NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo!, CBS, ESPN, Fantrax, etc..

Yahoo, you never disappoint in disappointing, haha.  Just a quick look only:

I see they opened it with the OLD through 2020 eligibilities.  Isiah Kiner-Falefa, who hasn't caught a game since 2019, still has catcher eligibility.  He caught zero games last year.    Catcher Austin Nola retains 1B and 3B from 2019 though, again, he played neither position in 2020.  Same story at other positions.  Thanks for making Dylan Moore eligible at 5 positions when he should only be eligible at 3.

There is an exception to just retaining the positions they had at the end of the year.  Luis Campusano, the call-up prospect catcher with SD came up and got injured in his first and only game in the majors and though catcher has ALWAYS been his position in professional baseball, he is now listed as UTIL only haha.  (I am sure there are others but this was just a quick look).

Also ... Hudson Head never got traded to the Pirates apparently as he is still with SD in Yahoo's mind.  And Tommy La Stella remains across the bay in Oakland.  Lance Lynn did make it to Chicago however.  And several other pitchers made their way to their new teams too including Jamison Taillon who was traded AFTER the Hudson Head trade.  Love how inconsistent their mistakes are.  No rhyme or reason for the way their mistakes happen.  Like Yahoo Guy got drunk and threw darts.

Same old same old.  Death, taxes and Yahoo never change.  I look forward to another season of love/hate relations with Yahoo.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yahoo could/should have done a lot of things over the years.  They never do.  You'll enjoy life a lot more once you accept that it's a free platform that's worth every penny you pay for it.

Yahoo is so terrible. Cute to see people write so much to defend it. Enjoy. 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yahoo, you never disappoint in disappointing, haha.  Just a quick look only:

I see they opened it with the OLD through 2020 eligibilities.  Isiah Kiner-Falefa, who hasn't caught a game since 2019, still has catcher eligibility.  He caught zero games last year.    Catcher Austin Nola retains 1B and 3B from 2019 though, again, he played neither position in 2020.  Same story at other positions.  Thanks for making Dylan Moore eligible at 5 positions when he should only be eligible at 3. 

. . . 

Here's some of the interesting eligibilities:

Ketel Marte Ari - 2B,SS,OF
Trey Mancini Bal - 1B,OF
Renato Núñez Bal - 1B,3B
Hanser Alberto Bal - 2B,3B
Kris Bryant ChC - 3B,OF
Ian Happ ChC - 2B,3B,OF
Mike Moustakas Cin - 1B,2B,3B
Garrett Hampson Col - 2B,SS,OF
Alex Bregman Hou - 3B,SS
Yuli Gurriel Hou - 1B,3B
Hunter Dozier KC - 1B,3B,OF
Joc Pederson LAD - 1B,OF
Brian Anderson Mia - 3B,OF
Jon Berti Mia - 2B,3B,SS,OF
Garrett Cooper Mia - 1B,OF
Miguel Sanó Min - 1B,3B
Gleyber Torres NYY - 2B,SS
Mark Canha Oak - 1B,OF
Jean Segura Phi - 2B,3B,SS
Scott Kingery Phi - 2B,3B,SS,OF
Colin Moran Pit - 1B,2B,3B
Manny Machado SD - 3B,SS
Wil Myers SD - 1B,OF
Austin Nola SD - C,1B,2B
Brandon Belt SF - 1B,OF
Donovan Solano SF - 2B,3B,SS
Austin Slater SF - 1B,OF
Dylan Moore Sea - 2B,3B,SS,OF
Ty France Sea - 2B,3B
Brandon Lowe TB - 1B,2B,OF
Nick Solak Tex - 2B,3B,OF
Isiah Kiner-Falefa Tex - C,3B,SS
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Tor - 1B,3B
Lourdes Gurriel Jr. Tor - 2B,OF

Edited by dan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

In Yahoo, what is the difference between Pre-Season rank and Current rank through the web based platform and Proj Rank and  Season rank in the app? 

If you look on the web based platform, a player's pre-season and current ranks are the same. But if you look on the app version, proj rank and season rank are different.

It appears Pre-Season, Current, and Season are all the same, but Proj rank is different. I would ask why they have different names for the web based platform and the app, but I'm sure there is absolutely no reason why.

Instead, I'll ask what is the difference between Pre-Season, Current, and Season (all the same) and Proj Rank?

Pre-Season rank and Current (web based) are as follows:

1. Acuna

2. Mookie

3. Soto

4. Tatis

5. Trout

6. Gerrit Cole

7. deGrom

8. Bieber

9. Treat Turner

10. Yelich

On the app:

Proj rank

1. Gerrit Cole

2. deGrom

3. Soto

4. Tatis

5. Freeman

6. Betts

7. Bieber

8. Acuna

9. Trout

10. Story

Season rank

1. Acuna

2. Betts

3. Soto

4. Tatis

5. Trout

6. Gerrit Cole

7. deGrom

8. Bieber

9. Trea Turner

10. Yelich

1 hour ago, charlesmvaron said:

In Yahoo, what is the difference between Pre-Season rank and Current rank through the web based platform and Proj Rank and  Season rank in the app? 

If you look on the web based platform, a player's pre-season and current ranks are the same. But if you look on the app version, proj rank and season rank are different.

It appears Pre-Season, Current, and Season are all the same, but Proj rank is different. I would ask why they have different names for the web based platform and the app, but I'm sure there is absolutely no reason why.

Instead, I'll ask what is the difference between Pre-Season, Current, and Season (all the same) and Proj Rank?

On th elaptop weirdly what I could see is that the Projected Rank has the Pre-Season Rank and the true "current rank" as in  how the player ended up at the end of 2020 on Yahoo.  Why under Projected is beyond me.  Usually the default (now 2020 still) My Team page has the Pre-Season and the "current rank" which was the end of 2020. 

And dan thanks for that list.  I'm in leagues that use LF, CF and RF instead of just OF so it gets even crazier thus Dylan Moore with 5 positions because of both LF and RF.  Instead of 2B, 3B, SS, LF, RF he should just have 2B, LF, RF. 

And yes I went through my dynasty leagues during the winter checking fielding position starts and appearance on Baseball Reference.  What was I suppose to do?  Watch Tiger King instead?  Oh wait, I was.  Damn.

9 hours ago, dan said:

Here's some of the interesting eligibilities:

Ketel Marte Ari - 2B,SS,OF
Trey Mancini Bal - 1B,OF
Renato Núñez Bal - 1B,3B
Hanser Alberto Bal - 2B,3B
Kris Bryant ChC - 3B,OF
Ian Happ ChC - 2B,3B,OF
Mike Moustakas Cin - 1B,2B,3B
Garrett Hampson Col - 2B,SS,OF
Alex Bregman Hou - 3B,SS
Yuli Gurriel Hou - 1B,3B
Hunter Dozier KC - 1B,3B,OF
Joc Pederson LAD - 1B,OF
Brian Anderson Mia - 3B,OF
Jon Berti Mia - 2B,3B,SS,OF
Garrett Cooper Mia - 1B,OF
Miguel Sanó Min - 1B,3B
Gleyber Torres NYY - 2B,SS
Mark Canha Oak - 1B,OF
Jean Segura Phi - 2B,3B,SS
Scott Kingery Phi - 2B,3B,SS,OF
Colin Moran Pit - 1B,2B,3B
Manny Machado SD - 3B,SS
Wil Myers SD - 1B,OF
Austin Nola SD - C,1B,2B
Brandon Belt SF - 1B,OF
Donovan Solano SF - 2B,3B,SS
Austin Slater SF - 1B,OF
Dylan Moore Sea - 2B,3B,SS,OF
Ty France Sea - 2B,3B
Brandon Lowe TB - 1B,2B,OF
Nick Solak Tex - 2B,3B,OF
Isiah Kiner-Falefa Tex - C,3B,SS
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Tor - 1B,3B
Lourdes Gurriel Jr. Tor - 2B,OF

So they are using 2019 plus 2020 eligibility?

Yahoo's eligibility is definitely reflective of 2019, from what I see, but their playoff week options are also all kinds of messed up. This is not a good start for them, as usual. Hoping to get some clarification from them asap.

• Like 1

I got a reply from Yahoo, but it, as is typical, doesn't make much sense...so I have asked a follow-up question and will update with whatever they come back with. Regarding 2021 position eligibility, they just told me the following: "batters and pitchers will NOT lose position eligibility gained from the 2019 season if they did not meet the required minimums during the shortened 2020 season."

To me, it seems as if they are sticking with giving position eligibility for those earned in 2019 even if the player did not qualify, based on their requirements, in 2020.

If they provide anything further, I will update here.

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

I got a reply from Yahoo, but it, as is typical, doesn't make much sense...so I have asked a follow-up question and will update with whatever they come back with. Regarding 2021 position eligibility, they just told me the following: "batters and pitchers will NOT lose position eligibility gained from the 2019 season if they did not meet the required minimums during the shortened 2020 season."

To me, it seems as if they are sticking with giving position eligibility for those earned in 2019 even if the player did not qualify, based on their requirements, in 2020.

Yahoo has some not so smart people working for them...someone on twitter named @kalidalaw (see his 'tweets and replies' for this) asked about position eligibility, too. they replied, and I quote, "players do not lose their eligibility from year to year. Once a position is obtained by a player, they typically do not lose that eligibility if they change positions later in their career."--- What a joke! lolll They are clueless and clearly don't care what their reps put out there, to represent their brand. SMH

Edited by WTP333
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

Yahoo has some not so smart people working for them...someone on twitter named @kalidalaw (see his 'tweets and replies for this) asked about position eligibility, too. they replied, and I quote, "players do not lose their eligibility from year to year. Once a position is obtained by a player, they typically do not lose that eligibility if they change positions later in their career."--- What a joke! lolll They are clueless and clearly don't care what their reps put out there, to represent their brand. SMH

What he said isn't true. Players have lost eligibility at a position in the past.

It seems Yahoo wasn't sure how to handle this because of the shortened season

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

Yahoo has some not so smart people working for them...someone on twitter named @kalidalaw (see his 'tweets and replies' for this) asked about position eligibility, too. they replied, and I quote, "players do not lose their eligibility from year to year. Once a position is obtained by a player, they typically do not lose that eligibility if they change positions later in their career."--- What a joke! lolll They are clueless and clearly don't care what their reps put out there, to represent their brand. SMH

Dooooo they think we all had our minds erased, Men In Black style?  Ha.  I get why they are making the choice they seem to be making in terms of positional eligibility (taking the easiest/simplest for them to execute is in line with their track record).  But lying to us about the way they've handled eligilibility in the past is pretty funny/ridiculous.  

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, WTP333 said:

Got another (direct) reply, via DM, from one of their product managers...."for position eligibility, we are carrying over what was earned in 2019 if the player didnt earn it in 2020."...so, yeah, doesn't seem like they'll be adjusting anything further...and what is showing now, position-wise, will remain for the 2021 season. 

As far as playoffs, they are 'looking into it'...if anyone is interested in that.

• Thanks 1

Yahoo! announced the ridiculous eligibility stuff on their site now:

What's New for Fantasy Baseball '21

• Updated scoring setting for points-based leagues

• Updated points-only and head-to-head points league scoring to better balance hitting and pitching.
  • Position Eligibility

• Batters and pitchers will not lose positional eligibility gained from the 2019 season, even if they didn’t meet the required minimums during the shortened 2020 season.
  • Play Yahoo Cup

• Yahoo Cup: A weekly Daily Fantasy contest with cash prizes for the best scores each week and over the full season.
  • Public/Private Prize Leagues (formerly Pro/Cash Leagues) are coming soon!

• Play Yahoo Fantasy Baseball for cash prizes.
  • More to come

• Stay tuned. We will be rolling out more good stuff heading into the start of the season.

Probably a dumb question but havent heard back from Yahoo yet.... Is every Yahoo league open? meaning: Have all Commish invites gone out? 

One league I'm in the Commish started the league for this season...another I'm in in which I'm a Commish I've yet to receive the email to launch yet for this season..

45 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

Yahoo! announced the ridiculous eligibility stuff on their site now:

What's New for Fantasy Baseball '21

•  
    Position Eligibility
  •  
    • Batters and pitchers will not lose positional eligibility gained from the 2019 season, even if they didn’t meet the required minimums during the shortened 2020 season.
  • More to come
  •  
    • Stay tuned. We will be rolling out more good stuff heading into the start of the season.

LOL!  And to think I was going to cut Ranger's Isiah Kiner-Falafa from a dynasty team.  Now I have a full time shortstop playing catcher for me all season long.  And his back-up is the real catcher now on that same team, Sam Huff.

Crazy stuff.  I suddenly went up to 5 players now eligible at shortstop on two separate dynasty teams.

Can't wait to "stay tuned" for more "good stuff".

When I wanted to stop the football tips thing they pushed through email last fall I got a really snotty email from someone saying that everyone else loved the feature and I must basically be lame for not wanting it.  They identified themselves as NOT in the fantasy sports dept but a self-proclaimed "hard news" Yahoo reporter.  What is going on?  They have a so-called reporter writing emails for the fantasy sports dept there?  LOL!

3 minutes ago, Strikeforce316 said:

Probably a dumb question but havent heard back from Yahoo yet.... Is every Yahoo league open? meaning: Have all Commish invites gone out? 

One league I'm in the Commish started the league for this season...another I'm in in which I'm a Commish I've yet to receive the email to launch yet for this season..

Did you go to Yahoo Baseball Overview and see if your team is listed there?  That is where you open it at I believe.  Not sure since I got out of the commish business 2 years back.

• Haha 1

Yahoo is lazy, but sometimes the lazy thing is also the right thing.  2020 was its own weird entity that we should want  to have as little impact on the fantasy game in 2021 as possible.  Pro-rating positional thresholds doesn't address all of the ways in which a shortened season made things weird.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Yahoo is lazy, but sometimes the lazy thing is also the right thing.  2020 was its own weird entity that we should want  to have as little impact on the fantasy game in 2021 as possible.  Pro-rating positional thresholds doesn't address all of the ways in which a shortened season made things weird.

I hear that, but they could/should have announced it prior to the release date. Many leagues (some big money leagues) are affected via trades that were made for players who now have eligibility that they should not have. If they knew this was happening for 2021, they could have at least made an announcement closer to the end of last season/over the course of the winter.

13 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

hear that, but they could/should have announced it prior to the release date.

Yahoo could/should have done a lot of things over the years.  They never do.  You'll enjoy life a lot more once you accept that it's a free platform that's worth every penny you pay for it.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, tonycpsu said:

My life is great! Yahoo does not affect it in any negative way 😉

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Strikeforce316 said:

That's up to the commish of the league to do. You can go to Yahoo Sports, then Fantasy Baseball, and click on 'Send Reminder' next to the league name.

5 hours ago, WTP333 said:

I believe they said this before the season last year...

• Like 1