NBC Sports Edge Forums

Since Seth Curry was on the bench with covid, and embiid was playing the whole game while being positive for the virus, does this mean that both teams will have there games postponed ?

or will both squads be playing there next game aslong as they have 8 active players?

Are the wizards impacted since they played philly yesterday ?

• Like 1
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the virus must have gone full Bertans and just hung around the 3 point line

No.

"personal reasons" i see you kyrie. well played sitting out tonight 👏

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Since Seth Curry was on the bench with covid, and embiid was playing the whole game while being positive for the virus, does this mean that both teams will have there games postponed ?

or will both squads be playing there next game aslong as they have 8 active players?

Are the wizards impacted since they played philly yesterday ?

Curry was sitting in the bench today?

If any player who played tonight tests positive then I would guess that anybody else who was out there on the court tonight has to go into quarantine.  First big test for the NBA re: covid protocols and scheduling.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam

This one is gonna be tricky, cause there’s a legit chance both Brooklyn and 76ers might have to quarantine their entire rosters for 7-10 days.

However, and as weird as this sounds, the situation is gonna get better as the season progresses - partially because vaccines will start rolling out, and partially because more and more players will begin to fall in the ‘already got it’ bucket. Don’t forget, before preseason, when they did the initial batch of tests, almost 10% of players tested positive already. As weird as it might sound, maybe the smart play for purely fantasy reasons was to draft players who already had it.

Edited by Apollo_87
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Yeah with the team pregame and was on the bench till the end of the 1st quarter.

Then got the tap on the shoulder. 

Wow. That’s as dumb as it gets. 

As said in another thread, this also means the Wizards as well. Likely meaning a whole lot of games postponed or even cancelled between 3 teams that'll likely self-isolate soon.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Apollo_87 said:

This one is gonna be tricky, cause there’s a legit chance both Brooklyn and 76ers might have to quarantine their entire rosters for 7-10 days.

However, and as awful as this sounds, the situation is gonna get better as the season progresses - partially because vaccines will start rolling out, and partially because more and more players will begin to fall in the ‘already got it’ bucket. Don’t forget, before preseason, when they did the initial batch of tests, almost 10% of players tested positive already. As weird as it might sound, maybe the smart play for purely fantasy reasons was to draft players who already had it.

Just like what happened in the nfl, due to contact tracing, games can be postponed or canceled because of a single positive test. And I imagine it would be worse, not better, in the nba since every 2 or 3 days is another game missed and the scheduling could quickly get out of hand. Unlike the NFL where the games are once a week. I imagine the NBA would try to take a more liberal course of action than the NFL but then again money is what makes the world go round. 

• Thanks 1

Bubble had it's benefits, just hard to rely on everybody to be responsible but the reality is NBA fked up here, Curry shouldn't of been in no position to sit around his team with a looming positive test and he was allowed to do so so somebody fked up this process now the entire team is in jeopardy of missing games. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

However, and as weird as this sounds, the situation is gonna get better as the season progresses - partially because vaccines will start rolling out, and partially because more and more players will begin to fall in the ‘already got it’ bucket. Don’t forget, before preseason, when they did the initial batch of tests, almost 10% of players tested positive already. As weird as it might sound, maybe the smart play for purely fantasy reasons was to draft players who already had it.

Durant had it already yet he has to quarantine right now so it doesn't really help. 

1 hour ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Yeah with the team pregame and was on the bench till the end of the 1st quarter. Then got the tap on the shoulder. 

Why don't teams get testing/results before the game starts or before they enter the arena? It just seems like poor execution by the NBA.

Eric Gordon on his quarantine:

“It’s a weird situation because been negative, testing negative the whole time,” Gordon said. “All I had to do was mainly be at home and just wait until the seven days were up. There was absolutely nothing I could have done differently.“I knew I was negative. It just came out of nowhere where I had to quarantine for seven days. I really didn’t understand. But things happen and those are the rules.”

Edited by DezedandConfused