NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Carrasco 2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, Dislimb said:

Easily one of the worst takes I’ve seen on this site in a long time.

”I don’t care if you’re in a wheelchair! I need my fantasy points!”

Sick analogy, bruh. I actually own zero shares of Carrasco, so this is irrelevant from fantasy.

Just saying if a pitcher is ready to pitch, as in 'pitch the ball', you know, like what he gets paid millions of dollars to do (not hit), then let's go. I dont wanna hear a pitcher isnt ready to come back cuz he cant hit. 

Per this quote from earlier in the thread.. "Probably because the hamstring isn’t healed enough to run, field or bat (now that he’s in the NL) despite his arm being almost ready to pitch."

...So cuz hes in the NL now that means his rehab has to take longer?? Dumb.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they do. With this injury bein a no doubt 6-8 weeks he’ll probably get placed on the IL sometime soon.    or, since it’s the Mets, they’ll enter him in the NY marathon as rehab in 2 weeks. 

Never trust Mets doctors 

4 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

When he gets back, how does he rank this year in people's minds?  Don't know a lot about him, never rostered him, but feel like he was originally being drafted in the 70s overall before the injury.  That would be slightly later than Lance Lynn and Kenta Maeda...does that sound about right?

That's still where I would have him, personally.  Putting aside cancer and injury he has one of the more stable performance track records out there.  He's not elite, but he's one of the better bets among the second/third tier guys.

I'd say 2 weeks if things go perfect (they will likely be cautious with him), but 3-4 weeks should probably be the expected window.  A couple of sim games and 2-3 rehab starts is about 14+ days.  First week of May give or take?

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Threw 4 innings in a scrimmage game, last Saturday. Possible return around 2nd week of May. Thoughts?

He should be owned in all leagues obviously and I think he might debut towards the end of next week. I feel comfortable slotting him in the top 25-30 SPs right away

• Like 1
On 4/15/2021 at 11:21 AM, gregp said:

Sick analogy, bruh. I actually own zero shares of Carrasco, so this is irrelevant from fantasy.

Just saying if a pitcher is ready to pitch, as in 'pitch the ball', you know, like what he gets paid millions of dollars to do (not hit), then let's go. I dont wanna hear a pitcher isnt ready to come back cuz he cant hit. 

Per this quote from earlier in the thread.. "Probably because the hamstring isn’t healed enough to run, field or bat (now that he’s in the NL) despite his arm being almost ready to pitch."

...So cuz hes in the NL now that means his rehab has to take longer?? Dumb.

I mean, he has to field his position, regardless of what league he’s in. I would guess that’s the greater concern than running the bases.

I agree with your overall point though. Let’s just get the universal DH and stop effing around with these guys pretending to hit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DiComo: 

Carlos Carrasco (hamstring) stretched out to five innings yesterday in a game at PSL.

Mets have targeted the second week of May for Carrasco's return. If they choose to go this route, he would line up well to make one final rehab start for an affiliate on MiLB Opening Day (5/4).

So he could potentially return may 4th, but it seems like the mets want to give him one extra week of prep so it is looking like May 9th will be his first game. Excited!

• Like 1

Should there be no complications in his ongoing rehab from a hamstring tear, then Carrasco will likely make one final start for an affiliate on MiLB Opening Day (May 4), before reporting to the Mets for what will be a long-awaited Major League debut for this team.

https://metsmerizedonline.com/2021/04/carlos-carrasco-on-track-for-may-return.html/

• Like 3

Just transferred to the 60 day IL 😭 The mets are saying there was no setback but he was expected to make a start next week so idk how they can say no setback. Either way just horrible news :(

4 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Is that backdated or is 60 from now? 
(I should probably know that already)

It is backdated earliest he can come off is May 31st

Just now, stay_woke said:

It is backdated earliest he can come off is May 31st

I was hoping he would make a start next week....basically pushed him out an extra 2 weeks - thats a bummer.  60 days for a hammy is pretty darn slow...

On 5/6/2021 at 12:53 PM, Big Tuna said:

I was hoping he would make a start next week....basically pushed him out an extra 2 weeks - thats a bummer.  60 days for a hammy is pretty darn slow...

By the sound of things, it's going to be a lot more than an extra 2 weeks.  60 day DL would make him eligible May 31 at the earliest, but the Mets GM all but guaranteed that he won't be back by early June.  Here's a quote from the Mets GM: "So I’m hesitant to put exact time frames on it, but I would assume it’s not an early June thing, in that we want to make sure we do this right by him, and also right by the team."

Carrassco really must have suffered a huge setback.  The timeframe's probably going to be at least as long from here as the initial 6-8 week diagnosis.  At this point, I'd be surprised if we saw him before the All Star break.

Edited by FootballFan101
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, FootballFan101 said:

By the sound of things, it's going to be a lot more than an extra 2 weeks.  60 day DL would make him eligible May 31 at the earliest, but the Mets GM all but guaranteed that he won't be back by early June.  Here's a quote from the Mets GM: "So I’m hesitant to put exact time frames on it, but I would assume it’s not an early June thing, in that we want to make sure we do this right by him, and also right by the team."

Carrassco really must have suffered a huge setback.  The timeframe's probably going to be at least as long from here as the initial 6-8 week diagnosis.  At this point, I'd be surprised if we saw him before the All Star break.

jeez i didnt see the quote - that doesnt sound good at all