Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyler Glasnow 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Was just listening to one of my favorite pods (Rates and Barrels w/ Eno Saris).

They were talking about Command+ numbers and mentioned Glasnow as having pretty poor command, as well as being a 2 pitch pitcher.

Combine that with injury risk, his ADP of ~52 feels really dicey.

What say you?

Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s better and more talented than most pitchers but I’m not a fan. Throwing 100 mph isn’t as helpful when hitters start disregarding your one other pitch (his curve) and start teeing off 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Above all else he just doesn't go deep into games. His QS and W's are gonna take a hit. Yeah Wins are kind of unpredictable but when you're only going 5 or 6 innings, it hurts your chances. He's going to get very strong K's no doubt, but he's going around pick 50, which is just too much imo. He's barely throwing a first pitch strike 60% of the time, which ties into his lack of command.

averaged 5 IP per start in 2019

averaged 5 1/3 IP per start in 2020

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Cy Young this season. He developed a third pitch this offseason with the slider, and while it’s not amazing, it’s enough to keep hitters honest and give them another pitch to think about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, killa3312 said:

Cy Young this season. He developed a third pitch this offseason with the slider, and while it’s not amazing, it’s enough to keep hitters honest and give them another pitch to think about.

I'd still have to give the edge to Cole for AL Cy Young, but I love Glasnow this year at his ADP.  The only question is can he hold up for 180 innings?  He's never thrown more than 111 innings in any season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Between Glasnow or Cole for CY Young, [...] I'll happily let them duke it out. [...]

My preseason pick was Cole, but I am starting to believe this could be Glasnow's year.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FootballFan101 said:

I'd still have to give the edge to Cole for AL Cy Young, but I love Glasnow this year at his ADP.  The only question is can he hold up for 180 innings?  He's never thrown more than 111 innings in any season.

Out of curiosity (I honestly don't know) has he been eased along in the past or has he often been injured?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IncuRAM said:

Out of curiosity (I honestly don't know) has he been eased along in the past or has he often been injured?

Last year was a shortened season, two years ago he was injured for half the season, and before that when he was with the Pirates (who can't develop a pitcher to save their lives), he never performed well enough to stay in the rotation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FootballFan101 said:

Last year was a shortened season, two years ago he was injured for half the season, and before that when he was with the Pirates (who can't develop a pitcher to save their lives), he never performed well enough to stay in the rotation.

 

Or do the Pirates help develop them and before they come to fruition they trade them away 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...