Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo!, CBS, ESPN, Fantrax, etc..


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Yahoo is so terrible. Cute to see people write so much to defend it. Enjoy. 

By far the best free platform for simple redraft leagues. Not good for dynasty/keeper leagues. Its as if Yahoo doesn't understand the concept of keeper/auction leagues and what it takes to manage them. They are the oldest platform, you would think they'd be ahead of all in all facets of fantasy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yahoo could/should have done a lot of things over the years.  They never do.  You'll enjoy life a lot more once you accept that it's a free platform that's worth every penny you pay for it.

Yahoo is so terrible. Cute to see people write so much to defend it. Enjoy. 

Posted Images

13 hours ago, justkash said:

Anybody else who is on Fantrax is having issues with player positions for this upcoming year.    Some of them are are from like 2 years ago.   I have contacted Fantrax about this and their response was......

Position updates can come at anytime, but generally no positions would be taken away at this point, only added to. Unless there is an obvious change that needs to be made, such as Hudson and Means, which we have updated.
 
This is after I told them about Dakota Hudson and John Means which still had a RP eligibility.    Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue and what they are doing about it.  
 

Yes. You have to uncheck a box. Go to the rosters tab in the league setup and go to the preferences tab. under the position eligibility drop down menus, you will find a check box for "Use Fantrax's default position(s) in addition to any position(s) a player qualifies for based on above criteria:" Uncheck that box. For some reason Fantrax default positions are using 2019 game data as you mentioned above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Yahoo is so terrible. Cute to see people write so much to defend it. Enjoy. 

You get what you pay for. They are fine as a free platform for mostly standard leagues. No reason to pay up or use other platforms if that fits your league description. If it doesn't, then I agree Yahoo is not great and you will need to pay.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

You get what you pay for. They are fine as a free platform for mostly standard leagues. No reason to pay up or use other platforms if that fits your league description. If it doesn't, then I agree Yahoo is not great and you will need to pay.


Yep

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. CBS - By far the best if you don't mind paying $150.  Commissioners actually have full control of their leagues in most cases and don't rely on support from the site to make changes for other teams.  Never actually LM'd a league on CBS for baseball but if it's anything like football then there is no comparison with the other sites.  

2. Yahoo - Moving my leagues over to Yahoo this year after 15 years on ESPN.  From reading the comments I figured it wasn't perfect but it can't be any worse then ESPN at this point.  I've also had some good luck the last 2 years (minus last season due to covid) with their custom money leagues. 

3. Fantrax - I never really gave it a fair shot because my eyes were bleeding from trying to figure out how to operate the team and league pages.  This was like 2 years ago so it may have improved but I know when we tried that site we ended up moving back to ESPN from all the complaints.  

4. ESPN - So long!!!!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, knifeparty said:

1. CBS - By far the best if you don't mind paying $150.  Commissioners actually have full control of their leagues in most cases and don't rely on support from the site to make changes for other teams.  Never actually LM'd a league on CBS for baseball but if it's anything like football then there is no comparison with the other sites.  

2. Yahoo - Moving my leagues over to Yahoo this year after 15 years on ESPN.  From reading the comments I figured it wasn't perfect but it can't be any worse then ESPN at this point.  I've also had some good luck the last 2 years (minus last season due to covid) with their custom money leagues. 

3. Fantrax - I never really gave it a fair shot because my eyes were bleeding from trying to figure out how to operate the team and league pages.  This was like 2 years ago so it may have improved but I know when we tried that site we ended up moving back to ESPN from all the complaints.  

4. ESPN - So long!!!!  

Fair assessment. Our league was going to move to CBS a few years ago but at the time they locked rosters after the start of 1st game. That was a showstopper for us. I believe they have since fixed that to locking at start of each game.  Only other site I can give some insight into is OnRoto which was great from a commissioner standpoint, as its very customizable, but the interface and lack of app needed a lot of work. Not very user friendly coming from Yahoo.

Edited by duke of queens
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, knifeparty said:

1. CBS - By far the best if you don't mind paying $150.  Commissioners actually have full control of their leagues in most cases and don't rely on support from the site to make changes for other teams.  Never actually LM'd a league on CBS for baseball but if it's anything like football then there is no comparison with the other sites.  

2. Yahoo - Moving my leagues over to Yahoo this year after 15 years on ESPN.  From reading the comments I figured it wasn't perfect but it can't be any worse then ESPN at this point.  I've also had some good luck the last 2 years (minus last season due to covid) with their custom money leagues. 

3. Fantrax - I never really gave it a fair shot because my eyes were bleeding from trying to figure out how to operate the team and league pages.  This was like 2 years ago so it may have improved but I know when we tried that site we ended up moving back to ESPN from all the complaints.  

4. ESPN - So long!!!!  

I definitely agree CBS is the best. 
 

Yahoo & ESPN are exactly the same both have flaws. 
 

I will agree with your assessment of fantrax. I tried baseball & football I am lost. One LM money league moved all his leagues there so I am in for another try. 
 

Have you ever tried fleaflicker? Easy simple ... I am really liking fleaflicker, now if I could get a few ESPN LMs to consider flea .... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

I definitely agree CBS is the best. 
 

Yahoo & ESPN are exactly the same both have flaws. 
 

I will agree with your assessment of fantrax. I tried baseball & football I am lost. One LM money league moved all his leagues there so I am in for another try. 
 

Have you ever tried fleaflicker? Easy simple ... I am really liking fleaflicker, now if I could get a few ESPN LMs to consider flea .... 

What's fleaflicker cost?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, duke of queens said:

Fair assessment. Our league was going to move to CBS a few years ago but at the time they locked rosters after the start of 1st game. That was a showstopper for us. I believe they have since fixed that to locking at start of each game.  Only other site I can give some insight into is OnRoto which was great from a commissioner standpoint, as its very customizable, but the interface and lack of app needed a lot of work. Not very user friendly coming from Yahoo.

That was your commissioner using the wrong settings on cbs. I have been using commissioner on cbs for 20 years and you could have it lock after first game of the day or 5 minutes before each game starts. CBS is by far the best site. I like Yahoo for free leagues the best. For my keeper leagues we use cbs year round. The day the regular season ends we open up trading for the next year the next day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

That was your commissioner using the wrong settings on cbs. I have been using commissioner on cbs for 20 years and you could have it lock after first game of the day or 5 minutes before each game starts. CBS is by far the best site. I like Yahoo for free leagues the best. For my keeper leagues we use cbs year round. The day the regular season ends we open up trading for the next year the next day.

Yeah it was not a commissioner just someone with bad jnfo. By the way, how is the CBS app. I've used then for survivor pools and ncaa tourny and its not the greatest. Wondering how baseball is as far as perfomance and if it replicates the desktop site.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Yeah it was not a commissioner just someone with bad jnfo. By the way, how is the CBS app. I've used then for survivor pools and ncaa tourny and its not the greatest. Wondering how baseball is as far as perfomance and if it replicates the desktop site.

Idk about the current version of the CBS app, but it used to be really bad years ago. Uninstalled it and just use the internet browser on my phone to bring up the CBS desktop page and it works awesome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Yeah it was not a commissioner just someone with bad jnfo. By the way, how is the CBS app. I've used then for survivor pools and ncaa tourny and its not the greatest. Wondering how baseball is as far as perfomance and if it replicates the desktop site.

I am not a fan of apps so don't use cbs app. I have it so I just get notifications, trades, etc...But never open the app. I have my phone linked with my PC so use all regular websites over apps for most things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoundMaster said:

does CBS still only accomodate weekly leagues?   

Never did. Atleast not the past 20 years I have used it for my leagues. I hate the 150 fee but spread out over 10-12 teams it is nothing for the best site that stays open year round

Edited by FantasyGeek2018
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Have you ever tried fleaflicker? Easy simple ... I am really liking fleaflicker, now if I could get a few ESPN LMs to consider flea ...

I forgot all about fleaflicker.  Probably was the first site I ever used to play fantasy sports back when I was just starting out.  Never really gave it much thought but will have to go check it out.  

Edited by knifeparty
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

not sure if this has been asked, but in yahoo fantasy baseball when signing up, is salary cap the same as what was known as auction?

Yes - they are trying to be more inclusive, replacing auction with salary cap, free agent acquisition budget with free agent budget.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

not sure if this has been asked, but in yahoo fantasy baseball when signing up, is salary cap the same as what was known as auction?

 

 

 

Yes. It is more politically correct. CBS podcast will mention FKA (formerly known as) auction but the first time I heard a podcast talk salary cap was this past summer like right after they made the switch before football I was like I had never heard of this format in my 20 or so years of playing and stopped listening to the podcast later to find out that it is just the new term for what we know as a auction.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...