NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo!, CBS, ESPN, Fantrax, etc..

Everyone knows you can gain eligibility in season. My point is why lose it based on only 60 games? On top of that, those 60 games were played with different rules. They had expanded rosters and the ability to call up/send down players more freely. Managers didn't have to use a player's flexibility like they would have in a normal year. ...and it was ONLY 60 GAMES.

• Like 2
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yahoo could/should have done a lot of things over the years.  They never do.  You'll enjoy life a lot more once you accept that it's a free platform that's worth every penny you pay for it.

Yahoo is so terrible. Cute to see people write so much to defend it. Enjoy. 

Posted Images

I'm having to replace an owner for the first time in a few years in one of my leagues. I removed the owner of the orphaned team, and am trying to send an invite to my new owner's email address, but he keeps getting an error message and cannot join. Has anyone ever experienced this? Can I just delete the team and add a 12th team back to the league?? This is pretty frustrating. 

The error message reads, "Your invitation to that league no longer appears to be valid. Please contact your commissioner (400)." He literally tried to join 5 minutes after I sent the invite. I don't know what in the world is going on. Help? 

26 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Chatted with a Yahoo guy, and I think we found the problem. Hopefully. 

Which was?  Just in case if others have the same issue...

3 minutes ago, posty said:

Which was?  Just in case if others have the same issue...

He tried joining on the app rather than the browser. He hasn't tried to join via the browser yet, so I'm not 100% sure that's the issue yet. 

• Like 1

I've been the commish of a Yahoo baseball league since 2004.  We didn't play in 2019.  We are playing again this year, but I can not find an option to renew anywhere.  Not sure if it's related to us not playing in '19, and customer service reps are no help.

Anyone else run into this issue?  I'd hate to have to start from scratch.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Beakman said:

I've been the commish of a Yahoo baseball league since 2004.  We didn't play in 2019.  We are playing again this year, but I can not find an option to renew anywhere.  Not sure if it's related to us not playing in '19, and customer service reps are no help.

I think you are going to be SOL...  They had leagues last year so when you renew, you can only renew from the previous season...

2 hours ago, Beakman said:

I think you mean you didn't play last season which was 2020.  Anyway you should have renewed last year then just let the teams set their and not re-drafted and you would have been safe.  Or drafted and everyone move their players down to the bench slots.  Now it doesn't look good.

If Yahoo can't resurrect it, and it sounds doubtful, you could do this.  Start new league and send out invites to old owners.  Their emails are still there under League > Managers under My Profile > History.  If it is a dynasty you can go into your profile and pull up the rosters for each team in League > Rosters (History again) and add players manually.

Just never ever NOT renew a league even if you don't intend to play that year.  I hope Yahoo can help you but I don't blame Yahoo if they can't help you.  You abandoned the league as far as their software is concerned and the league number ID would have gone back in the pool and been given out to some other league that formed in 2020.

3 hours ago, Beakman said:

Reach out to @YahooFantasyCareCC on Twitter. Other people have done so and they asked them for their 2019 league ID. Not sure what happened after but its worth a shot.

• Thanks 1
On 2/17/2021 at 8:34 AM, Beakman said:

Solution bolded.

On 2/17/2021 at 11:48 AM, duke of queens said:

Reach out to @YahooFantasyCareCC on Twitter. Other people have done so and they asked them for their 2019 league ID. Not sure what happened after but its worth a shot.

Yeah there is an outside shot this happens. But they're not going to be in any kind of hurry.

12 Year Yahoo! Commish, we decided not to play in 2020 and now we have no option to renew.  Even though i asked Yahoo this last summer.  While I am not happy, I do understand.  I am very organized and have the draft order - with trades saved as well as the final rosters all on google docs.

Since we have to start from scratch, any feedback on another site to host a free league?  Not necessarily looking to leave Yahoo, but I figured I'd look around.  Like I said in my email to the league - Yahoo has always been solid - has it's issues time to time, but solid.

• Need an option for Minor League slots (Yahoo calls them NA)
    • It appears that ESPN does not offer this
  • Need 12 Teams
    • It appears that CBS only offers 10 team leagues for free 

Any feedback on the above?  If I am indeed correct about the above, it looks like I will have to go back to Yahoo - which does have one perk - i can at least import the league history.

Thank you in advance!

6 hours ago, rcmets33 said:

12 Year Yahoo! Commish, we decided not to play in 2020 and now we have no option to renew.  Even though i asked Yahoo this last summer.  While I am not happy, I do understand.  I am very organized and have the draft order - with trades saved as well as the final rosters all on google docs.

Since we have to start from scratch, any feedback on another site to host a free league?  Not necessarily looking to leave Yahoo, but I figured I'd look around.  Like I said in my email to the league - Yahoo has always been solid - has it's issues time to time, but solid.

• Need 12 Teams

Any feedback on the above?  If I am indeed correct about the above, it looks like I will have to go back to Yahoo - which does have one perk - i can at least import the league history.

Thank you in advance!

Fantrax can do all of the above for your league

8 hours ago, rcmets33 said:

• Need 12 Teams

Thank you in advance!

From Yahoo. Not sure if you tried this:

Yes, you can use the steps here to renew: https://t.co/fvDHEKTRAc

If your league renewed in 2020 but didn't draft, please provide your 2019 league ID so our engineering team can manually fix it for you.

• Like 2

have played all major platforms.

cbs - too pricy for paid option. good database. ok ui/ux
espn - weak on player database, good ui/ux

yahoo - weak on player database, position eligibility is usually too liberal. good ui/ux. Stick to fantasy football/basketball/hockey with them.

fantrax - strongest player data base, best customization, free + paid options, paid cheaper than cbs, free still has good customization. Weaker ui/ux but best platform anyways by a mile, plus you'll learn it and it's not so bad.

fleaflicker - garbage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

have played all major platforms.

cbs - too pricy for paid option. good database. ok ui/ux
espn - weak on player database, good ui/ux

yahoo - weak on player database, position eligibility is usually too liberal. good ui/ux. Stick to fantasy football/basketball/hockey with them.

fantrax - strongest player data base, best customization, free + paid options, paid cheaper than cbs, free still has good customization. Weaker ui/ux but best platform anyways by a mile, plus you'll learn it and it's not so bad.

fleaflicker - garbage.

Has Fantrax’s interface gotten any better? Played one league on it in 2018 with a few owners from the Yahoo league I’ve run for 10 years, and we all hated it. Might be because we’re used to Yahoo, but we just weren’t fans. If you’re wanting a ton of customization, sure. But if you’re just running a typical 5x5 or h2h league, I wouldn’t say it’s the best by a mile. 

It probably has a lot to do with what you’re used to. I’m in a CBS keeper league that uses their paid service, and I loathe it, lol. But the guys who have done CBS for years love it. 

Edited by Flyman75
24 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Has Fantrax’s interface gotten any better? Played one league on it in 2018 with a few owners from the Yahoo league I’ve run for 10 years, and we all hated it. Might be because we’re used to Yahoo, but we just weren’t fans. If you’re wanting a ton of customization, sure. But if you’re just running a typical 5x5 or h2h league, I wouldn’t say it’s the best by a mile. 

It probably has a lot to do with what you’re used to. I’m in a CBS keeper league that uses their paid service, and I loathe it, lol. But the guys who have done CBS for years love it. 

if you're doing a casual 10 or 12 team redraft league, you can get away with the other guys. But if you're playing keeper and dynasty leagues, just bite the bullet and learn and get used to fantrax...it's really worth it. I used to do espn + spreadsheets for a dynasty league (because the database is so weak, lol), but you will still be really frustrated when a guy gets called up to play and espn doesn't add them to their database for days even though the guy is playing.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

if you're doing a casual 10 or 12 team redraft league, you can get away with the other guys. But if you're playing keeper and dynasty leagues, just bite the bullet and learn and get used to fantrax...it's really worth it. I used to do espn + spreadsheets for a dynasty league (because the database is so weak, lol), but you will still be really frustrated when a guy gets called up to play and espn doesn't add them to their database for days even though the guy is playing.

Been running a keeper league in Yahoo, going into our 11th season, and we’re happy with it. I don’t want to have to learn an interface I don’t like and make my league do the same. Like I said, some of us tried it and none liked it. So making the league move would seem counterproductive when Yahoo has done everything we need or want. I’m sure there are great parts to Fantrax and it seems to be well-respected, but it isn’t for us. Different strokes and all that. 

• Like 1
On 2/19/2021 at 1:47 PM, fawkes_mulder said:

We "get away with it" just fine in our three 16 team full dynasties on Yahoo.  Yeah we use spread sheets until the off line draft is over but that is part of the fun I found.  Owners really get into it when you have to work a bit especially the type of owners that STAY year after year.  This year there was not one single drop out in any of our 3 leagues.  0 out of 36.  Not a bad turnout.

• Like 2
On 2/19/2021 at 1:47 PM, fawkes_mulder said:

if you're doing a casual 10 or 12 team redraft league, you can get away with the other guys. But if you're playing keeper and dynasty leagues, just bite the bullet and learn and get used to fantrax...

Rather than customers biting the bullet and accepting relative weaknesses in a product, I kinda wish Fantrax would bite the bullet and improve its interface...

• Like 4
On 2/17/2021 at 2:48 PM, duke of queens said:

It worked!!  The help on yahoo site was not successful, but once I DM'd them on Twitter, they took care of it within a day  Thanks for your help!!

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Grinner said:

Rather than customers biting the bullet and accepting relative weaknesses in a product, I kinda wish Fantrax would bite the bullet and improve its interface...

Fully agree. Love the deep prospect universe and other features Fantrax offers but the interface is so painful to look at and use. 

• Like 2