NBC Sports Edge Forums

Fernando Tatis Jr. 2021 Outlook

You're all acting like he died. Conforto had surgery, and returned to levels higher than before surgery, right? I don't see why Tatis wouldn't be the same case. Maybe he's done for the year and struggles a bit early next year due to lost offseason time, but its a 14 year contract. He's super young. He'll be back to superstar status before his mid-20s. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to put a positive spin on this situation, if at some point a South African crime lord chains him in a straitjacket and tosses him off a dock into the ocean, he'll be able to easily dislocate hi

If a fan catches his detached arm in the crowd, will he autograph it?

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I’m not expecting this to be good news...

Yep this sounds a lot like Eloy. I was hyperventilating all morning. 

8 minutes ago, mtblock said:

You're all acting like he died. Conforto had surgery, and returned to levels higher than before surgery, right? I don't see why Tatis wouldn't be the same case. Maybe he's done for the year and struggles a bit early next year due to lost offseason time, but its a 14 year contract. He's super young. He'll be back to superstar status before his mid-20s. 

I dont play in a 14 year long baseball pool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
49 minutes ago, mtblock said:

Conforto hit 270 with 133 wRC+ his rookie year and 279 with 143 wRC+ his 3rd year... After surgery it was 243/119 in 18 and 257/126 in 19... In last year's shortened season he hit 322/157... So took a few years but he got there, if it was real and not a short sample.

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

So pretty much what the “experts” were saying early this morning. Surgery is not needed but he’ll still be out for several weeks and then reevaluated. At which point, he could still opt for surgery or decide to play through it and put it off until the offseason. It will all depend on how he feels physically after some rest I suppose.

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Ah yes, hindsight. 

Not really hindsight, they had what? 6 more years of cheap control? They made a splash and signed him too 14 years... There was plenty of criticism outside of the media that celebrates every contract as an amazing signing even if your name is Eric Hosmer.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dislimb said:

So pretty much what the “experts” were saying early this morning. Surgery is not needed but he’ll still be out for several weeks and then reevaluated. At which point, he could still opt for surgery or decide to play through it and put it off until the offseason. It will all depend on how he feels physically after some rest I suppose.

Everything I read was much more doom and gloom.  As far as I understand the big fear was a torn labrum.  It sounds like there were no tears.  The shoulder surgery he would get would be somewhere between 4 to 8 weeks I believe if that's needed.  Although not ideal, it's way better than 6 months.  Obviously not thrilled, but ill take it.

• Like 1

Was supposed to be "fun to own".  I'm terrified of oppening sports notifications on my phone because I expect to see this guy being carted off.  I'm glad the news was pretty much the best possible all things considering, but no way is this guy fun to own.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Overlord said:

Trying to put a positive spin on this situation, if at some point a South African crime lord chains him in a straitjacket and tosses him off a dock into the ocean, he'll be able to easily dislocate his shoulder and wriggle free.  

This is the positivity we need!  He can do magic shows to kill some time while he rehabs.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

This is the positivity we need!  He can do magic shows to kill some time while he rehabs.

“Does anybody in the audience have $330 million dollars? Yes, you, thank you, miss!  Now watch, as I make it...disappear!”

• Haha 7
1 hour ago, bluntbros said:

The guy needs more band-aids than a friggen mummy.

I was going to write a whole post about a mummy would still need a lot more bandages since it has to cover the whole body, and for Tati's it's only one shoulder. Then I realize you wrote "band aids'.  Then I imagined a mummy but band aids instead of bandages. It looks funny.  It's less scary. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, brockpapersizer said:

I was going to write a whole post about a mummy would still need a lot more bandages since it has to cover the whole body, and for Tati's it's only one shoulder. Then I realize you wrote "band aids'.  Then I imagined a mummy but band aids instead of bandages. It looks funny.  It's less scary. 

Dude: it’s way scarier.

"Wanted to play tonight"......"could be back in 10 days"....ugh.  That anticipated Dodgers series is in 10 days.  They wouldn't be stupid enough to rush him back just for that. Would they?  Would they??

8 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

When has any player that says they will be back in 10 days actually been back in 10 days?

This is one of the few cases where I hope its longer.