NBC Sports Edge Forums

watching his game last night it was really evident how involved he was. Ran point some plays, was getting pick n' rolls, finished well around the rim. He's also clearly a presence on the defensive end. As long as his FT isn't a drag he will be valuable even off the bench.

• Like 2
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2027 second round pick... Dude just got traded for an 8th grader wtf?

As I suggested at the end of the George Hill thread after last OKC game, this dude is getting that SG spot when Hill is shipped and he's taken a leap this year. Hitting circus shots & shot clock 3

Difference is Diallo is in his 3rd year. It's rare rookies ever pan out into top 100 guys but 3rd year and onwards you tend to see more consistency and polish to their game. Situation is a huge factor

1 hour ago, Dent416 said:

watching his game last night it was really evident how involved he was. Ran point some plays, was getting pick n' rolls, finished well around the rim. He's also clearly a presence on the defensive end. As long as his FT isn't a drag he will be valuable even off the bench.

Yeah. I owned Maledon in a dynasty league so I watched their bench unit intently. He handles the ball quite a bit for their second unit. Whether he starts or not, I think he'll have plenty of opportunities. His usage may even be higher with the second unit.

He checks a lot of boxes. Capable scorer who can create for himself. Rebounds/chases balls well. Steals are there. Won't get you many 3s or assists. If he can maintain his scoring in the 12-15 range on great percentage, he'll be plenty useful.

• Like 1

Last year, he had some decent games that caught my eye, but he had only around 6 shots a game when he was playing decent minutes. Peripheral counting stats were ok for a player of his role on a per min basis.

This year, if he can maintain shots of over 12 a game then he has a good chance to maintain it. And it is also best for him in the second unit. Shai got 15 shots, Hill 10 shots, Al Horford 17 shots (that's why Bazley and Dort sucked last game).

Until they are gone, best for him to be a sixth man scoring player.

Edited by rob0403
2 minutes ago, bballmaster said:

why is he limited with minutes? whose minutes does he have to take from? Hill? Dort? Bazley? I actually dont mind him playing 6th man role but he needs more minutes!

Because OKC plays 10 guys during a development year and if the old geezers Hill & Horford play 28 mins that only leaves 20 for the replacements max. It is what is, except on second half of B2Bs. Horford's contract makes a trade to a contender difficult but not Hill's. So we wait for Hill's trade (or an injury) for Diallo to get same minutes as Baz & SGA & Dort. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

Because OKC plays 10 guys during a development year and if the old geezers Hill & Horford play 28 mins that only leaves 20 for the replacements max. It is what is, except on second half of B2Bs. Horford's contract makes a trade to a contender difficult but not Hill's. So we wait for Hill's trade (or an injury) for Diallo to get same minutes as Baz & SGA & Dort. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah I see no reason to play Hill unless their trying to prove he's still serviceable and try to fluff up his stats and trade him.

6 hours ago, rob0403 said:

Before anyone asks, Dort was the only OKC player that had the one and only steal today.

Diallo had a near steal himself. So hopefully next game it comes back. 

Yeah, I remember looking at the Thunder's steal numbers during the game, not seeing anything, and then looking at the Spurs' box score and seeing like, 2 TOs.  They were quite careful with the ball, and that Dort steal happened at the very end of the game when they could've made it a closer game.

I actually enjoyed watching the Thunder.  Each guy looks like he has his role to play, and if they didn't miss some WIDE open shots, they probably could've won it.  Diallo definitely looks like that bull in a china shop player; no real threat from the outside, but he's incredible around the rim and isn't afraid to take it inside. Also helps that he made his FTs today, given how often he'll take them if he gets more PT.

George Hill got more run today because he was playing pretty well, but if he rests tomorrow vs the Lakers, Diallo could catch fire.

Yeah let's see how he plays against the Lakers. I didn't check Laker's defense vs position yet but they are good defensively overall so keep that in mind. 

Also, keep in mind OKC is still sitting right at the 9th spot at this point. It's not considered a development year yet unlike Detroit... Going to need a string of poor games. So Hill situation might not be clear until close to trade deadline. 

Cool thing about Diallo is that they are so afraid of him at the rim, he gets a lot of space to shoot. 

Edited by rob0403
9 hours ago, bbythepier said:

Well there is another way for Diallo to get Hill's minutes. 😬

He's welcome to return the 8 million dollars he's receiving this year if he can't manage to restrict his movement during a pandemic.  Hopefully OKC finds a trade destination for their 38th 1st round pick and opens up some minutes for the youth movement.  If they don't secure a top 3 pick this year they're tripping.    

Just now, affliction said:

Dude just hit 3/4 court shot give him more minutes 😂

LOL, just saw that too.  Nice. Dunno why tf George Hill is playing.  Dude is an old man who doesn't pass on a team that doesn't pass either.  

Just give it to Diallo and let him develop.  Kid makes some dumb mistakes and TOs, but he's fearless with the ball.

14 minutes ago, MWon said:

LOL, just saw that too.  Nice. Dunno why tf George Hill is playing.  Dude is an old man who doesn't pass on a team that doesn't pass either.  

Just give it to Diallo and let him develop.  Kid makes some dumb mistakes and TOs, but he's fearless with the ball.

I think they are showcasing him for a trade prob for some 2nd round picks hahaha. Bazley got hurt tho. So let's see what Diallo can do

• Like 1

Sweet.  20 minutes.  When I saw Moses Brown, Josh Hall, and Kendrich Williams go in, I stopped watching.  

It's almost embarrassing how little time Diallo gets when they're supposed to be developing players like him, given his ability to get buckets.