NBC Sports Edge Forums

Daniel Theis 2020-2021 Outlook

I have not seen a topic for this guy and to be fair with the log jam at C for the Celtics this year there hasn't been any reason to.

HOWEVER, with R. Williams, Thompson and G. Williams out due to COVID protocols for 7 days, he becomes a must-add short term streamer in my eyes if you have the spot. He was very productive last year when he got consistent minutes in the 30s which is what he is looking at getting now.

• 3 weeks later...

he's actually been playing well in the last 4/6 games and the last game 4 games he's been starting. The game before last night he was in foul trouble hence the worse line, but I think if he continues to get 30+ mins and starting he may be a must roster player. What do you guys think? Or can we expect boston to ship him off for a better centre in the future. 

he's also had the 2nd best +/- compared to the rest of the team I believe in the last 3 starts, something I found interesting. 

Edited by halbounih
7 minutes ago, halbounih said:

he's actually been playing well in the last 4/6 games and the last game 4 games he's been starting. The game before last night he was in foul trouble hence the worse line, but I think if he continues to get 30+ mins and starting he may be a must roster player. What do you guys think? Or can we expect boston to ship him off for a better centre in the future. 

he's also had the 2nd best +/- compared to the rest of the team I believe in the last 3 starts, something I found interesting. 

I wish I knew the answer to your question. He wasn't in terrible foul trouble the game before (four total, same as prior game), but then next game he got extra minutes against the big Lakers frontline. But when he gets 25+ minutes he tends to be good. I wish they'd just recognize and give up on Tristan Thompson, although maybe there's some basketball reason I'm missing.

7 minutes ago, terribleswedes said:

I wish I knew the answer to your question. He wasn't in terrible foul trouble the game before (four total, same as prior game), but then next game he got extra minutes against the big Lakers frontline. But when he gets 25+ minutes he tends to be good. I wish they'd just recognize and give up on Tristan Thompson, although maybe there's some basketball reason I'm missing.

Just depends how quickly you get the foul trouble, like if you get 2 quick ones in first q, then a 3rd one in 2nd q. I throws off your entire game. So I can see how It may have looked like the coach just didn't give him mins. While he intended to give him the 28+ mins is what I mean. 

6 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

Why did this guy get benched?

watching the game he was basically invisible, while TT was busting his a** on the glass

no mins AT ALL though in the 3rd is rather concerning

On 2/3/2021 at 5:47 PM, Quazza said:

Last time I grabbed him he had that 5 point 1 board outting against the Spurs. 

Just picked him up again so apologies in advance guys 

Right on the money, I should've known better..