NBC Sports Edge Forums

Fernando Tatis Jr. 2021 Outlook

1 minute ago, 2ndCitySox said:

You would think the front office would have been aware of this if it had happened before (and more than once, apparently)

No doubt. But it popping up again before he's even played a single game under that contract can't be reassuring.

• Like 2
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to put a positive spin on this situation, if at some point a South African crime lord chains him in a straitjacket and tosses him off a dock into the ocean, he'll be able to easily dislocate hi

If a fan catches his detached arm in the crowd, will he autograph it?

Posted Images

15 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

or its general soreness that is being over blown because its St and hes getting babied. then tatis goes on to play a full healthy season and anyone who lets him slip out of the top 5 looks like an idiot.

Talking it off as simple general soreness IMO isn’t smart and is a stretch because normally when players have general soreness they aren’t leaving in the middle of an active game. Rendon and several others had general soreness and were late to start sprint training. I’d even buy missing a few games after starting but that’s entirely different from removing yourself from play in an actual game. Let’s not be naive here but to each his own.

3 minutes ago, quietj said:

Tatis back in the Padre lineup today at DH. Even at DH it’s still nice to see but I still have concerns. 

Ugh.....why are they playing him in ST?

6 hours ago, mannymachado said:

Anyone worried about this guys shoulder this season?

He said he's had it for awhile and that the team knew about it. They'd push him for surgery if they thought it was an issue. Not concerned. 

7 hours ago, mannymachado said:

Anyone worried about this guys shoulder this season?

Are we talking about the same "shoulder injury" that caused him to miss ONE game this spring training? The same "shoulder injury" that, after missing one game, he came back the next day to hit a home run, and ten followed that with a double the next game?

2 hours ago, Ixnue said:

Are we talking about the same "shoulder injury" that caused him to miss ONE game this spring training? The same "shoulder injury" that, after missing one game, he came back the next day to hit a home run, and ten followed that with a double the next game?

Yes that one, the one he’s been dealing with his whole career where he’s said he need to tend to all the time.

• Like 2

It looked like his shoulder popped on a violent swing. It was his left, which is the "bad" one. I would be concerned at this point...does he have surgery? No, the Padres are trying to make this their year. So then he struggles through it this year, and have surgery at season end, ultimately impacting two years? 

THey're definitely going to baby him this year with Kim filling in at SS (maybe thats why they grabbed him?), so expect more days off, especially after this. Manny is going to have to carry this team like he did second half of last year. 

Looked like he was in quite a bit of pain. Took a hard swing, winced, went down in pain, then never moved his arm the rest of the time and had help from the trainer holding his left arm still as they walked off. Not good.

Edited by Caelum
typo

I wonder what AJ Preller is thinking right now...he probably thought his karmic debt had already been paid.

• Haha 1

Yeah he definitely appeared to be in a lot of pain.  They just showed the replay again when Kim came up to bat.

On 3/30/2021 at 6:55 PM, mannymachado said:

Yes that one, the one he’s been dealing with his whole career where he’s said he need to tend to all the time.

Ya this is what I was telling you about.

• Haha 1

There's a lot of informed speculation on Twitter (read: uninformed speculation on Twitter) that it's the elbow, not the shoulder.  Which still wouldn't be great for those rostering Tatis, but would make some of these attempts to do I told you so victory laps and laugh about the situation look rather silly.

2 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

There's a lot of informed speculation on Twitter (read: uninformed speculation on Twitter) that it's the elbow, not the shoulder.  Which still wouldn't be great for those rostering Tatis, but would make some of these attempts to do I told you so victory laps and laugh about the situation look rather silly.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Clearly I’m not a doctor (my pay check confirms this ) but nothing about it looked like elbow to me. He seemed to grimace as the bat ended its follow through with the wrist .  

1 minute ago, RoadApple said:

Clearly I’m not a doctor (my pay check confirms this ) but nothing about it looked like elbow to me. He seemed to grimace as the bat ended its follow through with the wrist .  

I stayed at a pretty fine establishment located at 1430 Seventh Ave, San Diego, CA 92101 last night, and I can confirm that this looked like a shoulder injury. 

Then again, I'm not a doctor and for all I know tomorrow they could announce he pulled his glute on the follow-through and just has a nervous habit of cradling his arm whenever he injures his arse. 

• Haha 2