Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Andres Gimenez 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

 

With the Lindor trade, Gimenez moves to Cleveland where he should be locked into an every day role. He appeared in 23 games at SS, 19 at 2B, and 10 at 3B last season, so he should carry all three positions in virtually all platforms.

His ADP right now is mostly irrelevant, but to me this vaults him into consideration at end of drafts. He has decent pop (8-12 HR?) and good speed (20-30 SB?), which given every day playing time and elite positional eligibility, he is someone to consider.

Roster Resource is projecting him as the lead off hitter as of now. Not sure if that will stick, but its another potential addition to his value.

I hope to get some shares before Spring Training as his value will only continue to go up as the offseason progresses.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like him, but I don't think there's a TON to get excited about

good runs/speed, low power, probably mediocre avg, lil to no RBIS.

Solid deeper league MI or end of the draft pick in shallower leagues

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2021 at 10:16 AM, Sidearmer said:
His ADP right now is mostly irrelevant, but to me this vaults him into consideration at end of drafts. He has decent pop (8-12 HR?) and good speed (20-30 SB?), which given every day playing time and elite positional eligibility, he is someone to consider.

Roster Resource is projecting him as the lead off hitter as of now. Not sure if that will stick, but its another potential addition to his value.

I hope to get some shares before Spring Training as his value will only continue to go up as the offseason progresses.

Agreed.  Excellent late source of SBs and could be a bit of an "accumulator" as well if he hits in front of Naylor/JoRam/Reyes all year.  Steamer has him for .254/.310 - 13 - 60 - 61 - 23 and I'll take over on the runs but the rest looks like a fair call.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, En Votto Veritas said:

Agreed.  Excellent late source of SBs and could be a bit of an "accumulator" as well if he hits in front of Naylor/JoRam/Reyes all year.  Steamer has him for .254/.310 - 13 - 60 - 61 - 23 and I'll take over on the runs but the rest looks like a fair call.

533 PAs seems very low for a full time starter that may lead off.  I'd give him about 100 more and a 27 steal floor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 89Topps said:
Could start the season in AAA.

Looks like he's creeping up towards pick 100. I'm likely out at that price.

At NFBC, I set ADP from the date of the trade to today and I am seeing 166. This seems reasonable to me.

The service time could be an issue, but that depends on if they actually add another body which I don't know if they will want to spend to even do that. I'm also not sure how much they can gain as Gimenez appeared in 49 games last year. It would really be pushing it if they kept him down to manipulate service time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

At NFBC, I set ADP from the date of the trade to today and I am seeing 166. This seems reasonable to me.

The service time could be an issue, but that depends on if they actually add another body which I don't know if they will want to spend to even do that. I'm also not sure how much they can gain as Gimenez appeared in 49 games last year. It would really be pushing it if they kept him down to manipulate service time.

Thanks for the ADP info. I was just going off the comments in that tweet thread where he went 119.  Will have to monitor if that ADP continues to rise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 89Topps said:

Thanks for the ADP info. I was just going off the comments in that tweet thread where he went 119.  Will have to monitor if that ADP continues to rise.

If he was guaranteed to start in the majors I wouldn't be surprised to see it keep rising. As it stands now, I think 166 is a nice value. He is projected to be top 10 in SB per Steamer and has multi position eligibility at 3 premium positions. Would be surprised if he's not below 150 by March.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...