NBC Sports Edge Forums

MY Michael Porter Jr & shai for his butler and covington WHIR

This is an 8 team (14 players per team) 9 cat h2h. In a vacuum who would you take this year?

shai doesn't look that great this year, too much pressure on him. And with MPJ the coach is annoyed by him. 
On the other hand, butler is always injured and covington is surrounded by a bunch of ball hogs. 

Edited by halbounih
1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

I think I'd rather have MPJ and Shai

this is what I was thinking too. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. I think shai can pick it up with his steals and percentages as he gets more comfortable. and MPJ is a walking bucket with good efficiency. KD lite. 

5 minutes ago, halbounih said:

this is what I was thinking too. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. I think shai can pick it up with his steals and percentages as he gets more comfortable. and MPJ is a walking bucket with good efficiency. KD lite. 

Yup - agree with those. Shai is the focal point for the Thunder, and MPJ is too talented

I would rather have Butler and Cov. 

Shai might be the #1 option on offense, but so is Butler, and honestly - Shai has looked pretty underwhelming so far. With OKC getting blown out on a regular basis, and Shai sitting out quarters because of this, I don't see his numbers going up by all that much. Butler is the better player in the equation.

As for MPJ and Cov - I still prefer Cov because of his stocks. It took him some time to get adjusted to the new team and system, but he's starting to look better. MPJ is a horrible defender and there will be times when he loses minutes because of this

Go with Butler and Shai

• Thanks 1

I am a bit conservative (not politically, relax) so I would rather have the dependability of Butler and Covington, who have proven year in and year out to be studs. but it's a fair trade either way.

MPJ and shai for sure.

covington is like the 5th/6th offensive guy on that team. He’s gonna be only a 3 and d kind of guy so don’t expect consistent stats or a huge improvement from him.

MPJ and shai and way too much upside and can provide 1st round value in some games.