NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo!, CBS, ESPN, Fantrax, etc..

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yahoo could/should have done a lot of things over the years.  They never do.  You'll enjoy life a lot more once you accept that it's a free platform that's worth every penny you pay for it.

Yahoo is so terrible. Cute to see people write so much to defend it. Enjoy. 

Posted Images

On 1/28/2021 at 10:43 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Isiah Kiner-Falefa, who hasn't caught a game since 2019, still has catcher eligibility.  He caught zero games last year.    Catcher Austin Nola retains 1B and 3B from 2019 though, again, he played neither position in 2020.  Same story at other positions.  Thanks for making Dylan Moore eligible at 5 positions when he should only be eligible at 3.

ESPN knows how to get eligibility right. Yahoooo eligibility is a joke. 

Isiah Kiner Falefa Tex 3B SS 

Austin Nola SD C 

Dylan Moore Mariners 2B OF 

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Austin Nola SD C 

Jealous, are you?  Hah. You do know that Yahoo isn't the only platform doing this if you read the posts above.  I forget whether it was a CBS or Fantrax user but they said they were also using the eligibilities for players at the end of 2020 as well.  Oh well, ESPN has become a bit of a joke according to a number of former loyal users posting here.  And this year they are the last to open by a mile so it looks like their rep remains low again this year.  But to each their own.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Jealous, are you?  Hah. You do know that Yahoo isn't the only platform doing this if you read the posts above.  I forget whether it was a CBS or Fantrax user but they said they were also using the eligibilities for players at the end of 2020 as well.  Oh well, ESPN has become a bit of a joke according to a number of former loyal users posting here.  And this year they are the last to open by a mile so it looks like their rep remains low again this year.  But to each their own.

There is no reason why I would be jealous.  I know for a fact Isiah Kiner Falefa does not have catcher eligibility on fantrax & fleaflicker, I just don’t think CBS would let that happen. We all can find flaws in every platform but you wrote that Yahoo eligibility in 2021 is a joke. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

There is no reason why I would be jealous.  I know for a fact Isiah Kiner Falefa does not have catcher eligibility on fantrax & fleaflicker, I just don’t think CBS would let that happen. We all can find flaws in every platform but you wrote that Yahoo eligibility in 2021 is a joke. 

I'm fickle.  🙃  I also like to pull your chain.  😏

In both Fantrax free and pay leagues you can set your own eligibility requirements.  My home league went from a twenty game requirement in 2020 to a ten this year to make up for the shortened season.

Edited by damana
4 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Austin Nola SD C 

I will give them credit their eligibility is better then most sites but everything else is crap.  Miss the days of the message boards and great competitive leagues opening up daily.  ESPN has literally gone backwards in almost everything over the last 5 years.  

• Like 1

Positions work itself out.  If a guy deserves eligibility at his position, it's because he plays there, and if he plays there, he'll get it.

The only time eligibility is a problem is if a platform is giving it too loosely and players don't end up playing there at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Ray Zorback said:

Maybe we could update eligibility every 60 games 

A lot of leagues do update eligibility.  In season eligibility gains are a part of every league I play in.

• Thanks 1

Why oh why do sites not have MAX games started per week for H2H leagues?  I'm over here crapping on ESPN and I think they are the only ones that offer the setting from what I have seen so far.  It's not rocket science that in H2H leagues you set a MAX GS limit to avoid people spamming SP.  I guess the only way to get around it is limiting the weekly add/drops but that is a little weak IMO.

13 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

Why oh why do sites not have MAX games started per week for H2H leagues?  I'm over here crapping on ESPN and I think they are the only ones that offer the setting from what I have seen so far.  It's not rocket science that in H2H leagues you set a MAX GS limit to avoid people spamming SP.  I guess the only way to get around it is limiting the weekly add/drops but that is a little weak IMO.

Or set an IP min and max.

• Like 1

Every year this is a debate because there's nothing else to discuss at the time. 

None of the platforms GAS whether you're fine w/their eligibilities or not - so this is a senseless discussion imo. 

Draft accordingly - that's it.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, B_M_Inc said:

Or set an IP min and max.

No option for max IP just min.  The problem with just having minimum IP is you are only restricting one strategy and that's the owners that try to win ERA and WHIP by keeping their starts to a minimum.  Obviously this can backfire just like starting 500 pitchers a week can but the people that just constantly stream SP will most likely have more K's and W's at the end of the week.  I don't see the issue with them just adding a max IP or GS limit for H2H.  They have the option for MAX IP for ROTO why not H2H?  By they I mean Yahoo.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ray Zorback said:

Maybe we could update eligibility every 60 games 

Once you reach the rules limits in leagues it does update. My leagues use 10 games. If thy reach 10 games that year you gain that position also for the rest of the season and next year.

1 hour ago, knifeparty said:

No option for max IP just min.  The problem with just having minimum IP is you are only restricting one strategy and that's the owners that try to win ERA and WHIP by keeping their starts to a minimum.  Obviously this can backfire just like starting 500 pitchers a week can but the people that just constantly stream SP will most likely have more K's and W's at the end of the week.  I don't see the issue with them just adding a max IP or GS limit for H2H.  They have the option for MAX IP for ROTO why not H2H?  By they I mean Yahoo.

I understand what you and @B_M_Inc are saying but disagree. 

In a typical 12-team league you have numerous strategies being used. Depending on whom you're playing from week to week you may need to beef up your pitching staff from time to time. Scoffing at the IP cat can actually work - while it could work against you in other matchups. 

Setting a max IP is the same arbitrary measure you complain about on the other side imo. 

Bottom line to me: be as minimally-restrictive as possible, while also placing a bare minimum of participation (i.e. MIN IP) to make owners actually have to make some effort to compete.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 2

Is there a way with the free version of Fantrax to import a league from ESPN?  It seems to be a premium function for fantrax. I was hoping it could pull the players and settings from ESPN to fantrax. I cant find a good answer.

Thanks!