NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I suggested at the end of the George Hill thread after last OKC game, this dude is getting that SG spot when Hill is shipped and he's taken a leap this year. Hitting circus shots & shot clock 3

Difference is Diallo is in his 3rd year. It's rare rookies ever pan out into top 100 guys but 3rd year and onwards you tend to see more consistency and polish to their game. Situation is a huge factor

Actually I think he stays on the bench because they want him in the sixth man role. I don't think they like him a lot for the long term and they don't want to build the qualifying offers for this guy.

As I suggested at the end of the George Hill thread after last OKC game, this dude is getting that SG spot when Hill is shipped and he's taken a leap this year. Hitting circus shots & shot clock 3 tonight, drawing fouls on drives, very good rebounder for a SG/SF on a per minute basis. Good player, starting to take charge on the 2nd unit

• Like 4

He’s a good player.  He started last season strong but then elbow problems caused him to miss some games and he never regained the same rhythm and confidence.  He seems to have found it again.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

about to drop will barton for this dude but need more information.

****, I'm thinking the same thing right now. Barton is a proven commodity but it seems that his minutes in jeopardy right now. And really too many mouths to feed with the emergence of MPJ and Monte.

Diallo will get minutes but not sure how consistent he'll be over the season.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, jowell77 said:

****, I'm thinking the same thing right now. Barton is a proven commodity but it seems that his minutes in jeopardy right now. And really too many mouths to feed with the emergence of MPJ and Monte.

Diallo will get minutes but not sure how consistent he'll be over the season.

biggest takeaway i saw from today is his low minutes relative to his points. Hes not gonna score a point a minute every game.

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

biggest takeaway i saw from today is his low minutes relative to his points. Hes not gonna score a point a minute every game.

I'm thinking of long game that near playoffs time, George Hill will be out of the picture due to a trade or tanking reason.

2 hours ago, jowell77 said:

I'm thinking of long game that near playoffs time, George Hill will be out of the picture due to a trade or tanking reason.

I think they'd look to develop Maledon at the 1 and push Shai to the 2, maybe Diallo gets the 3 come tank time? Bazley at the 4 and Roby at the 5.

Just now, ROTY said:

I think they'd look to develop Maledon at the 1 and push Shai to the 2, maybe Diallo gets the 3 come tank time? Bazley at the 4 and Roby at the 5.

Hmmm, true. Even if Dort gets the starting nod, Diallo will be the 6th man to replace anyone that's cold. He'll be like Lou Will and getting close to 30 mins/game  

3 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Feels accurate. From what it looks, Dort and Diallo would be fighting each other for starting minutes.

I like him but I am a little scared about his ability to sustain it. It seems like he just puts just head down to drive to the basket. Also his jumpshot has slow release.

However I don't doubt that he has made this work somehow. 

From Diallo's blurb (from Nader's top wire picks article):

As many of you know, taking a shot on a young player on a rebuilding team is a recipe for success in fantasy. 

I drafted Hayes in more leagues than I'd like to admit, and higher than I probably should've.  I also grabbed Dort and Deni from the FA pool. It's not a recipe for success.  It's a risk, and you really need to be able to stomach early bad games from them as many young guys are luxury stashes who might not even pan out. 

I don't really like Diallo's game at all, but he looks incredibly active (and bouncy, obviously since he's got a dunk title) and he constantly attacks the rim for high percentage shots or free throws.  I will say he's a fun player to just throw out there and see what happens. At worst, he'll trash your FT% and get you some points, some boards and a steal.  At best, due to his elite FG% at the rim (apparently 7th in the league), he'll drop nice lines like tonight. I would love to see him get boards and steals consistently, and carve out a nice 25-28 minute niche for himself.  It's not like the Thunder have a ton of scoring options and I'm hoping to see him in a SGA/Dort/Diallo/Bazely/Horford lineup soon.

Never , ever count out a Kentucky product. k Johnson , cam from phx, the twin towers ad n Kat, the boogaloo bloods @ cousins n wall , randle ballin out man they got a lot who am I missing 

Edit, SGA - booker - man the list keeps going

Edited by CityBaller8
2 hours ago, MWon said:

From Diallo's blurb (from Nader's top wire picks article):

As many of you know, taking a shot on a young player on a rebuilding team is a recipe for success in fantasy. 

I drafted Hayes in more leagues than I'd like to admit, and higher than I probably should've.  I also grabbed Dort and Deni from the FA pool. It's not a recipe for success.  It's a risk, and you really need to be able to stomach early bad games from them as many young guys are luxury stashes who might not even pan out. 

I don't really like Diallo's game at all, but he looks incredibly active (and bouncy, obviously since he's got a dunk title) and he constantly attacks the rim for high percentage shots or free throws.  I will say he's a fun player to just throw out there and see what happens. At worst, he'll trash your FT% and get you some points, some boards and a steal.  At best, due to his elite FG% at the rim (apparently 7th in the league), he'll drop nice lines like tonight. I would love to see him get boards and steals consistently, and carve out a nice 25-28 minute niche for himself.  It's not like the Thunder have a ton of scoring options and I'm hoping to see him in a SGA/Dort/Diallo/Bazely/Horford lineup soon.

Difference is Diallo is in his 3rd year. It's rare rookies ever pan out into top 100 guys but 3rd year and onwards you tend to see more consistency and polish to their game. Situation is a huge factor too. Hayes and Deni are  surrounded by offensive weapons unlike OKC where there's no real alpha dog(s), just an up and coming Shai. The spot for the no.2 on offense is really up for grabs if Diallo can develop enough and grab the opportunity by the balls 

Edited by ROTY
  • Like 3