NBC Sports Edge Forums

1-9-21 NFL Saturday Wild Card Games Thread

I know it is more of a basketball move and TO are far move valuable in football especially in the 2nd half.  I would have liked a TO just to stop momentum and let the D figure out what the hell they were doing mid-drive.

Doesn't matter, they just stuffed the crap out of Taylor on the 2pt conversion.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anybody have the line on the Bomont/Chippa matchup today?

Just now, shakestreet said:

Most of them have no idea ... about football 

true. They just see that Rivers has no superbowl ring so it's automatically "he's terrible" and "playoff rivers strikes again",

meanwhile his playoff passer rating is only 2 points less than Roethlisberger. A guy who's considered a great playoff QB

Also I think most people here consider Matt Ryan to be bad. Buffoonery 

Just now, Chippa said:

true. They just see that Rivers has no superbowl ring so it's automatically "he's terrible" and "playoff rivers strikes again",

meanwhile his playoff passer rating is only 2 points less than Roethlisberger. A guy who's considered a great playoff QB

Also I think most people here consider Matt Ryan to be bad. Buffoonery 

Honestly, his throwing motion really bothers me, to the point where I stop using logic when watching him.

5 minutes ago, bomont said:

WTF?  Why go for 2?  What a ridiculous call. Colts need to hire an OC and not let Reich make the calls.

All the advanced metrics say it's the right call. Down 14, you increase your odds of winning by going for 2 after a TD. After the penalty, it was the right move. 

• Like 1

What is like to make stupid decisions and everyone knows it but because you are paid millions of dollars people give you the benefit of a doubt.  "Well maybe it is the analytics, and I just don't understand it.  They have just been uber aggressive...."

Meanwhile the dude at Starbucks who is "uber aggressive" and spills stuff trying to sprint around the place making a drink gets called an idiot and fired.

Everyone knows that was an idiotic move.  I wish they would just call him a moron.  I'd really love some unfiltered announcing.  Doesn't have to be profane.  Just some straight, "well Jim, that is what we call a stupid move. Straight derped there."

giphy.gif

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

All the advanced metrics say it's the right call. Down 14, you increase your odds of winning by going for 2 after a TD. After the penalty, it was the right move. 

Only if you make it. "Metrics" don't back that move at all. Made no sense, none.

• Like 2

Wow. Busted coverage?

Nice 2 pt grab too. Wow those blocking tight ends sure can catch

If Blankenship hadn't whiffed a chip shot FG, this is a tie game.

Edited by bomont

Awful lot of confusion in that secondary on very basic stuff.  Buffalo D isn't good. They have fallen apart in the 2nd half after a really solid 1st half.

Edited by Sternes