NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how is this clown and his camp turning down a 10 year $325 contract? and asking for 12 years, $385?   we can argue that overall he ain't better than Xander who signed for 6 years $120, about the

Yes.

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

...yeah...two weeks in...let's completely write off a guy who is a legitimate thread for 30 / 30 EVER. SINGLE. YEAR. 

You mean a threat for 30 homers and 30... RBI? Maybe runs? 

I know you're not talking about Lindor being a threat to steal 30 bases, considering hes been in the league 6 years and never stole more than 25 in a season, and in fact has only cracked 20 twice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, cs3 said:

You mean a threat for 30 homers and 30... RBI? Maybe runs? 

I know you're not talking about Lindor being a threat to steal 30 bases, considering hes been in the league 6 years and never stole more than 25 in a season, and in fact has only cracked 20 twice.

Ok. 30 HRs / 20-25 SBs. Now explain to me how that changes the point I was trying to make? I look forward to more of your stale attempt at sardonic wit. 

Edited by jmcampbe11
2 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Not last year (if you extrapolate)

So he's washed up at 27? Is that the point that you're trying to make? And you're putting more stock in a 1/3 of a COVID riddled season versus multiple seasons of consistent production? 

1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

So he's washed up at 27? Is that the point that you're trying to make? And you're putting more stock in a 1/3 of a COVID riddled season versus multiple seasons of consistent production? 

No, I’m just saying he sucked last year so he hasn’t been consistent every  single year 

• Like 1
On 4/18/2021 at 10:19 PM, Gandalfthecat said:

If you think a player like Lindor is “trash” on April 18th, I would try another fantasy sport. 

Or you can always drop him for Miguel Rojas. 

Just letting you know that Rojas went 4-4 with a walk and is batting 327/403/455 with 3 SB 😉 

• Thanks 1

If you drafted him in the first few rounds we thank you for your donations.  Dude got paid, time to enjoy the loot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's been bad but the Mets have barely played....the crazy early season schedule has resulted in a huge slow start from their entire lineup.....Im pretty confident that lineup will start grooving in the next 2 weeks and Lindor with it....buy low if you can

• Like 1
10 hours ago, B&F said:

He got paid.  Might be human nature to kick back and enjoy the riches.

Yeah man. Lindor's always seemed like a Bobby Bonilla / Chris Davis type to me (insert eye roll emoji).

13 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

$341,000,000.00

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see we have a Cleveland fan on our hands whose upset their best player (who was homegrown) since the Baerga/Belle days had to be traded as the org wasn't willing to pay him (and that's precisely what happened) & now is Anti-Lindor....

I mean - he's only on a pace to get 3k hits in his career with stellar power numbers.  Terrible.

Edited by IlliniGuy76

Perhaps if you're deep cutting analysis of Francisco Lindor's performance is "he sucks" and "this guy blows" you'd be better served posting your golden nuggets of wisdom here instead of in this thread. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

I see we have a Cleveland fan on our hands whose upset their best player (who was homegrown) since the Baerga/Belle days had to be traded as the org wasn't willing to pay him (and that's precisely what happened) & now is Anti-Lindor....

I mean - he's only on a pace to get 3k hits in his career with stellar power numbers.  Terrible.

I feel like an equally effective rebuttal would have been a highlight reel of Amed Rosario playing the OF :)

• Haha 2

You don’t need to have advanced stats to know that Lindor is doing terribly.  

1) he isn’t running as much as he used to, and people’s Sb Lower as the years go on 

2) he was really bad last year. And not just unlucky bad, he couldn’t hit the ball. I would know because I had him as my cornerstone in a 30 team league (not anymore though!)

3) Hes doing really badly this year.  And again, not unlucky, he’s like 300th in the majors in barrels.  And he looks exactly like he did last year.

So we have a guy whose main value comes from his SB (well defense IRL) who isn’t running as much, and has sucked for ~2-3 months now

4) I found it interesting that even in his golden years, he overperformed his Xstats pretty decently on statcast.  He had a higher AVG and SLG than he was supposed to.  Perhaps his (once better) speed helped him out, or perhaps he really did have some lucky seasons!   He was considered a “Xstats overperformer”... but what if he was just lucky?

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

You don’t need to have advanced stats to know that Lindor is doing terribly.  

1) he isn’t running as much as he used to, and people’s Sb Lower as the years go on 

2) he was really bad last year. And not just unlucky bad, he couldn’t hit the ball. I would know because I had him as my cornerstone in a 30 team league (not anymore though!)

3) Hes doing really badly this year.  And again, not unlucky, he’s like 300th in the majors in barrels.  And he looks exactly like he did last year.

So we have a guy whose main value comes from his SB (well defense IRL) who isn’t running as much, and has sucked for ~2-3 months now

4) I found it interesting that even in his golden years, he overperformed his Xstats pretty decently on statcast.  He had a higher AVG and SLG than he was supposed to.  Perhaps his (once better) speed helped him out, or perhaps he really did have some lucky seasons!   He was considered a “Xstats overperformer”... but what if he was just lucky?

His main value comes from the fact he's consistently been a power hitting shortstop, who has an .850+ OPS & drives in 75-90.  His stolen bases are absolutely a cherry on top.

Edited by IlliniGuy76
5 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

His main value comes from the fact he's consistently been a power hitting shortstop, who has an .850+ OPS & drives in 75-90.  His stolen bases are absolutely a cherry on top.

Power hitting shortstops aren’t even that valuable anymore.  Maybe in 2013 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Power hitting shortstops aren’t even that valuable anymore.  Maybe in 2013 

You're talking about a player that had an ADP of top 20 going into this season.  He didn't just drastically fall off a cliff at his age 27 season.  Short sell on him for those of you that are thinking about selling - it's a terrible decision.

Edited by IlliniGuy76
  • Like 1

17% BB rate and 6% K rate (both career bests by a lot). BABIP is 100 points lower than his career average. Causes for concern are a high GB% at the cost of both LD% and FB% and also an increase in soft contact. Both soft contact and GB% are up about 10 points higher than career averages. He’s seeing the ball well (see BB% and K%) so one would assume (or hope) that once the Mets start playing a more regular schedule the contact quality will positively regress and Lindor will be fine. Also doesn’t help that every Met except Nimmo is ice cold.
Basically over the next couple of weeks the Mets will be getting regular at bats on a regular schedule and the lineup (Lindor included) will start performing to expectations. 

• Like 1