Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo!, CBS, ESPN, Fantrax, etc..


Recommended Posts

On 2/19/2021 at 3:20 PM, Ray Zorback said:

Has anyone seen a date for yahoo's prize (pro) leagues? All I have seen is 'coming soon'.

Was wondering the same thing, anyone have any info 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yahoo could/should have done a lot of things over the years.  They never do.  You'll enjoy life a lot more once you accept that it's a free platform that's worth every penny you pay for it.

Yahoo is so terrible. Cute to see people write so much to defend it. Enjoy. 

Posted Images

On 2/21/2021 at 8:17 AM, Grinner said:

Rather than customers biting the bullet and accepting relative weaknesses in a product, I kinda wish Fantrax would bite the bullet and improve its interface...

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Why should leagues have to "bite the bullet"? If Fantrax wants to attract more traffic to their fantasy site, then they need to bite the bullet and make changes, not the other way around. They're trying to attract leagues, not leagues trying to attract Fantrax...backwards. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Why should leagues have to "bite the bullet"? If Fantrax wants to attract more traffic to their fantasy site, then they need to bite the bullet and make changes, not the other way around. They're trying to attract leagues, not leagues trying to attract Fantrax...backwards. 

I also agree with this concept, however I have very little problem with the Fantrax interface.  Their mobile app could use some work but I find the customization options and the ability to do almost whatever you want with your league far outweighs any interface issues I have.  My league also has a few members who don't mix with technology and all managed to figure out and even enjoy the website.  I could never go back to Yahoo and before that All-star stats (Blech). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, damana said:

I also agree with this concept, however I have very little problem with the Fantrax interface.  Their mobile app could use some work but I find the customization options and the ability to do almost whatever you want with your league far outweighs any interface issues I have.  My league also has a few members who don't mix with technology and all managed to figure out and even enjoy the website.  I could never go back to Yahoo and before that All-star stats (Blech). 

It doesn’t have anything to do with the technology or figuring out how to manage the website. Not sure why you thought that was a thing. We didn’t like the layout or design and found it far clunkier than Yahoo and even CBS. The customization options just aren’t enough for me to deal with an interface I simply don’t like. Yahoo does everything we need just fine. And when me and about half my owners try it and don’t it, I’m not going to bring my league to it. 

But again, that was a few years ago, so maybe things are better now. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

FanTrax is elite.

Yahoo is good if you are just an average joe playing general fantasy baseball. Y! does a fantastic job at that.

But FanTrax is where dynasty and keeper leagues should be played. Does such a better job with everything that really matters.

As a Y! Player for well over 8-10 years, I'm so happy to have started my dynasty leagues on FanTrax. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Can't take a website seriously unable to make Ohtani 1 player 4 years in. 

Hey maybe he really is two players and you haven't caught on yet.  😉

33 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

FanTrax is elite.

Yahoo is good if you are just an average joe playing general fantasy baseball. Y! does a fantastic job at that.

But FanTrax is where dynasty and keeper leagues should be played. Does such a better job with everything that really matters.

Thanks for calling us Yahoo users "average Joes."  Nice of you "elitests" to notice us "little guys."

In the meantime I do like your statement "Yahoo is where dynasty and keeper leagues should be played. Does such a better job with everything that really matters" despite your typo about something starting with Fan-something at the beginning of the sentence we knew you really meant Yahoo.  😂

Look I'm glad you like what you like but no reason to assume the rest of us that like something other than your current platform are hicks from the sticks that don't take or play dynasty very seriously.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

But again, that was a few years ago, so maybe things are better now. 

They have revamped the interface in the last couple of years.  Maybe you'd like it more now.  I know you can start a free league and test it out if you feel so inclined.  And I wasn't implying that you had technical issues, just relaying that there was some pushback when we first went over that has now turned into a website we all enjoy.

Edited by damana
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrypTviLL said:

FanTrax is elite.

Yahoo is good if you are just an average joe playing general fantasy baseball. Y! does a fantastic job at that.

But FanTrax is where dynasty and keeper leagues should be played. Does such a better job with everything that really matters.

As a Y! Player for well over 8-10 years, I'm so happy to have started my dynasty leagues on FanTrax. 

 

Yep spot on

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

People hate change. I hated fantrax and didn’t want to learn the new ui/ux in the beginning when we merged over. I was fine with dealing with spreadsheets and weak database. But from personal experience it is worth being thrown in the deep end and griping about things for a couple weeks.
 

Do what you gotta do, def not looking down on people using other platforms for their dynasties. Just think being open to change is a good idea.

Edited by fawkes_mulder
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

FanTrax is elite.

Yahoo is good if you are just an average joe playing general fantasy baseball. Y! does a fantastic job at that.

But FanTrax is where dynasty and keeper leagues should be played. Does such a better job with everything that really matters.

As a Y! Player for well over 8-10 years, I'm so happy to have started my dynasty leagues on FanTrax. 

 

Not only is all of the above spot on but they have outstanding customer service.  Every time that I've sent them a question I get a reply within 24 hours and the reply has always resolved my issue.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

People hate change. I hated fantrax and didn’t want to learn the new ui/ux in the beginning when we merged over. I was fine with dealing with spreadsheets and weak database. But from personal experience it is worth being thrown in the deep end and griping about things for a couple weeks.
 

Do what you gotta do, def not looking down on people using other platforms for their dynasties. Just think being open to change is a good idea.

Being open to change is great, but getting 12+ people to agree to make even the smallest changes is a gigantic pain; no chance I'd try to move platforms. If we were starting over, I'd be happy to give Fantrax a shot, but if you have a long-surviving dynasty league, you learn not to rock the boat too much.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Can't take a website seriously unable to make Ohtani 1 player 4 years in. 

They said that they were going to do this from day one...  It won't change...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

pathetic company

Not disagreeing with you, but to change it now would give them even more backlash IMO...  Can't imagine the headaches in keeper leagues that would then be blamed on Yahoo for splitting them up in the first place, when most leagues should have the by-laws stating what would happen if said player was no longer a "batter" and "pitcher"...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, posty said:

Not disagreeing with you, but to change it now would give them even more backlash IMO...  Can't imagine the headaches in keeper leagues that would then be blamed on Yahoo for splitting them up in the first place, when most leagues should have the by-laws stating what would happen if said player was no longer a "batter" and "pitcher"...

Yeah while that may screw over some people, It's a small amount.  One of the Ohtanis will be worthless so anyway screwing over whoever chose the wrong half soon enough.

 

No different than people trading away Kyle Schwarber because he lost catcher eligibility only for yahoo to make up rules and give it to him anyway.  Screwed people too.

It's a clown platform, the Ohtani thing is merely the red nose on top to remind anyone with vision. I'm not expecting them to change it, just laughing at it.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Yeah while that may screw over some people, It's a small amount.  One of the Ohtanis will be worthless so anyway screwing over whoever chose the wrong half soon enough. Most people overwhelmingly would want that.  Don't see how it's different than people trading away Kyle Schwarber because he lost catcher eligibility only for yahoo to make up rules and give it to him anyway. 

It's a clown platform, the Ohtani thing is merely the red nose on top to remind anyone with vision. I'm not expecting them to change it, just laughing at it.

It's very easy to make him one player in Yahoo. Add a dead spot to every team and the advantages of 1 player Ohtani magically appear. Not ideal but it works. Last year we had 2 dead spots b/c the annoying Ohtani owner decided to draft McKay as well. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

It's very easy to make him one player in Yahoo. Add a dead spot to every team and the advantages of 1 player Ohtani magically appear. Not ideal but it works. Last year we had 2 dead spots b/c the annoying Ohtani owner decided to draft McKay as well. 

spacer.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's pretty comical that on these wonderful baseball forums we have a strong debate on something like this.

It's pretty clear... Y! works wonders for the basic leagues, but has way too many holes for more advanced leagues. 

FanTrax has problems with basic interface issues and isn't easy to sign up for unless you have a planned league, but the tools under the shed far outweigh what Y! does. 

Both have pros/cons for each individual user. Y! is smart in that they attract the general fan of the game and will always be super popular due to that. Fantrax's niche is the hardcore fantasy baseballer and thus, should really be used for Dynasty based leagues due to its amazing power.

I play in both this year. I use Y! purely for fun, I have about 15 teams i'll manage there and I know in all 15 leagues I will finish in the top 3 because more than 75% of the league will abandon it by the first month. I'm in 2 dynasty money based FanTrax leagues and I know those will be my favorite leagues, even if I finish in the bottom half of the league. 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed "being paid off derail"
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

[Posts removed.  "I wonder if people are being paid to post a positive opinion of a fantasy platform" is an incendiary accusation that requires more than vague allegations to sustain, and is therefore something you need to take up with the staff directly.]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have experience with draft pick trading in Yahoo leagues? I always see draft picks being traded during the season under the "recent trades" section or whatever it is. 

 

Since Yahoo leagues aren't open in the offseason, how does this work? Does the commish just have to manually change the draft the following year to match the picks that were traded the previous season? I guess you would need to manually change it regardless since the draft order changes every year? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cheppy said:

I’m in a 12 team Yahoo league. If we have it so 6 teams make the playoffs is it a default setting where the #1 and #2 seeds receive a bye in the first week? 

Yeah.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...