually lied I honestly put JP in there b4 changing it to Manoah...gr8 minds

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have info on how the resumed Mariners/White Sox game from Saturday will be treated for H2H matchups? Not seeing stats for anything that happened after the game was paused Saturday.

9 hours ago, Jub Jub said:

Anyone have info on how the resumed Mariners/White Sox game from Saturday will be treated for H2H matchups? Not seeing stats for anything that happened after the game was paused Saturday.

They add the results in via stat correction the morning after the weekly matchup ends.

49 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

My opponent has emilio pagan and Yahoo! is crediting him with both a hold and win from last night.  Is this just an error?  I'm trying to think of a scenario where a pitcher could get credit for both and am coming up short.

It is possible...

If the starter doesn't go five innings, the official scorer can give the win to whomever they think deserves it...

Pagan came into the game in save situation, so that qualifies for a hold since he didn't finish the game...  Since holds are not an official stat, you will get this sometimes...  It is up to the stat provider...

Is anyone having an issue on CBS where the WAS vs LAD players are locked already? The game is at 11:05AM and roster normally lock 5 minutes before game time.

What's up with Yahoo giving minor leaguers with zero MLB service time the IL tag? For example Nick Lodolo is currently IL eligible and several other minor league players were/are. Not sure why this is happening but it's been a "problem" for at least a month now. Nice loophole to exploit if your league is prospect heavy

36 minutes ago, cs3 said:

What's up with Yahoo giving minor leaguers with zero MLB service time the IL tag? For example Nick Lodolo is currently IL eligible and several other minor league players were/are. Not sure why this is happening but it's been a "problem" for at least a month now. Nice loophole to exploit if your league is prospect heavy

They don't give them the tag.  The teams IL some of them and some they don't.  There have been any number that were IL'ed that are back as NA (example - Josiah Gray) and others that go from NA to IL like Lodolo.  Yahoo just doesn't make the stuff up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

They don't give them the tag.  The teams IL some of them and some they don't.  There have been any number that were IL'ed that are back as NA (example - Josiah Gray) and others that go from NA to IL like Lodolo.  Yahoo just doesn't make the stuff up.

That's true, I was wondering this about Alejandro Kirk, now currently on IL but technically still in the minors on rehab. I'm expecting that if he remained down there for more than the allotted 30 days, they would be forced to change his status to NA. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's the case.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Unless I'm missing something, they can't be on the MLB IL if they've never been in MLB. This is the first year I've ever seen a minor league player, who was injured while playing for a minor league team, get the IL tag on Yahoo.  

And there have been tons of minor league pitchers in the past that get injured, but that never got the IL tag.

Edited by cs3

27 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Unless I'm missing something, they can't be on the MLB IL if they've never been in MLB. This is the first year I've ever seen a minor league player, who was injured while playing for a minor league team, get the IL tag on Yahoo.  

And there have been tons of minor league pitchers in the past that get injured, but that never got the IL tag.

Ah I see your point, yes, I guess its a loophole, it is a free stash then essentially, because you can add players to IL this season without make a drop this year. They've made some minor changes in the system this year and in each year previous, so its best to just adapt as best you can.

For example, one of the better things I thought they did was communicating the need to change the verbiage on players last season; its still easy to slip up and say you "own" or "bought" a player in your league, but I'm good with using the terms manage/roster more deliberately as alternatives. This season, as far as the new rules for IL/NA spots, they haven't made some of these changes so clear, I think in part due to the uncertainty of how COVID would impact the game. Thankfully it hasn't been a huge story, aside from a few early cases.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cs3 said:

That was just that, the past.  Pre-covid.

It is because of the first month this year being a training camp since the minors didn't start until a month later than usual because of covid is my guess in other words. 

Minor leaguers active in those training camps and/or even earlier in spring training appear to be the ones in this new territory.  Maybe a certain number of others that were on a back-up list as well.  Probably one of the provisions in this year's MLB-Player's Association temp rules.  Next year things may return to the old ways unless they decide to adopt something akin to it in the new agreement.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Can anyone tell me why Sam Huff does not have the Minor League Distinction on cbssports fantasy? He is currently in the ACL either rehabbing or after coming off the 60 day IL. It’s a problem in my league that limits minor leaguers and the owner holding him doesn’t think he should count as a minor leaguer since he doesn’t have the “M” next to his name on the lineup page .