NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo!, CBS, ESPN, Fantrax, etc..

On 1/17/2021 at 12:13 PM, enfuego360 said:

Any word out there when Yahoo and ESPN are going to open up this year?

Also, does anyone know around when Fantrax puts out their projections for the new season?

Thanks.

Fantrax projections came out tonight.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yahoo could/should have done a lot of things over the years.  They never do.  You'll enjoy life a lot more once you accept that it's a free platform that's worth every penny you pay for it.

Yahoo is so terrible. Cute to see people write so much to defend it. Enjoy. 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, charlesmvaron said:

I saw someone on Twitter posting a screenshot saying Yaboo will open next Thursday the 28th. I have no idea if it’s legit, but just thought I’d pass that info along. Anyone else hear anything?

Yesterday I saw Yahoo reply to a comment saying soon but couldn't commit to a date.

14 hours ago, charlesmvaron said:

I saw someone on Twitter posting a screenshot saying Yaboo will open next Thursday the 28th. I have no idea if it’s legit, but just thought I’d pass that info along. Anyone else hear anything?

Can you show/tell who tweeted that? Sounds fairly legit based on what I’ve heard.

Thanks 

10 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

Can you show/tell who tweeted that? Sounds fairly legit based on what I’ve heard.

Thanks 

Not sure if legit, but sounds like last week of January looks like a pretty good guess.

• Like 1
On 1/21/2021 at 8:19 AM, Flyman75 said:

I'd be all for Yahoo charging $100 a season for an upgraded package, as long as it included a way for keeper leagues to carry over NA players as keepers without having to shove them into the active roster at the outset of the season. Lol. My Yahoo league allows for two NA/MiLB keepers each year, and I have to go through each team and add them after the draft is over. But to do that, I have to first drop a player from each roster, add the NA players, put them in NA slots, and then add the dropped player. It's not hard, but it is a pain. Lol. 

I do this all predraft. You can put those players in place of their last picks. Just like w keepers. Takes me all of 15 minutes to enter 3 keepers per team and an NA keeper. Like you, I love Yahoo. 13 years as commish there for both baseball and football and it works well for a free service. 

Edited by MugsyBogues
29 minutes ago, charlesmvaron said:

Fantastic! Thank you for posting this.

My guess is 4pm EST. I believe that has always been the time Yahoo has opened.

Generally around 6pm eastern or so but earlier would be good!!

8 hours ago, MugsyBogues said:

I do this all predraft. You can put those players in place of their last picks. Just like w keepers. Takes me all of 15 minutes to enter 3 keepers per team and an NA keeper. Like you, I love Yahoo. 13 years as commish there for both baseball and football and it works well for a free service. 

We max out the Yahoo roster limit, so I can’t put NA keepers in the final two rounds of the draft. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, MugsyBogues said:

Well we can't keep 10 NA players on a maxed-out 30 man roster in full dynasty without having a separate spreadsheet to keep them through an off line draft.  Usually good teams only have one or two draft picks and even bad ones don't drop 10 players.  All leagues are different in other words.

We manage but it is a slough with volunteers texting and emailing members when they are next up in the draft and waiting for the spaced out guy -- there is always at least one in every league -- who messes around during his 3 hour window ignoring his pick.  And I always seem to be the one sitting behind that guy in the draft I swear. 

Well used to be three hours per pick.  It is down to one hour now with options to email the commish or anyone else your pick and alternates for your turn. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dan said:

I wonder if Yahoo is making any changes.

Pretty sure that Ohtani will still be two separate players...

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, posty said:

Pretty sure that Ohtani will still be two separate players...

Yeah, and some people still won't be able to handle it. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, charlesmvaron said:

Yahoo is open! Ended up renewing and getting threw at 6:00:10 and still didn't manage to pull down a double digit league id. I'm 241.

yep same story for me just a hair past 3 - 267 and 271.