NBC Sports Edge Forums

A great thread here on the breakout rookie.

Highlights: good plate discipline and all field approach. Should be a good batting average play, although expect regression based on BABIP.

A ground ball machine who likely won't tap into his power if/until he adjusts his swing to increase LA.

The comps are a young Freddie Freeman or Anthony Rizzo, but I always think Eric Hosmer when I see this approach.

Current ADP of 101 and probably climbing. I'm probably a pass there as I hopefully already have my 1B & 3B by then and would probably prefer to wait on CI or UT.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, BCMarch10 said:

This kid is young and has talent. I'm thinking .280 BA and 28 HR for 2021 season.

28 HRs is really aggressive. Steamer is the most bullish on his power and project him for 22. Most models have him at 19.

Unless he's really changed his approach, I see no real reason to expect him to scare 30 HRs.

• Like 5

He should get 600 AB and I think he's ready to take off. I agree that 28 HR may be a reach for him. Just a hunch based on his upside. But I like his career line on BA, OBP and OPS (including minors too). He's a big dude that makes contact and should eventually hit them over the fence.

I love Bohm as a player but frankly I think he's overpriced going into 2021 at NFC #103.  I agree wholeheartedly with @89Topps that he won't scratch 30 HRs, so how is a line of .280 - 18 - 75 - 90 - 5 worth a top 100 pick?  I'm giving him the AVG and the R because he's got a great hit tool and will hit 2nd in the PHI lineup behind Cutch and in front of Harper/Realmuto/Hoskins.  That is a very nice place to be hitting but those numbers are basically Escobar/Davis with more AVG.  Hayes and Urshela are going 30 picks later and should put up similar lines.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
4 hours ago, En Votto Veritas said:

I love Bohm as a player but frankly I think he's overpriced going into 2021 at NFC #103.  I agree wholeheartedly with @89Topps that he won't scratch 30 HRs, so how is a line of .280 - 18 - 75 - 90 - 5 worth a top 100 pick?  I'm giving him the AVG and the R because he's got a great hit tool and will hit 2nd in the PHI lineup behind Cutch and in front of Harper/Realmuto/Hoskins.  That is a very nice place to be hitting but those numbers are basically Escobar/Davis with more AVG.  Hayes and Urshela are going 30 picks later and should put up similar lines.  🤷‍♂️

Urshela actually 50 picks later. 

1 hour ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

How's this dude 6' 5" 218 lbs. and not gonna get to +25 HR on the regular? Can't believe people are projecting him for under 20. I'm bullish on this kid. He's gonna be a star.

Hitting homeruns isn't only about height and weight.  It's more about swing path and quality of bat to ball contact IMO.  Jose Altuve is a great example of this.  As of last season Bohm beat the ball into the ground on a regular basis and I am with the majority in this thread that feel that a swing change is necessary for him to reach 25 HR.  Bohm already hits the ball hard and hopefully a minor tweak to his swing will give him the lift he needs to put the ball over the fence more.  

Edited by damana
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

How's this dude 6' 5" 218 lbs. and not gonna get to +25 HR on the regular? Can't believe people are projecting him for under 20. I'm bullish on this kid. He's gonna be a star.

Jason Heyward is 6'5" 240 lbs and has hit 20 hr twice. Hopefully, Bohm isn't an outlier like that

• Like 5
23 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

He likes to hit the ball not up in the air.

But that can change. Hes a nice target if yoy think he can hit 25 HR, while hoping he adjusts his swing a little 

Edited by 2ndCitySox
17 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

He likes to hit the ball not up in the air.

But that can change. Hes a nice target if yoy think he can hit 25 HR, while hoping he adjusts his swing a little 

Yea that's the key with his ADP: .290 25 returns top 100 value.  .275 18-20 and he's overpriced.  

On 2/3/2021 at 12:06 PM, BCMarch10 said:

Agreed, if you're talking about Bohm for only the 2021 season. MUCH different analysis if you're in a keeper or dynasty league. 

2021 appears to be valued in drafts as a top 100-110 player.  Where would you rank him in a dynasty/keeper league?

This guy doesn’t interest me in the slightest right now. He’s young so room for more improvement but right now he’s Eric Hosmer in KC. You just need so much more from 1B and all those ground balls won’t help you

• Like 1
13 hours ago, UberRebel said:

This guy doesn’t interest me in the slightest right now. He’s young so room for more improvement but right now he’s Eric Hosmer in KC. You just need so much more from 1B and all those ground balls won’t help you

Alec Bohm plays 3B.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, collucho said:

My guy is STRUGGLING.

Could be a great spot to buy low here. 

Starting to wonder if next year is the year he breaks out and this year he goes through his growing pains.  Still going to give him some more time but he has been absolutely brutal so far.