NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tim Anderson 2021 Outlook

Even as a White Sox fan, I've refused to draft Tim Anderson for the entirety of his career. 

One of those guys who you look at the underlying statistics and wonder what the hell is going on. He's a guy that looks like he should hit .250 yet he's out here winning batting titles at like .330 or whatever.

This year I am willing to draft him. He's continued to get better and he is nearing superstar status with the way he holds himself. He's confident and clearly something is working for him. 

I won't be targeting him... but if I feel he's going too late, I will grab him happily and enjoy watching him. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, BradMaddox said:

News?

All speculation of course,but he's clearly wincing running down the line.  We've seen this hundreds of times. Pulled hamstring 3 to 8 weeks.  Will have to wait to hear how bad it was.

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

ESPN announcers at the game just announced it was his left hammy and he is considered day to day.

That's probably the best outcome we could have hoped for here.

Although multiple sources are saying "tight " and not "pulled" or the dreaded "torn" ,I'll reserve my optimism.  He looked like he was in pain and there has been no word on the severity.  Did anyone see him walk off the field?

8 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Although multiple sources are saying "tight " and not "pulled" or the dreaded "torn" ,I'll reserve my optimism.  He looked like he was in pain and there has been no word on the severity.  Did anyone see him walk off the field?

Yes he walked off the field fine enough given he winced some.  In fact no one knew he was officially out of the game until Chicago took the field in the bottom of the inning.

Tim Anderson was pulled from Sunday night's game against the Angels due to tightness in his left hamstring.

Anderson sustained the injury while hustling down the line on a ground out in the opening inning.  Fortunately, it sounds like it's only a minor issue and he's being considered day-to-day. Make sure to check the White Sox lineup card for Monday's series opener against the Mariners to be sure, but it sounds like he's in the clear and shouldn't miss any additional time.

Source: Chicago White Sox on Twitter                  Apr 4, 2021, 9:39 PM ET

I'll take the word "tightness" any day.

But given how cautious they are with players these days I wouldn't be surprised if he gets tomorrow off and possibly is a DH for a day or two given how demanding SS is.  Of course that would mean ham-fisted Mercedes would have to play in the field.  So time will tell.  I'm just not counting on him tomorrow for sure.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BradMaddox said:

Any news on him?

Sounds like encouraging news. MRI came back good. Best case scenario is Thurs. start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 2:39 PM, Hanghow said:

Already bracing myself for another offseason of "he can't maintain this BABIP" takes.

No sign of the Regression Police lately. Anderson was SS3ish in 5x5 heading into today, and with today's 2-4 and a smash, he's got FTJ and Trea in his sights. I was always hesitant to buy in because the profile is so unique, but some guys get it done in a different way, and for the standard 5x5 roto game, Tim is looking like a lock to earn his 4th round draft value if he stays healthy. 

• Like 2

I am starting to feel comfortable with him actually being a real-deal stud at this point. Let's say the BABIP gods do wake up and throw a lightning bolt down on his BA, he's still a .275ish hitter that'll go 25-25 or so with a ridiculous amount of runs scored. He's definitely found an approach that works for him, punching lots of balls through the right side like it's the 1910s, and picking his spots to swing for the fences. I think his power is actually undervalued with most still thinking of him as 17-20 HR guy, but he's hit 15 in 337 AB since the start of 2020, which might mean he's elevating to a slightly higher tier in that cat.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Out the lineup two games in a row. Any Sox fan have any insight onto what possible injury he may have?

• Thanks 1