NBC Sports Edge Forums

Royce O'Neal 2020-2021 Outlook

Didn't see a thread for him. I don't know much about him.

Nice numbers tonight and had a good game on Jan 3.

The rest of the games, he has been so-so.

Tonight: 6 AST, BK, 18 PTS, 3 ST, TO, 8 TRB in 33 min.

So what do Jazz Fans have to say about this guy. 

Edited by rabaak
  • Like 1

Not a jazz fan but I've  been happy with owning him over the past week.

Seems comfortable enough to shoot the 3 more frequently than last season, and the minutes are pretty consistent so the floor is high.

For a high efficiency build he's good because he doesn't hurt you anywhere in terms of %s and TOs. If he can get 8-10 pts, 1.7 stl/blk, 1.5 3ptm, 6 Reb I'm  holding. 

He's 2nd last in my pecking order because it's important to have a stream spot.

I wouldn't bother with him if he's going to be the worst player on your team as you'll bee better off streaming imo.

• Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Royce O'Neal 2020-2021 Outlook
  • 3 weeks later...

Royce and Josh Hart are two guys who are similar who I targeted late in deeper leagues because they both rebound really well for their position and have the ability to knock down 3's with some steals. They arent spectacular but at the end of the day they have fantasy value. 

Just grabbed him and am waiting for him to fall off again.  His FG% looks like an aberration and while I expect his boards, stocks, and possibly even his assists to be okay, his FG% and FT% probably won't be that high all season.  

Reminds me of that generic 3/D guy (Thabo, Roberson, etc) who gets hot occasionally because everyone's focused on the stars.  I wish I grabbed him in my league that rewards MIN played, because he does absorb a ton of minutes at both forward spots.

6 hours ago, MWon said:

Just grabbed him and am waiting for him to fall off again.  His FG% looks like an aberration and while I expect his boards, stocks, and possibly even his assists to be okay, his FG% and FT% probably won't be that high all season.  

Reminds me of that generic 3/D guy (Thabo, Roberson, etc) who gets hot occasionally because everyone's focused on the stars.  I wish I grabbed him in my league that rewards MIN played, because he does absorb a ton of minutes at both forward spots.

Haha good comparisons. He also recalls glue guys for me, others less statistically similar like old Grant Hill and Matt Barnes. I rostered O'Neale in my 12 team 9 cat roto for about three weeks and played him most games. I was flush in points and his glue stats were dreamy. Despite his high ranking, his usefulness is limited to specific need-based scenarios. But if you've got those needs he is sneaky valuable this season.