NBC Sports Edge Forums

1/10/21 Sunday Wild Card Games Game Day Thread

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JuJu needs to stop running his mouth/dancing on logos It gives the other team that extra motivation. 

Steelers really started 11-0 and are the worst team in the playoffs. If the season started today these bums probably go 4-12.

Just now, crotchcrickets said:

tomlin on pace to get fired at half time

please no. Keep him in pittsburgh forever. I love it

Guy cant win without a Bill Cowher roster

Just now, Chippa said:

spacer.png

JuJu needs to stop running his mouth/dancing on logos

It gives the other team that extra motivation. 

Yep, in my opinion that did this. You NEVER give athletes like this fuel to play like their entire soul existence is on the line. This dude should be run out of town.

• Like 1

Ben Roethlisberger currently has a cap hit of 41 million next year, with 22 million dead if they cut the cord.  I don't think they have the stones, but I sure as hell would if I was in charge

5 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Ben Roethlisberger currently has a cap hit of 41 million next year, with 22 million dead if they cut the cord.  I don't think they have the stones, but I sure as hell would if I was in charge

But who can they even bring in? They aren't going to get even 1 of the top 5 qb's in the draft. I doubt they want Darnold or Wentz as neither seem like Steeler types. I think they are with Rothlisburger at least one more year until they can get some higher draft capitol going.

Edited by TennisDude
Just now, TennisDude said:

But who can they even bring in? They aren't going to get even 1 of the top 5 qb's in the draft. I doubt they want Darnold or Wentz as neither seem like Steeler types. I think they are with Rothlisburger at least one more year until they can get some draft capitol going.

Plz no. I’d prefer we just go 2-14 with heineke and draft a good QB in 2022

So just to make sure it's in the record here: the Steelers elected to punt the ball - while down by 28 points - in the first half - from the CLE 38 on 4th and 9 - while again - down by 28.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, TennisDude said:

But who can they even bring in? They aren't going to get even 1 of the top 5 qb's in the draft. I doubt they want Darnold or Wentz as neither seem like Steeler types. I think they are with Rothlisburger at least one more year until they can get some draft capitol going.

Probably what'll happen in the long run.  They don't make bold tear it down moves in Pittsburgh, so its probably a Last Dance type of offseason.  

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

So just to make sure it's in the record here: the Steelers elected to punt the ball - while down by 28 points - in the first half - from the CLE 38 on 4th and 9 - while again - down by 28.

Just now, TennisDude said:

Can't disagree. that's just insane to me. No balls at all. Yikes

I just gave up from watching that. Terrible. 

2 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

it'll be one of those 2. Darnold seems more like a steeler than Wentz. Darnold has that bully face

all you need is 1 season of indoctrination with pittsburgh, and you're in. 

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

it'll be one of those 2. Darnold seems more like a steeler than Wentz. Darnold has that bully face

all you need is 1 season of indoctrination with pittsburgh, and you're in. 

Personally, I don't think he'll sadly ever get away from that ghosts thing. I hope my Colts stay away from him.

This is one of the most ghoulish, ghastly playoff implosions I've seen. Having watched this crap since 1980 - I can safely say, gun to my head, I can't recall a more horrific meltdown in these circumstances. Oilers vs Reich's Bills I suppose best example but that was from the other direction than what we're seeing here.