NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Carrasco 2021 Outlook

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they do. With this injury bein a no doubt 6-8 weeks he’ll probably get placed on the IL sometime soon.    or, since it’s the Mets, they’ll enter him in the NY marathon as rehab in 2 weeks. 

Never trust Mets doctors 

Similar to what I posted in the Framber thread, this isn't a huge hit in H2H leagues as pitchers may be getting shut down and/or breaking down late in the year. Carrasco should be fresh for the H2H playoffs with an extra 2 months of rest.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, street sharks said:

And players don't get placed on the IL before the season starts right?

No, they do. With this injury bein a no doubt 6-8 weeks he’ll probably get placed on the IL sometime soon. 

or, since it’s the Mets, they’ll enter him in the NY marathon as rehab in 2 weeks. 

• Haha 7
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 9:22 AM, mcbane said:

No, they do. With this injury bein a no doubt 6-8 weeks he’ll probably get placed on the IL sometime soon. 

or, since it’s the Mets, they’ll enter him in the NY marathon as rehab in 2 weeks. 

It's the Mets, so they'll probably just have him pitch through it.

• Haha 2
16 hours ago, 89Topps said:

It's the Mets, so they'll probably just have him pitch through it.

And they didn’t IL him and put him on a throwing program! So they did do this! 

This is my fault. I tried to out logic on something the Mets would do. Might as well nickname them the HazMets. They are a hazard to everyone who players for them. 

2 hours ago, mcbane said:

And they didn’t IL him and put him on a throwing program! So they did do this! 

This is my fault. I tried to out logic on something the Mets would do. Might as well nickname them the HazMets. They are a hazard to everyone who players for them. 

They haven’t ILed him yet. They will though. 

28 minutes ago, Stugots119 said:

Is there an advantage for the Mets delaying placing this dude on the IL? He is out 6-8 weeks wtf? 

Most MLB teams seem to wait until they finalize rosters before listing players on the I.L.   It probably has to do with setting up rotations to start the season. 

Teams don't want to start service time on any young player unless it is out of necessity.   There is no disadvantage to waiting except to fantasy players.

Luke Voit and Adelberto Mondesi were officially designated to the I.L. yesterday.   Carlos Carrasco and other guys will get it today.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

Most MLB teams seem to wait until they finalize rosters before listing players on the I.L.   It probably has to do with setting up rotations to start the season. 

Teams don't want to start service time on any young player unless it is out of necessity.   There is no disadvantage to waiting except to fantasy players.

Luke Voit and Adelberto Mondesi were officially designated to the I.L. yesterday.   Carlos Carrasco and other guys will get it today.

Orrrrrr

the Mets forgot. 

• Haha 1

If all goes well, what are we looking at in terms of a possible return to the mound, mid May maybe?  Or more likely something around June 1st considering how careful teams tend to be with pitchers.

4 hours ago, Stugots119 said:

Is there an advantage for the Mets delaying placing this dude on the IL? He is out 6-8 weeks wtf? 

Is there any advantage for the Mets putting him on the IL before they have to?  They do not care about your fantasy team.

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Is there any advantage for the Mets putting him on the IL before they have to?  They do not care about your fantasy team.

Why not?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw on Twitter that he’s “stretched out to 4 innings” and going to Mets alt-site. But then those same tweets I’m seeing replies of Mid-May

If he’s at 4 inning and “feeling really really good” why are people projecting another month?

3 hours ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

I saw on Twitter that he’s “stretched out to 4 innings” and going to Mets alt-site. But then those same tweets I’m seeing replies of Mid-May

If he’s at 4 inning and “feeling really really good” why are people projecting another month?

Probably because the hamstring isn’t healed enough to run, field or bat (now that he’s in the NL) despite his arm being almost ready to pitch. Can’t pitch if your leg isn’t healthy enough to do the other baseball related activities in game yet.

6 hours ago, Dislimb said:

Probably because the hamstring isn’t healed enough to run, field or bat (now that he’s in the NL) despite his arm being almost ready to pitch. Can’t pitch if your leg isn’t healthy enough to do the other baseball related activities in game yet.

Fair points. I guess when I hear a pitcher is tossing 4 innings I just assume it won’t be another month. But you’re probably right, in those simulated games he maybe isn’t doing everything 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Fair points. I guess when I hear a pitcher is tossing 4 innings I just assume it won’t be another month. But you’re probably right, in those simulated games he maybe isn’t doing everything 

So dumb that a 'pitcher' is a month away from playing because he cant 'run' or 'hit'. If hes ready to pitch then put him out there. Couldnt care less about him running or hitting.

9 hours ago, gregp said:

So dumb that a 'pitcher' is a month away from playing because he cant 'run' or 'hit'. If hes ready to pitch then put him out there. Couldnt care less about him running or hitting.

Well, you gotta run when you field. And you must field, when you pitch. Hitting is less important, but still. 

I'm okay with his current timetable. I have him in an H2H league, so I really just care about how he does in Aug & Sep. 

• Like 1

Im not sold that it will be another month....I could see him make progress and be back in a week or 2.....but even if it is a month Ill take it....I got nothing out of any Met for just about a week anyway!  

• Like 1

Justin Toscano: From Luis Rojas: Carlos Carrasco threw four innings — 65 pitches — yesterday. He is still down in Florida. The Mets watched the outing over a live feed. The next step is five innings, and the Mets might get him to the alternate site for simulated games soon.

• Like 1

When he gets back, how does he rank this year in people's minds?  Don't know a lot about him, never rostered him, but feel like he was originally being drafted in the 70s overall before the injury.  That would be slightly later than Lance Lynn and Kenta Maeda...does that sound about right?

On 4/14/2021 at 4:00 AM, gregp said:

Easily one of the worst takes I’ve seen on this site in a long time.

”I don’t care if you’re in a wheelchair! I need my fantasy points!”