Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Mongeese said:

The league wide average is 232.  We might need to rethink what qualifies as good these days.

 

(but, yeah, under 200 is still not good)

It’s not just his average though. .247 OBP, 53 wRC+, -.2 fWAR.

 Guy has been atrocious at the plate.

 Can’t imagine they’re close to sitting him, but if this goes on for another couple weeks, they might have to.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ground balls don't fly further in Philadephia tho...

Jason Heyward is 6'5" 240 lbs and has hit 20 hr twice. Hopefully, Bohm isn't an outlier like that

28 HRs is really aggressive. Steamer is the most bullish on his power and project him for 22. Most models have him at 19. Unless he's really changed his approach, I see no real reason to expect h

Posted Images

His BABIP in 2020 was .410. This year its down to .262. 

Hard hit % is up. Line drive and Fly ball %s are both up from last year.

Granted last year and this year are both extremely small sample sizes. I believe from looking at the numbers that he is due for some positive regression.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, octapuss said:

Is this dude a buy low?

 

can't buy him any other way but low.  Waiting on a hot streak that seems to never come. Hits a homer then nothing for 5 games again

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, octapuss said:

Is this dude a buy low?

 

I think he's a definite buy low in a keeper/dynasty, and I would probably buy him low in a redraft as well. It's not like he's the only guy in the majors hitting for low AVG right now. Everyone seems to be (at least on my team.) The reason I traded for Bohm this preseason is because I've always viewed him as a high AVG guy who could hit for some power. I've actually seen articles on him comparing him to a young Freddie Freeman which I obviously loved. Regardless, I think the AVG will climb as he continues to adjust to major league pitching, and I still think he can be an above average source of power at 3B. These kids in the majors just seem to keep getting younger and younger, so it's often easy to forget that he's only 24 years old. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Maybe it's just me, but these are the times I wonder: Why didn't they just name him Adam? Why?

Things could have been so different.

Or even "Da." 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, collucho said:

This guy needs to start producing. 

Maybe if we say please he will start hitting better. He very underwelming and blah.  I just know If I bench him one week he go 12-31 with 4 bombs 4 dbls 12 ribs and steal 3 bases. The joke still stands with him . Who bats after Alec Bohm? Answer: The other team.

 

Edited by mks
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mks said:

Maybe if we say please he will start hitting better. He very underwelming and blah.  I just know If I bench him one week he go 12-31 with 4 bombs 4 dbls 12 ribs and steal 3 bases. The joke still stands with him . Who bats after Alec Bohm? Answer: The other team.

I think you should bench him in that case. Take one ferda team. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, collucho said:

I think you should bench him in that case. Take one ferda team. 

Nope i don't fall on the sword for no one.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's hitting the ball really hard, and has one of the biggest differences in wOBA vs xwOBA and his expected numbers on balls he actually puts in play is even higher. Problem is he's been horrendous in terms of K/BB. That is one of the lesser concerns with him as his plate approach was his calling card. Seems like he heard the numerous places saying he was a launch angle/power increase away from being a stud and is swinging out of his shoes. Hopefully he goes back to being a good hitter and slowly incorporate more power, rather than trying to add it all overnight. With the way this season has gone a .300/20HR guy is much more valuable than a .220/40HR guy, and right now I think he only has the ability to be one of those guys, and he's trying to be the wrong one. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

He's hitting the ball really hard, and has one of the biggest differences in wOBA vs xwOBA and his expected numbers on balls he actually puts in play is even higher. Problem is he's been horrendous in terms of K/BB. That is one of the lesser concerns with him as his plate approach was his calling card. Seems like he heard the numerous places saying he was a launch angle/power increase away from being a stud and is swinging out of his shoes. Hopefully he goes back to being a good hitter and slowly incorporate more power, rather than trying to add it all overnight. With the way this season has gone a .300/20HR guy is much more valuable than a .220/40HR guy, and right now I think he only has the ability to be one of those guys, and he's trying to be the wrong one. 

His K rate is not THAT bad. But yea, BB% sucks, as does his launch angle. Two areas you don’t really want to see numbers starting with a 4.

I wasn’t a buyer to begin with cause I don’t  care for the early Eric Hosmer, worm killer types, but I didn’t think he’d be THIS bad.  At least he’s driving guys in at an ok clip and has stolen a few bags.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Batting 5th tonight. I know this most likely has no weight in determining anything at all but hey I'm bored. Looking at his splits, he is batting .333 when placed anywhere in the lineup other than the 5th or 6th spot. He is abysmal from the 6th hole though. His output from the 5 is much better but still garbage.

image.thumb.png.d46bc2eefbb16ecaa2dab9eed4ba9e4b.png

However...

image.png.ab868cc19f6092d782bd4660a7078692.png

Signs of hope?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2021 at 2:53 PM, collucho said:

Batting 5th tonight. I know this most likely has no weight in determining anything at all but hey I'm bored. Looking at his splits, he is batting .333 when placed anywhere in the lineup other than the 5th or 6th spot. He is abysmal from the 6th hole though. His output from the 5 is much better but still garbage.

image.thumb.png.d46bc2eefbb16ecaa2dab9eed4ba9e4b.png

However...

image.png.ab868cc19f6092d782bd4660a7078692.png

Signs of hope?

That’s interesting, but he doesn’t really have enough plate appearances outside of the 5 spot to make that anything other than statistical noise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, collucho said:

Ownership dropping fast. 

I mean unless you're in a deep fantasy league, I don't think he's worth holding at this point. It's the time of the year where ya gotta start cutting dead weight. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, High&Inside said:

I mean unless you're in a deep fantasy league, I don't think he's worth holding at this point. It's the time of the year where ya gotta start cutting dead weight. 

Deep or keeper leagues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...