Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo!, CBS, ESPN, Fantrax, etc..


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yahoo could/should have done a lot of things over the years.  They never do.  You'll enjoy life a lot more once you accept that it's a free platform that's worth every penny you pay for it.

Yahoo is so terrible. Cute to see people write so much to defend it. Enjoy. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Hanghow said:

If anybody wants to see rosters or anything from 2020 on Yahoo!, you can also still go to the league through your user profile via https://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/.

I'd anticipate them coming back online by the end of January. 2018 is the only recent year they bled into February.

Yeah I meant your League/My Team page with the stats available the last 3 years and easy to read etc.  I agree you can always see all your archived teams over the years through that link but it is a dismal set-up to read.  That's why I always screen cap my team pages right after any season. 

And yeah I forgot they do open traditionally right after and occasionally even before the Super Bowl usually.  Me bad.  Probably got the late Super Bowl dates mixed up in my head about the opening this year because that is how I remember when they are about to open.  Thanks.

Anyway here is hoping they do open next week sometime.  It is a good sign you shut down the leagues on the computer version.  That is usually a sign they are starting their updating and adding of new prospects to the database.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, t0087669 said:

Yahoo Waiver claim question, let’s say if a player clears waiver on the 20th, and if my waiver claim is successful, will he be available to play on the 20th for me?

Depends on your settings. If it's set to "Today" than yes. If it's set to "Tomorrow" than no. Default Yahoo is "Tomorrow". Both have its positives and negatives.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2021 at 6:57 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

That isn't how modern baseball is played.  Probably the majority of players play more than one position not even counting utility players.  And "utility"and everyday multi-position are a merged area as well.  Nope.  Yahoo got it right ahead of the other platforms is all.

I always been a firm believer the way yahoo eligibility works is lame, and reading some of these so-called fantasy experts they fall in the same category. Majority of players play one position.

A second baseman plays second a shortstop plays SS a utility player 2B/SS,  An outfielder usually starts in  his designated position unless they have an injury then the team must decide what player plays out of position .... that is why a team has an  utility outfielder. A first baseman plays first he doesn’t start at third, just like a third baseman starts at third...unless there is an injury. 
 

This yahoo is the greatest just doesn’t cut it in my book. I have played fantasy baseball in almost every major platform and honestly some are better than others. 
 

*** something I found from Razzball 

https://razzball.com/position-eligibility-for-2021-fantasy-baseball/

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, shakestreet said:

I always been a firm believer the way yahoo eligibility works is lame, and reading some of these so-called fantasy experts they fall in the same category. Majority of players play one position.

A second baseman plays second a shortstop plays SS a utility player 2B/SS,  An outfielder usually starts in  his designated position unless they have an injury then the team must decide what player plays out of position .... that is why a team has an  utility outfielder. A first baseman plays first he doesn’t start at third, just like a third baseman starts at third...unless there is an injury. 
 

This yahoo is the greatest just doesn’t cut it in my book. I have played fantasy baseball in almost every major platform and honestly some are better than others. 
 

*** something I found from Razzball 

https://razzball.com/position-eligibility-for-2021-fantasy-baseball/

Different strokes and all that. You prefer ESPN, and that’s cool. I don’t like it at all...not even a little. Yahoo is my favorite after playing on ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, and FleaFlicker. I just like it better. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Different strokes and all that. You prefer ESPN, and that’s cool. I don’t like it at all...not even a little. Yahoo is my favorite after playing on ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, and FleaFlicker. I just like it better. 

Would be nice if these free platforms spent some more time and money to give its customers some more custimized options that matter. Like being able to choose position eligibility requirements, 1 or 2 players for pitcher/hitters, expanded playoffs etc. Hey you might even be able to charge a few bucks for an upgraded version and still keep the free one for those that don't care about the customization. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Would be nice if these free platforms spent some more time and money to give its customers some more customized options that matter. Like being able to choose position eligibility requirements, 1 or 2 players for pitcher/hitters, expanded playoffs etc. Hey you might even be able to charge a few bucks for an upgraded version and still keep the free one for those that don't care about the customization. 

I'd be all for Yahoo charging $100 a season for an upgraded package, as long as it included a way for keeper leagues to carry over NA players as keepers without having to shove them into the active roster at the outset of the season. Lol. My Yahoo league allows for two NA/MiLB keepers each year, and I have to go through each team and add them after the draft is over. But to do that, I have to first drop a player from each roster, add the NA players, put them in NA slots, and then add the dropped player. It's not hard, but it is a pain. Lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I'd be all for Yahoo charging $100 a season for an upgraded package, as long as it included a way for keeper leagues to carry over NA players as keepers without having to shove them into the active roster at the outset of the season. Lol. My Yahoo league allows for two NA/MiLB keepers each year, and I have to go through each team and add them after the draft is over. But to do that, I have to first drop a player from each roster, add the NA players, put them in NA slots, and then add the dropped player. It's not hard, but it is a pain. Lol. 

I hear ya. I know the add/drop screen very well. Very poorly designed. Have to do one at a time. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, duke of queens said:

I hear ya. I know the add/drop screen very well. Very poorly designed. Have to do one at a time. 

It is. And it hasn't changed in the 11 seasons that I've been a commish. Lol! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Different strokes and all that. You prefer ESPN, and that’s cool. I don’t like it at all...not even a little. Yahoo is my favorite after playing on ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, and FleaFlicker. I just like it better. 

The point was position eligibility. If yahoo is your go to platform then I assume you like how they determine position eligibility. Do you? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

I hear ya. I know the add/drop screen very well. Very poorly designed. Have to do one at a time. 

They changed that because it prevents teams from dumping every player at one time...  If you want to dump every player, you have to work at it now...

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

I hear ya. I know the add/drop screen very well. Very poorly designed. Have to do one at a time. 

In case you are wondering ESPN allows you to drop as many as you want ... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, posty said:

They changed that because it prevents teams from dumping every player at one time...  If you want to dump every player, you have to work at it now...

The add/drop screen is for commish use only not for teams to add/drop.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

The add/drop screen is for commish use only not for teams to add/drop.

Oh that one...  That one has been like that for as long as I can remember...  Definitely not user friendly for sure...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

The point was position eligibility. If yahoo is your go to platform then I assume you like how they determine position eligibility. Do you? 

I do think it's too low...5 starts/10 games played. Personally, I'd prefer 10 starts/20 games played. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I do think it's too low...5 starts/10 games played. Personally, I'd prefer 10 starts/20 games played. 

It might be too low but as long as everyone is playing by the same rules they should adjust their value of players to the rules in place.  I would prefer it have nothing to do with starts and just be appearances at a position. If a guy plays 10 times at a position during the season imo he can play that position and should have eligibility. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I do think it's too low...5 starts/10 games played. Personally, I'd prefer 10 starts/20 games played. 

I am coming up blank on the fiasco with Anthony Rizzo... I know he was given second base eligibility one year what platform and did it carry on to the next? Was this on both yahoo & ESPN? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I am coming up blank on the fiasco with Anthony Rizzo... I know he was given second base eligibility one year what platform and did it carry on to the next? Was this on both yahoo & ESPN? 

I think he qualified at 2b in all platforms that use the 10 game rule. He had exactly 10 games at 2b for that season. I know he did in cbs commissioner and yahoo. If I remember correct they made him use a regular glove on the shift many times. When that happened he was getting games at 2b I think.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/rizzoan01.shtml#all_appearances

Edited by FantasyGeek2018
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

I think he qualified at 2b in all platforms that use the 10 game rule. He had exactly 10 games at 2b for that season. I know he did in cbs commissioner and yahoo. If I remember correct they made him use a regular glove on the shift many times. When that happened he was getting games at 2b I think.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/rizzoan01.shtml#all_appearances

If I am not mistaken in 2018 only yahoo & otteneau gave Rizzo second base eligibility. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

If I am not mistaken in 2018 only yahoo & otteneau gave Rizzo second base eligibility. 

In my cbs keeper commissioner leagues he did also since anyone that plays 10 games that year qualifies there during that season and next. We set our own games played policies so use the 10 game rule.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

In my cbs keeper commissioner leagues he did also since anyone that plays 10 games that year qualifies there during that season and next. We set our own games played policies so use the 10 game rule.

Ugh ... so damn wrong having rizzo eligible at second. Kinda reminds me Taysom Hill having TE eligibility or Shoehei Othani being two players. A sticky that feels really slimy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was temporarily in a league where they had set the eligibility up so that A SINGLE start ANYTIME in their career at a specific position qualified the player for that position. 

Carlos Santana qualified at C (hasn't played there since 2014)  . It was pretty ridiculous.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Ugh ... so damn wrong having rizzo eligible at second. Kinda reminds me Taysom Hill having TE eligibility or Shoehei Othani being two players. A sticky that feels really slimy 

That was the scorekeepers' fault for Rizzo, not that of any platform. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...