NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2027 second round pick... Dude just got traded for an 8th grader wtf?

As I suggested at the end of the George Hill thread after last OKC game, this dude is getting that SG spot when Hill is shipped and he's taken a leap this year. Hitting circus shots & shot clock 3

Difference is Diallo is in his 3rd year. It's rare rookies ever pan out into top 100 guys but 3rd year and onwards you tend to see more consistency and polish to their game. Situation is a huge factor

Anybody complaining about playing time needs to look again at the team and the GM.  This team is being run like an investment portfolio and the players are stocks.  They've got assets they want to sell/trade and need to play them to get a return.  Bazley and SGA are their only blue chips, everybody else is expendable.  They'll run 9 or 10 deep every night.  

Diallo right now is probably their 2nd best paint penetrator but he's a score first dude.  He'll get his but the mins will be a bit up and down.  He's also a RFA this offseason so he's motivated to get paid.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Espoiral said:

Is the ride over? Or are y'all holding

Out of moves so I'll see how he does on Sunday. But yeah, yessh. Dude tends to generally have tunnel vision in games

Eh, jumped off.  14 min in OT ain't great.  Still probably worth watching.  Maybe Horford's return gives him more floor spacing to attack the rim.  

Dropping, he needs more shots and the team is actually not passing him the ball.

Some kind of pecking order in the second unit where Poku is allowed to take all the shots and Maledon make the plays. I only disagree with Poku taking all the shots. I think the team and management has chosen who they want to develop no matter what and it's not Diallo.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, m1dday said:

Hill out for a month, Shai out with a knee sprain. Any reason to believe he will start alongside Maledon tomorrow?

Absolutely. Can't wait to see him at the 2 with an increased role. Don't be surprised if you see him put up SHAI Alexander numbers

Actually I think he stays on the bench because they want him in the sixth man role. I don't think they like him a lot for the long term and they don't want to build the qualifying offers for this guy. 

But what do I know, maybe he blows up. He is kind of a ball hog. 

• Like 2

Think this tidbit got lost in the Maledon hype party but he started with SGA out and Dort just went down with an injury. Could be something here if Dort loses extended time and SGA returns healthy.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

Think this tidbit got lost in the Maledon hype party but he started with SGA out and Dort just went down with an injury. Could be something here if Dort loses extended time and SGA returns healthy.

any twitter post or updates on the extent of Dorts injury? I didn't see it but he didnt return

3 minutes ago, bballmaster said:

any twitter post or updates on the extent of Dorts injury? I didn't see it but he didnt return

Didn't see it as well but according to this, it might be a precautionary yank from the coaching staff. Still a good speculative add if you have someone worth cutting.

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/2021/02/03/thunders-lu-dort-to-miss-rest-of-game-vs-rockets-with-left-knee-soreness/

Edited by tazdingo
Just now, tazdingo said:

Didn't see it as well but according to this, it might be a precautionary yank from the coaching staff. Still a good speculative add if you have someone worth cutting.

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/2021/02/03/thunders-lu-dort-to-miss-rest-of-game-vs-rockets-with-left-knee-soreness/

i have NAW and Roby but i think Reddick and/or Horford may get shipped....

1 hour ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

Whoever wrote Diallo’s most recent write-up must really hate this guys.

"Diallo has a full stat line, one that isn't too unlike his previous 8 games.  Cut bait."

I agree with them that his upside is limited but it's strange to flat out say drop him.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, tredford8 said:

Don't pay any attention though, just listen to the RW writers, "It's time to cut bait."

To be fair, the blurb writer wasn't expecting Maledon to be hit with a COVID protocol. I did cut him after seeing Dort & SGA all back and Maledon still in the starting lineup so it just made sense.

• Like 1