NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2027 second round pick... Dude just got traded for an 8th grader wtf?

As I suggested at the end of the George Hill thread after last OKC game, this dude is getting that SG spot when Hill is shipped and he's taken a leap this year. Hitting circus shots & shot clock 3

Difference is Diallo is in his 3rd year. It's rare rookies ever pan out into top 100 guys but 3rd year and onwards you tend to see more consistency and polish to their game. Situation is a huge factor

4 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Anybody else think he will be capped out around 25mpg when dsj and possibly Hayes return , hurting his ROS outlook ?

My worry isn't those guys it's Casey playing Ellington and McGruder. They have a zillion wings 

7 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

My worry isn't those guys it's Casey playing Ellington and McGruder. They have a zillion wings 

Sheesh I forgot about Ellington. There’s a good chance they’ll keep him on the court for gravity purposes.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Anybody else think he will be capped out around 25mpg when dsj and possibly Hayes return , hurting his ROS outlook ?

Huh? They don't even play the same position lol. 

20 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Any chance he plays the b2b? Need a rebounder with Allen out cant decide between Diallo and Tate

Don’t Think he Will play b2b this season. Groin is a tricky injury (depends how bad it is) and they don’t NEED him to play this year

On 3/30/2021 at 10:05 PM, taenggg said:

30 year old Ellington?

You would think that wouldn't be the move for a tanking team, but Casey has been a super frustrating tank commander at times this year (I'm a Pistons fan).

Edited by sld12
  • Like 1
On 4/3/2021 at 6:07 PM, DonutGiveUp said:

Please fire Casey awful coach 

As a Mavs fan, he's quite a good coach (won CotY a few years back IIRC).  

Sorta weird in terms of development though.  Didn't do a great job with Killian Hayes, and refused to play Delon for a while (and then when Delon finally started and got hot, he got shipped to Kings behind Hali and Fox).  Playing Ellington and Plumlee over Stewart and JJ, or CoJo over Lee.  I guess he still needs to get the vets out a bit, but I'd be tossing out Bey and Stewart to get more experience.  Really, the only starter Casey should be playing as much as he is is Grant.

The FO seem really high on Diallo though, and I think it's more his injury problems than not wanting to develop him.  

Both Plumlee and Ellington sitting tonight so good chance he starts. Pistons might be resting their vets more and more as they look to the future.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, MWon said:

As a Mavs fan, he's quite a good coach (won CotY a few years back IIRC).  

Sorta weird in terms of development though.  Didn't do a great job with Killian Hayes, and refused to play Delon for a while (and then when Delon finally started and got hot, he got shipped to Kings behind Hali and Fox).  Playing Ellington and Plumlee over Stewart and JJ, or CoJo over Lee.  I guess he still needs to get the vets out a bit, but I'd be tossing out Bey and Stewart to get more experience.  Really, the only starter Casey should be playing as much as he is is Grant.

The FO seem really high on Diallo though, and I think it's more his injury problems than not wanting to develop him.  

Im a Raps fan and remember him very well. Hates playing young guys and can't adapt. He is too stubborn and old school. That team is loaded with young studs with massive potential who will vanish if Casey stays on. This is the same guy who will keep playing Plumlee, Ellington and CoJo big minutes 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Brown_Mamba said:

Why the fuk is Diallo not starting at this point. Fuking dogshit team

He's not as valuable (in the eyes of Pistons management) as Bey, and he's not much better than Josh Jackson. Pistons will give equal burn to these guys. 

Agreed with y'all. He seems like he'll be that 6th man scoring punch off the bench.  Still a little worried that he won't play in the B2Bs this week, but overall, his role on the team looks to be fairly solidified.  If you don't need treys, he's def worth a look in most leagues.