NBC Sports Edge Forums

how is this clown and his camp turning down a 10 year $325 contract? and asking for 12 years, $385?  

we can argue that overall he ain't better than Xander who signed for 6 years $120, about the same age.  

this is getting out of control

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how is this clown and his camp turning down a 10 year $325 contract? and asking for 12 years, $385?   we can argue that overall he ain't better than Xander who signed for 6 years $120, about the

Yes.

Posted Images

More details:

Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that the Mets and Francisco Lindor have agreed to terms on a contract extension.

Anthony DiComo of MLB.com was first to report that the deal is for 10 years and $341 million. There are no opt outs in the deal and it contains about $50 million in deferrals, per Joel Sherman of the New York Post. Just after it seemed like negotiations had hit a wall, cooler heads prevail and a deal that always made sense to get done does, in fact, get done. Lindor's contract is for $1 million more than the deal Fernando Tatis Jr. signed last month, which certainly is no accident. It's the third-largest contract in baseball history behind Mike Trout and Mookie Betts.

Source: Jon Heyman on Twitter                  Mar 31, 2021, 11:00 PM ET

4 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Just like every big contract signed after arbitration exhausted.

When they made the trade, everybody knew it would take in excess of $300m to get a contract signed. 

I don't like signing long term deals with players but that is what is what it takes to sign a top star player these days.  They gave a little more to get this deal done when they would not go the extra year for George Springer.   Lindor has looked great this spring.

15 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Just like every big contract signed after arbitration exhausted.

Tatis will likely be in his prime for 2/3 of his contract (signed age 22-35). Lindor at 27 is 5 years older with more of his prime behind him. 

Nothing against Lindor I like him a lot. The deal just doesn't make much sense to me compared to Tatis.

1 minute ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Tatis will likely be in his prime for 2/3 of his contract (signed age 22-35). Lindor at 27 is 5 years older with more of his prime behind him. 

Nothing against Lindor I like him a lot. The deal just doesn't make much sense to me compared to Tatis.

Well yeah you are comparing him to one player that gave his team a discount before he reached arbitration. Lindor was not on the Mets at age 22.

5 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

The choices are giving him a big contract or letting him walk.  

The Red Sox traded Mookie Betts because it didn't make much sense signing him to a long term contract in their minds.

1 minute ago, duke of queens said:

Well yeah you are comparing him to one player that gave his team a discount before he reached arbitration. Lindor was not on the Mets at age 22.

Uhhh..... yes I am aware? I mean what point are you making here?

Just now, Brooklyn Dude said:

The choices are giving him a big contract or letting him walk.  

The Red Sox traded Mookie Betts because it didn't make much sense signing him to a long term contract in their minds.

Yes, but it still seems they didn't need to give him *this* contract. This is an overpay compared to a better, younger Tatis.

Just now, sportsfreak2744 said:

Yes, but it still seems they didn't need to give him *this* contract. This is an overpay compared to a better, younger Tatis.

I would agree but the Mets don't have a player like Tatis to negotiate that type of deal.  No guarantee any player will live up to a big deal for that many years.  Being younger helps.

Just now, sportsfreak2744 said:

Uhhh..... yes I am aware? I mean what point are you making here?

Your'e comparing two different situations. The Tatis deal is not the norm. In order to obtain proven stars in this league you need to overpay. Mets have the richest owner in the league they aren't going bankrupt.

• Haha 1
Just now, duke of queens said:

Your'e comparing two different situations. The Tatis deal is not the norm. In order to obtain proven stars in this league you need to overpay. Mets have the richest owner in the league they aren't going bankrupt.

"The Tatis deal is not the norm" and "You need to overpay" conflict with each other.

7 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

"The Tatis deal is not the norm" and "You need to overpay" conflict with each other.

No they don't. They had Tatis locked up for several more years. They didn't have to offer him a contract. Lindor could walk after this year. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

this guy is such trash.  I feel bad for anyone who drafted him around his ADP.  I didn't even want him at pick 25, but i rolled the dice anyway

If you think a player like Lindor is “trash” on April 18th, I would try another fantasy sport. 

Or you can always drop him for Miguel Rojas. 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

If you think a player like Lindor is “trash” on April 18th, I would try another fantasy sport. 

Or you can always drop him for Miguel Rojas. 

Why you gotta call out my boy Rojas like that :( 

• Haha 1

I love this time of year.....2 weeks into a fantasy baseball season is equivalent to one game in fantasy football....slow starts happen....cold/weather/rainouts/still adjusting....Mets have barely played....check back a the end of May and let's see where he's at....Ill be buying for a discount from frustrated owners

• Like 2

There is nothing in the data to suggest this is anything but bad luck/slow start, right? Looking to acquire him from a frustrated owner and want to make sure I'm not being too cute.

Hitters generally have an acclimation period when switching leagues. 

It'd why I didn't target him this year in fantasy, but I expect a return to form for him in due time this season.

• Like 1
On 4/18/2021 at 10:03 PM, summersoff7 said:

this guy is such trash.  I feel bad for anyone who drafted him around his ADP.  I didn't even want him at pick 25, but i rolled the dice anyway

...yeah...two weeks in...let's completely write off a guy who is a legitimate thread for 30 / 30 EVER. SINGLE. YEAR.