NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a term for the length of time one would reasonably expect a player to require before returning from a hip flexor strain, but that isn't important right now.

Basically he's either Willie Mays or Lewis Brinson.    Draft accordingly. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Anyone feel like if the white Sox are one of the best teams in baseball In late august they get him back a little sooner barring no setbacks ?

If thats the case they wont rush him or Eloy.

7 minutes ago, Evincar said:

If thats the case they wont rush him or Eloy.

Do you think we see him again this season at all? Trying to decide whether to hold or drop and clear an IL spot for someone 

On 5/11/2021 at 9:55 PM, mevins31 said:

Do you think we see him again this season at all? Trying to decide whether to hold or drop and clear an IL spot for someone 

Wondering the same thing. Also in a deeper league so trying to trade him off as a potential keeper but not sure if anyone will bite 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Willsea33 said:

Wondering the same thing. Also in a deeper league so trying to trade him off as a potential keeper but not sure if anyone will bite 

Doubful anyone will bite. This is a serious injury. It's possible he's never a 30sb threat again. Just keep him and pray his ceiling just didn't become a lot lower.

And in reality, 30sb was only a threat. He's never done it in the majors.

3 hours ago, papasmurf said:

Doubful anyone will bite. This is a serious injury. It's possible he's never a 30sb threat again. Just keep him and pray his ceiling just didn't become a lot lower.

And in reality, 30sb was only a threat. He's never done it in the majors.

Haven’t read anywhere that there will be permanent damage to him, but I could have missed it

18 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Haven’t read anywhere that there will be permanent damage to him, but I could have missed it

Guy has a grade 3 hip flexor strain, meaning a complete tear of the muscle fibers.

There ain't no guarantees about his recovery curve.

5 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Guy has a grade 3 hip flexor strain, meaning a complete tear of the muscle fibers.

There ain't no guarantees about his recovery curve.

OVERLORD!!!
Please do not strike me with lightning …Not necessarily true - Doctors indicating he should not have further issues once recovered.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/white-sox/2021/5/5/22421934/luis-roberts-injury-shouldnt-have-lingering-effects

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BobaFett said:

OVERLORD!!!
Please do not strike me with lightning …Not necessarily true - Doctors indicating he should not have further issues once recovered.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/white-sox/2021/5/5/22421934/luis-roberts-injury-shouldnt-have-lingering-effects

I SAID NO DISINTEGRATIONS of hip flexor muscles.

TemptingBlackandwhiteHoneycreeper-max-1m

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)

This is not the most exciting Of updates but I am hoping it serves as helpful to those who have him in a yearly, and doesn’t get deleted. I texted a friend I have with the White Sox to ask any update on him and the exact response I got verbatim was:

”Give him until the end of august.”

Personally I feel that’s too quick I had last two weeks of September in my head and the postseason but the organization seems to think they’ll have him back end of summer. Not sure how that lines up with 12-16 weeks, but I didn’t know if that meant 12-16 until he’s back or until he resumes any activity at all not including rehab +

edit: only other thing he told me and I asked on a lot, was there is no concern of Long term injury which was already stated in the thread. 

Edited by mevins31
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Resuming baseball activity rehab stint in august

This is good news for the Whitesox, but the time table may be less beneficial for fantasy owners.  It's 6 to 8 weeks till he sees the majors.  That could potentially mean late August or early September.  Mid August is looking like best case.

1 minute ago, dicka24 said:

This is good news for the Whitesox, but the time table may be less beneficial for fantasy owners.  It's 6 to 8 weeks till he sees the majors.  That could potentially mean late August or early September.  Mid August is looking like best case.

I own him in a dynasty. Just hope to see him play some baseball with arrow pointing up into next season. In redraft it’s hard to say his impact 

2 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

I own him in a dynasty. Just hope to see him play some baseball with arrow pointing up into next season. In redraft it’s hard to say his impact 

For dynasty leagues and keeper this is a positive for sure.  Seeing him back, having him get some reps this year so he can get a feel for where his body is, and not go into next season without any major league reps is big.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, BMcP said:

I’ll wait for the one-armed man to chime in

What do you mean, and what does it have with Luis Robert playing baseball again? 

25 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

spacer.png

Ah it went over Sly's head, I see what you did there. I did wonder if I made some statement on this thread earlier like he's done for the year for sure, I think all I posted was the Thanos meme and one other comment trying to be positive before the prognosis was issued, so I'm just as much in the clouds about him as the rest of you all. Regardless of his value ROS, if he makes it back sooner its probably a 50 rank bump next season, maybe just outside the top 100. He was going to be super cheap if he didn't come back until September or not at all.

• Haha 1