NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Luis Robert 2021 Outlook

7 hours ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

spacer.png

Sorry. There are enforced rules here that pertain to some but not all. I’m just here to talk baseball, fantasy baseball, and in this thread Luis Robert. It’s always the same couple guys who have the jokes and self congratulate and meme. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Sorry. There are enforced rules here that pertain to some but not all. I’m just here to talk baseball, fantasy baseball, and in this thread Luis Robert. It’s always the same couple guys who have the jokes and self congratulate and meme. 

I will not be that poster to specifically address any contribution to threads on this forum.  While I don't "self congratulate" I do love an appropriate .gif when it is relevant.  The one-armed man = very famous show/movie that deals with its key character Richard Kimble (also a worth contributor to this message forum).

Robert should be back sometime in August (and may even be early-August).  Bonus White Sox.

Edited by IlliniGuy76
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 7:52 PM, Richard Kimble said:

Just throwing this out there into the universe: Robert makes a miraculous made-for-TV return for the "Field of Dreams" game on August 12th against the Yankees. C'mon, let's see it happen.

I want him to parachute in from an F-15

• Like 2

On 5/26/2021 at 2:33 PM, mevins31 said:

This is not the most exciting Of updates but I am hoping it serves as helpful to those who have him in a yearly, and doesn’t get deleted. I texted a friend I have with the White Sox to ask any update on him and the exact response I got verbatim was:

”Give him until the end of august.”

Personally I feel that’s too quick I had last two weeks of September in my head and the postseason but the organization seems to think they’ll have him back end of summer. Not sure how that lines up with 12-16 weeks, but I didn’t know if that meant 12-16 until he’s back or until he resumes any activity at all not including rehab +

edit: only other thing he told me and I asked on a lot, was there is no concern of Long term injury which was already stated in the thread. 

Looking like could be consistent with what I was told 

2 hours ago, cs3 said:

Did you really just quote yourself?

Again?

I appreciate all the times you’ve told me in May when a player would be back that could be lost for the season so you could have good info you got to make a decision on your roster. Wait… you’ve never done that? 

On 7/13/2021 at 7:52 PM, Richard Kimble said:

Just throwing this out there into the universe: Robert makes a miraculous made-for-TV return for the "Field of Dreams" game on August 12th against the Yankees. C'mon, let's see it happen.

From a Sun Times article this morning:

"Now, if he uses the full 20 days allowed for a minor-league rehab stint, Robert could be back, along with Jimenez likely returning before him, for the Field of Dreams game against the Yankees in Dyersville, Iowa, on Aug. 12."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

From a Sun Times article this morning:

"Now, if he uses the full 20 days allowed for a minor-league rehab stint, Robert could be back, along with Jimenez likely returning before him, for the Field of Dreams game against the Yankees in Dyersville, Iowa, on Aug. 12."

Yaaasssssss! The Sox don't need to rush either guy back right now, as all of a sudden role players like Goodwin, Burger and Sheets are producing, even Vaughn has shown signs of life, so they will be cautious in bringing Eloy and Luis back. Going to be a made for TV moment when he parachutes in and walks out of the cornfield.

1 hour ago, Richard Kimble said:

Yaaasssssss! The Sox don't need to rush either guy back right now, as all of a sudden role players like Goodwin, Burger and Sheets are producing, even Vaughn has shown signs of life, so they will be cautious in bringing Eloy and Luis back. Going to be a made for TV moment when he parachutes in and walks out of the cornfield.

Old Time Family Baseball — The Greatest Baseball Movie GIFS Of All-Time -...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like they are trying to move him through quickly.

July 27, 2021
Robert (hip) will shift his rehab assignment from High-A Winston-Salem to Triple-A Charlotte on Tuesday, Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
ANALYSIS
The move up to Triple-A marks the final step in Robert's rehab program for his Grade 3 right hip flexor strain, which has kept him on the injured list since early May. Robert drew favorable reviews during his recent four-game rehab assignment at Winston-Salem, going 3-for-12 with a double and a 1:3 BB:K. The White Sox will presumably want to see Robert play at least one or two full games in the outfield before reinstating him from the 60-day IL, a move that could happen as soon as this weekend's home series versus Cleveland. Given the multi-category upside he's displayed when healthy over his two seasons in the majors, Robert needs to be stashed on a roster in all but the shallowest of fantasy leagues.
  • Like 1

I think he'll need more than a couple games at AAA. I watched some his ABs from A+, they mostly pitched him breaking balls away & he just couldn't lay off. I'd rather have him work back in AAA for several games than have to decide whether or not to start him knowing he'll probably struggle at first.

1 hour ago, Resident A-hole said:

I think he'll need more than a couple games at AAA. I watched some his ABs from A+, they mostly pitched him breaking balls away & he just couldn't lay off. I'd rather have him work back in AAA for several games than have to decide whether or not to start him knowing he'll probably struggle at first.

There's a reason for this - Luis Robert throughout his ML career hasn't been able to lay off ANY breaking balls.

Played a 9 innings last night. I think a few more full games and health-wise he will be ready to come back.

Robert went 0-for-2 with a walk and was hit by a pitch for Triple-A Charlotte on Tuesday.

ROTOWIRE RECOMMENDS: Robert had his rehab assignment to Triple-A Charlotte, and this was his first game with the Knights. He started in center field, batted leadoff, and played nine innings in the field before leaving for a pinch hitter in the bottom of the ninth inning. He was hit by a pitch in the seventh inning and stayed in the game, so there does not appear to be any concern regarding that. The White Sox have not put a timetable on Robert's return, but he's allowed a maximum of 20 days on a rehab stint. If he uses the full allotment of time, the latest he would return is Aug. 12.

• Like 1