NBC Sports Edge Forums

Playoff 2021 Predictions - Wild-card Weekend

nfl-playoff-bracket-2021_b9nl4knx95at186

Step right up ladies and gentlemen, and put your smartest predictions here. Who will win the wild-card games, and who can make the best predictions?

Saturday, Jan. 9:

Colts at Bills    1:05 p.m. ET    CBS    CBS All Access, fuboTV
Rams at Seahawks    4:40 p.m. ET    Fox    Fox Sports Go, fuboTV
Buccaneers at Washington    8:15 p.m. ET    NBC    NBC Sports App, fuboTV

Sunday, Jan. 10

Ravens at Titans    1:05 p.m. ET    ESPN/ABC    ESPN App, fuboTV
Bears at Saints    4:40 p.m. ET    CBS/Nickelodeon/Amazon Prime    CBS All Access, Amazon Prime Video, fuboTV
Browns at Steelers    8:15 p.m. ET    NBC    NBC Sports App, fuboTV

Just now, Boudewijn said:

Saturday, Jan. 9:

Colts at Bills    
Rams at Seahawks    
Buccaneers at Washington    

Sunday, Jan. 10

Ravens at Titans   
Bears at Saints    
Browns at Steelers    

The Rams/Seahawks and Ravens/Titans games could be very close, and I would expect the Browns/Steelers to be a fantastic suckfest. Have fun everyone!

6 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Bears at Saints    4:40 p.m. ET    CBS/Nickelodeon/Amazon Prime    CBS All Access, Amazon Prime Video, fuboTV

Colts at Bills 
I am predicting the colts to win this game. But they are actually going to lose and I will advance to the next tier in StevieStats' Josh Allen hate tier list

Rams at Seahawks
Seahawks easy. They are going to have their full offensive line available and are extremely dangerous when Russ has protection.

Buccaneers at Washington 
Buccs will win. AB will have 10+ targets because the FT D-Line give Brady no time to throw deep-

Ravens at Titans
That'll be close. I could see the Titans win, but Lamar is on a roll recently.

Bears at Saints 
Bear will be destroyed and in the following schlegdaddytv video there will be more screaming than normal talking.

Browns at Steelers
I hope the Browns win and the annoying Steelers fans get finally shut up. But Steelers probably win this.

Apparently people think WFT actually has a chance against Tampa Bay which I think is absolutely delusional. They are a blatant tank job from the Eagles from being 6-10 and out of the playoffs altogether, they aren’t a good team at all. Their defensive line is good but the Bucs also have one of the best offensive lines in the league led by Marpet and Wirfs, who should both be all pro selections this season. Brady also gets rid of the ball ridiculously fast and is an expert at avoiding pressure in the pocket so good luck with that notion.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, killa3312 said:

Apparently people think WFT actually has a chance against Tampa Bay which I think is absolutely delusional. They are a blatant tank job from the Eagles from being 6-10 and out of the playoffs altogether, they aren’t a good team at all. Their defensive line is good but the Bucs also have one of the best offensive lines in the league led by Marpet and Wirfs, who should both be all pro selections this season. Brady also gets rid of the ball ridiculously fast and is an expert at avoiding pressure in the pocket so good luck with that notion.

So far nobody in this post has picked WFT to win. 

8 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

So far nobody in this post has picked WFT to win. 

Which means that they probably will. There's always an upset... and nobody will be more upset than Tom Brady if he loses to this Washington team ;)

• Like 1

In the spirit of picking a big upset, I'll take Chicago over NO.   As for the rest, here's the picks in order of confidence

Seahawks

Bucs

Bills

Steelers

Ravens

Bills, Saints and Ravens are the locks for me. WFT, Rams and Browns

I’m gonna stick to my analysis this year and say that Brady continues to struggle with teams with excellent defensive fronts. The Football Team pulls off a nice upset on the strength of their D and Alex Smith finds a way to make a play or two on a bum ankle.

If Goff plays I’ll take the Rams if not I’ll take the Hawks. It’s looking like Goff will play so give me the Rams.

I still like the Browns over the Steelers despite the COVID issues. The Steelers are weaker than their overall record suggests 

Edited by Cdub2k
On 1/4/2021 at 9:49 PM, Boudewijn said:

nfl-playoff-bracket-2021_b9nl4knx95at186

Step right up ladies and gentlemen, and put your smartest predictions here. Who will win the wild-card games, and who can make the best predictions?

Saturday, Jan. 9:

Sunday, Jan. 10

Is that bracket correct? Why do the 1 and 2 seeds play in the 2nd round. Shouldn't they meet in the championship games?

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Is that bracket correct? Why do the 1 and 2 seeds play in the 2nd round. Shouldn't they meet in the championship games?

No.  There are no "brackets".  1 seed plays the lowest remaining seed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't you mean SUPER wild card weekend? The NFL is obsessed with that idiotic adjective tacked on. 

Colts at Bills    
Rams at Seahawks    
Buccaneers at Washington    

Ravens at Titans
Bears at Saints
Browns at Steelers    

Gotta pick an upset to win any brackets :) Brees has looked erratic at best since his return. And Brady once again leads a charmed life, as the Redskins are one of the worst jokes of a playoff team ever even with Alex Smith who might not even play. A team full of grandmothers could beat them.

Edited by bomont
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Yeah it also stumped me when I stole the image, but as @Mongeese said, they are re-seeded in the usual way after the wild-card round. #2 seed lost a bye but should still have home advantage twice.

• Like 1

Overrated: Saints, Seahawks, Steelers

Any of these frauds can lose--playing the numbers though the Bears aren't a real playoff team so New Orleans is probably the safest (would not count it out at all though)

Browns are a mess so the Steelers may skirt by--I say 50/50

Midseason Seahawks would run through the NFC--the current version will have their hands full against the Rams defense and were fortunate to even win two weeks ago in the worst game Goff has played in quite some time--ripe for the upset

Others seem self explanatory--with Titans/Ravens being a pure tossup. Selfishly hoping the Colts have a chance though. I'll breathe a massive sigh of relief if/when the Bills lose

15 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Any of these frauds can lose--playing the numbers though the Bears aren't a real playoff team so New Orleans is probably the safest (would not count it out at all though)

If the Bears manage to get a decent running game going (big if, but Montgomery has been running well lately), their play action pass game and Trubsky's legs could make this an interesting matchup.

The Bears defense can put pressure on Brees and If he can't connect on throws over 30 yards. It might take some 10+ play drives to score on the Bears.

The Bears took the Saints to overtime in Nov with Foles at QB. The Saints always seem to play down to their competition and the Saints have a history of playoff collapses against NFC North foes.

I could be totally wrong, but I'm not as high on the Saints as most are.

• Like 1