NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Daniel Gafford Season Outlook 20-21

Just now, dfstout said:

Outplaying WCJ

Brings the D, the Energy and the FG% up

Billy D is ba da ba ba ba lovin it

When does he take the starting position?

Yea I said it...

Given that I have WCJ, I hope never. Please don’t mention this again. We don’t want to speak this into existence.

Seriously tho, I think the Bulls coaching staff and FO are more high on WCJ (I personally think WCJ is more talented than Gafford), but if WCJ continues to overthink the game and let a miss or mistake affect his energy out there, then yeah it’s possible it becomes a timeshare or Gafford just takes the job soon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I picked up Gafford in a 20 team Dynasty just to stream and decided I was going to keep him. Until I seen Tyrese Maxey available. But I like Gafford potential. Blocks are good like 2 a game if he splits time with Carter Jr. But a terrible rebounder......And no offensive game......But for some reason I think he is going to start for someone in the near future......Kinda on the fence with this guy. Still only 21......

• 3 weeks later...

We have to bump this thread now. WCJ's injury is supposedly going to keep him out long enough that he has to be re-evaluated in 4 weeks. 

That said, I don't think Donovan likes centers that aren't named Steven Adams. Still something to monitor over time.

4 hours ago, Kawz said:

Bulls will go small with Thad, OPJ, Markennen, etc.  I don’t think Gafford is ready for 25-30mpg - I’d be investing in Bulls SF/PF’s instead.

/thread.  Gafford will get you some blocks but that's about it.  

• Thanks 1

He is too limited. His entire offensive arsenal is trying to dunk every time he touches the ball (granted, that generates high efficiency for fantasy, albeit on low volume). He doesn't rebound. What he can be is a play for blocks for the next month.

FWIW, he has 10 career starts to date. His line in them is 6/3/1 on 68% FG and 1.2 BPG. One reason his numbers haven't jumped much is he averages only 18 MPG in those games (compared to 13 MPG off the bench).

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, rocky7st said:

Could be in line for starting C gig and decent min with the Wizs depth at C

there then ROLO they don't have C so it could be interesting 

8 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Never trust Scott Brooks!

brooks has no choice!  Len is a lame duck.. RoLo is a back up.. they got Gafford for a reason! He's a defensive presence.. all aboard!

1 hour ago, MNDOGG said:

brooks has no choice!  Len is a lame duck.. RoLo is a back up.. they got Gafford for a reason! He's a defensive presence.. all aboard!

This is exactly the logic I used to justify picking up Wagner.

Trust me. No man can know the insane workings of Scott Brooks's mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Let's do this. He feels like another time Lord or even Moses

As the guy who started the Moses thread I can tell you that he will not part the Atlantic ocean. But I did snatch up Gafford after his first game to make up for the loss of Mitch Rob. I think that's closer to his comparison, perhaps also similar to Richaun Holmes. I've always liked watching up play. Plays hard defensively and has the athleticism to be a rim runner and lob threat. I see the Wizards giving him a nice run to see what they have as they just traded for him, with Rolo and Len becoming less and less relevant because they are known commodities. I mean anytime someone can put up three blocks and a steal in 14 minutes you should pay attention. Expect his minutes to increase past his first game.