Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Eloy Jimenez 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This seems notable... After seeing this I grabbed him to stash in my 10 teamer

Posted Images

1 hour ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Andrew Vaughn is going to be starting in LF next game per LaRussa. 

Well there's our answer to the Tetris issue involving Eloy and DH. I guess this was the straw that broke the camel's back. It's a shame it had to get this bad, there was so much foreshadowing that Eloy was going to hurt himself playing in the OF. I still love Eloy's bat long-term but man this blows right now, so disappointed. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, colorado2013 said:

 

Isn't he dealing with some allegations of sexual misconduct of some sort?

He is.  They should try to sign Cespedes or Edwin again to fill the void this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Andrew Vaughn is going to be starting in LF next game per LaRussa. 

I give him a month maximum in LF before he's hurt too. And honestly I want nothing to do with the White Sox pitching staff. They could have a very bad defensive team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why this is at all surprising to anyone - absolutely bound to happen sometime this year.  With the Cubs, the FO knew he was a complete butcher in the OF.

The kid just needs to be a full-time DH, end of story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, murraygd13 said:

I give him a month maximum in LF before he's hurt too. And honestly I want nothing to do with the White Sox pitching staff. They could have a very bad defensive team.

Not even Giolito?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

I give him a month maximum in LF before he's hurt too. And honestly I want nothing to do with the White Sox pitching staff. They could have a very bad defensive team.

No...their defense is solid around the diamond and now could be upgraded in left field no matter who they put there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ryno1980 said:

No...their defense is solid around the diamond and now could be upgraded in left field no matter who they put there. 

They could put my boy Manny Ramirez in left and it would be a defensive upgrade

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

I give him a month maximum in LF before he's hurt too. And honestly I want nothing to do with the White Sox pitching staff. They could have a very bad defensive team.

Bad info right here.  Robert, Engel, and presumably Madrigal will be gold glove caliber.  Moncada is a slick fielder at 3B with room for improvement.  Tim Anderson has great range with questionable accuracy on his throws to first.  Grandal has the rep of being the pitch-framing king.  So we’re left with LF and 1B, which are the traditional spots to put big burly sluggers that don’t field too well.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Bad info right here.  Robert, Engel, and presumably Madrigal will be gold glove caliber.  Moncada is a slick fielder at 3B with room for improvement.  Tim Anderson has great range with questionable accuracy on his throws to first.  Grandal has the rep of being the pitch-framing king.  So we’re left with LF and 1B, which are the traditional spots to put big burly sluggers that don’t field too well.

The White Sox were 8th in defensive WAR in 2020 and just lost a massive liability on defense. I know Vaughn probably isn't much of an improvement, but I'm also not sure how this makes them bad defensively.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

  So we’re left with LF and 1B, which are the traditional spots to put big burly sluggers that don’t field too well.

I can think of an even more traditional spot for American League big burly sluggers that don't field too well.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It just crossed my mind that with the pandemic-shortened season, plus this season basically being wiped out by Eloy's boneheadedness, he just lost 50 HR (more likely 70) from his career total. I still expect multiple seasons of .290+  40+  100+ but these two years will really hurt his overall numbers. Going to be real tough to get to 500 now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ecofolux said:

It just crossed my mind that with the pandemic-shortened season, plus this season basically being wiped out by Eloy's boneheadedness, he just lost 50 HR (more likely 70) from his career total. I still expect multiple seasons of .290+  40+  100+ but these two years will really hurt his overall numbers. Going to be real tough to get to 500 now.

good point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ecofolux said:

Going to be real tough to get to 500 now.

Since there are only 27 players in the 500 Club, I think it was going to be real tough anyway.  ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, The General said:

Players have to be placed on the IL by this evening, right? Anyone aware of how this works?

Probably, or tomorrow. Fantasy leagues aren't gonna give him the IL tag until the team places him on the IL

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the timetable dropped to 4-5 months.. It'd be smart to pick him up and stash in leagues with multiple IL spots, I just scooped him in my 3-IL league. No harm in holding him there until multiple injuries force your hand. If he comes back on the early end of that timetable, you get 8 weeks of 4th round value for free.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Miketrout009 said:

Where do you see the 4 to 5 months timeline?

Jon Heyman on Twitter.  But Rick Hahn doubled down on 5-6 months later on that day so as not to give anyone false hope, which is the smart move.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Olliemets said:

Apparently the timetable dropped to 4-5 months.. It'd be smart to pick him up and stash in leagues with multiple IL spots, I just scooped him in my 3-IL league. No harm in holding him there until multiple injuries force your hand.

Did just that in a 3-IL league.  I can see myself dropping him at some point once the bodies start to pile up though.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...