Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Fernando Tatis Jr. 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, fingy said:

Hope it's not that shoulder again...

Wouldn’t be surprised if it is. It’s almost like a ticking bomb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to put a positive spin on this situation, if at some point a South African crime lord chains him in a straitjacket and tosses him off a dock into the ocean, he'll be able to easily dislocate hi

If a fan catches his detached arm in the crowd, will he autograph it?

Posted Images

"Strength is pretty good postgame, range of motion is pretty good, so we'll kinda go day-to-day," Tingler said. "Hopefully it's just a bit of tightness in the midsection."

"Just seeing Fernando and the trainers, I am pretty optimistic, for sure, just with seeing their reaction postgame and seeing the range of motion and talk about the strength, the tests they did," Tingler said. "I am optimistic that maybe we caught something early, before it got bad. But sometimes you wake up, things are different."

~San Diego Padres manager Jayce Tingler 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, kwelch said:

"Strength is pretty good postgame, range of motion is pretty good, so we'll kinda go day-to-day," Tingler said. "Hopefully it's just a bit of tightness in the midsection."

"Just seeing Fernando and the trainers, I am pretty optimistic, for sure, just with seeing their reaction postgame and seeing the range of motion and talk about the strength, the tests they did," Tingler said. "I am optimistic that maybe we caught something early, before it got bad. But sometimes you wake up, things are different."

~San Diego Padres manager Jayce Tingler 

Even still, gotta think he'll go on the IL for 10 days. Don't wanna mess with an O'Bleak.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Like Flaherty’s tight oblique? :(

If Fernando was taken out of the game due to Flaherty having injured his oblique I have some serious questions about what's going on behind the scenes of those two franchises.  

No judgment!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Player A: Age 21-23 season 185 games; 785 PA, 692 AB, 136 R, 225 H, 35 2B, 45 HR, 133 RBI, 12 SB, .325/.395/.620/1.015; 163 OPS+

Player B: Age 20-22 season 182 games; 794 PA, 698 AB, 149 R, 209 H, 32 2B, 55 HR, 135 RBI, 39 SB, .299/.374/.605/.979, 162 OPS+

A is Willie Mays, B is FTJ, before tonight's game which includes his 17th HR of the year to tie him with Vlad Jr and Acuna. The kid is pretty good, folks. The fact that I knew I could randomly pull this stat and it would be this close is insane. Note Mays only had 12 SBs to that point and went on to steal 338 in his legendary career.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

This man is the most exciting player in the game and hit homers in back to back games including a grand slam today. His second grand slam this year. How has it been 10 days since someone posted about him. HE IS AMAZING.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BEERSMOKE said:

This man is the most exciting player in the game and hit homers in back to back games including a grand slam today. His second grand slam this year. How has it been 10 days since someone posted about him. HE IS AMAZING.

Probably because he was in a mini slump before these last few days with HRs

Tatis should be t5 player RoS as long as health permits.  I just get scared every time I see him bat because I know he’s one swing away from blowing out his shoulder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, OaksterDan said:

How do you know this?

His previous shoulder injury- swung and they opted to let him play and not do surgery despite the knowledge that if he injured it again it could/would aggravate it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

His previous shoulder injury- swung and they opted to let him play and not do surgery despite the knowledge that if he injured it again it could/would aggravate it 

You could be right, but any player can get injured. Doctors cleared him to play and he has 19 home runs plus 13 SBs in less than 50 games since that happened. At some point talking about an injury from two and a half months ago ad nauseum is just "sky is falling" talk when he's proven he's healthy enough to play at an elite level over an extended period of time. Anybody who panicked and sold low on him when that injury happened (or after he returned) has missed out on the best hitter not named Vlad so far this year.

Edited by OaksterDan
Typo
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, OaksterDan said:

You could be right, but any player can get injured. Doctors cleared him to play and he has 19 home runs plus 13 SBs in less than 50 games since that happened. At some point talking about an injury from two and a half months ago ad nauseum is just "sky is falling" talk when he's proven he's healthy enough to play at an elite level over an extended period of time. Anybody who panicked and sold low on him when that injury happened (or after he returned) has missed out on the best hitter not named Vlad so far this year.

Yeah I mean, that’s the problem with this type of injury.  It either is gonna happen one swing or it isn’t.   It was the safer move to sell at the time and probably still is 

Link to post
Share on other sites

unreal numbers

Tatis Jr. broke up lefty Wade Miley's no-hit bid with a towering 395-foot solo shot to left-center field with two outs in the sixth inning, sending the Friar faithful in attendance into an absolute frenzy. It was his lone hit in three at-bats in the low-scoring affair. The 22-year-old fantasy superstar is tied with Blue Jays' slugger Vladimir Guerrero Jr. for the major league-lead with 22 round-trippers in just 53 games this season. He's hitting .278/.354/.675 with 48 runs scored, 22 homers, 49 RBI and 13 stolen bases across 223 plate appearances. Unreal.

Needs to pick up the SB's though soon

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

Left the game after holding his shoulder in pain.

He will be back on Monday and hit 4 home runs

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Precautjonary and petitjoned to stay I'm the game according to Dennis Lin fwiw.

 

I really wish they'd (had?) give him a day of rest every once in awhile.

Edited by Cesare13
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Precautjonary and petitjoned to stay I'm the game according to Dennis Lin fwiw.

 

I really wish they'd (had?) give him a day of rest every once in awhile.

I hope your info is correct that would be awesome

Edited by Redphan
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Redphan said:

I hope your info is correct that would be awesome

It was  Jayce tingler that said it (according to Lin).  It IS baseball though, so who knows?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

It was  Jayce tingler that said it (according to Lin).  It IS baseball though, so who knows?

This guy has given us many of a scare this year, but this was absolutely my read on the situation. It was clear they weren't going to take any chance, it was an awkward play and he reacted initially like it was worse, but then he became upset when he knew he would have to come out of the game. You could see his competitive desire at play, and while he probably gets tomorrow off, I'm pretty sure he will smash two bombs his next game back to make up for lost time. I hope we'll get an update tonight saying no MRI or anything necessary, just DTD and a Sunday of rest should be good. 

Edited by Richard Kimble
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...