NBC Sports Edge Forums

Fernando Tatis Jr. 2021 Outlook

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a fan catches his detached arm in the crowd, will he autograph it?

Trying to put a positive spin on this situation, if at some point a South African crime lord chains him in a straitjacket and tosses him off a dock into the ocean, he'll be able to easily dislocate hi

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

gotta love when a professional athlete tests positive for something he shows zero symptoms of an illness that wont hurt him and he has to go on the IL

this whole thing is stupid

if he tests positive, that means the whole team should be in protocol, since they were all around him sunday

Edited by Golden Spikes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Golden Spikes said:

gotta love when a professional athlete tests positive for something he shows zero symptoms of an illness that wont hurt him and he has to go on the IL

if he tests positive, that means the whole team should be in protocol, since they were all around him sunday

There is a good chance a lot of them are vaccinated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Covid vaccine is a thing. 

But even if it wasn't, this is MLB we're talking about. Sound decision making isn't exactly what this league is known for

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

The pandemic is real but I wish we wouldn't have taken it to this extreme.

Edited by B&F
  • Like 2
40 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Anyone have an idea when he's back?

No, and they just announced Profar and Mateo back Mon, Hosmer back Weds. Hope there's nothing else we don't know.

On 5/11/2021 at 4:48 PM, Golden Spikes said:

Nah. It's 100% his fault.

I got the shot in the SD area. The first Cvs I tried had 10 openings the next day. Pretty sure tatis could get one. 

This is like blaming the wall that Ynoa punched for his IL stint.  

3 hours ago, GamblorLA said:

Nah. It's 100% his fault.

I got the shot in the SD area. The first Cvs I tried had 10 openings the next day. Pretty sure tatis could get one. 

This is like blaming the wall that Ynoa punched for his IL stint.  

First off, I think you missed the point of the post. I think it was meant to point out the hypocrisy of Covid protocols.  Secondly, you're blaming Tatis for getting sick during a pandemic and assuming he didn't get vaccinated.  You know you can still testy positive even fully vaccinated, not to mention if you only have one shot.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, damana said:

First off, I think you missed the point of the post. I think it was meant to point out the hypocrisy of Covid protocols.  Secondly, you're blaming Tatis for getting sick during a pandemic and assuming he didn't get vaccinated.  You know you can still testy positive even fully vaccinated, not to mention if you only have one shot.

What hypocrisy?

Just because he doesn't show symptoms doesn't mean he should be spreading it around and putting other people at risk.

He should be quarantined if he's tested positive whether or not he's showing symptoms or not.

Ya we all love fantasy and that's why we're here and as an owner I'm just as frustrated as everyone else but we really gonna start trashing the way they are handling this? 

If they didn't do stuff like this we wouldn't even have a season at all or have it 60 games like last year which would be over in 2 weeks.

• Like 1

I'm also at a loss as to how it's hypocritical.

Regardless, these guys can't control the mlb policy, whether it's right or wrong. 

They CAN control if they are vaxed. My goofball friends in SD were fully vaxed before this happened, so MLB players certainly could have been. 

If they skipped it and got the bug, it's nobody's fault but their own.

If they got vaxed and got it anyway, that's a bad break. The first thing I looked up said that has a .06% chance of happening. Maybe it's higher, idk.  But it's very unlikely.

16 hours ago, fingy said:

What hypocrisy?

Just because he doesn't show symptoms doesn't mean he should be spreading it around and putting other people at risk.

He should be quarantined if he's tested positive whether or not he's showing symptoms or not.

Ya we all love fantasy and that's why we're here and as an owner I'm just as frustrated as everyone else but we really gonna start trashing the way they are handling this? 

If they didn't do stuff like this we wouldn't even have a season at all or have it 60 games like last year which would be over in 2 weeks.

I should have said perceived hypocrisy.  I agree that he should be quarantined and should take steps to make sure others don't get sick.  That being said, I don't think Tatis should be blamed for getting sick and no one knows what precautions him and the team were taking to prevent said illness, which was the main point I was trying to make.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, OaksterDan said:

Did Covid make him even better? 2 games, 6-for-8, 2 HR, 2 SB, 3 R, 6 RBI since being activated. 

I know. This kid is a natural.

I've been paying close attention to his swing, and at times he is doing that one arm over extension thing. I feel like that should is a ticking time bomb, but given the way injuries are going this year it would be par for the course.

3 hours ago, kwelch said:

I know. This kid is a natural.

I've been paying close attention to his swing, and at times he is doing that one arm over extension thing. I feel like that should is a ticking time bomb, but given the way injuries are going this year it would be par for the course.

In redraft, you have to try to move him for a first round talent, don't you?

I mean, he'll look great (as everyone expected) until that shoulder goes.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Overlord said:

In redraft, you have to try to move him for a first round talent, don't you?

I mean, he'll look great (as everyone expected) until that shoulder goes.  

That's what I feel. Even in my limited keeper league I am thinking about it.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, fingy said:

Wow.. what happened..

Hard to tell he made a nice play at the bag on a bad throw by Machado and awkward throw to 1st trying to turn double play.

1 minute ago, jdizzle said:

Hard to tell he made a nice play at the bag on a bad throw by Machado and awkward throw to 1st trying to turn double play.

Hope it's not that shoulder again...