NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Luis Robert 2021 Outlook

7 games into his rehab stint. 

6-21; 2 2B; 3 BB, 1 SB; 7 Ks

Yesterday was his first full 9 innings in CF. This was the game he got that SB. Barring any set backs I am hoping the call him up on 8/3 for the start of the Royals series.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

CF Luis Robert (right hip flexor tear)
Expected return: Week of Aug. 8
Robert is 6-for-22 with three RBIs and one stolen base during his injury rehab assignment with High-A Winston-Salem and now Triple-A Charlotte. White Sox manager Tony La Russa has heard nothing but positives about Robert’s work. 

“[Charlotte manager] Wes [Helms] sent a text to all of us just really talking how well Luis was moving, whether it’s defensively or running the bases or the kind of at-bats he’s having,” La Russa said. “I still think he’s quite a few at-bats short. We’re thinking he’s got enough timing, but really positive report about his progress.” 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, herschel said:

Where do we think he slots into the lineup?

Probably 7th to start. TA-Hernandez-Abreu-Eloy-Moncada-Vaughn seem to have 1-6 locked down. I suppose he could jump to the 2 slot if he plays well out the gate and Hernandez slumps.

• Like 1

Monster game last night, 3-4 with a combo meal. Its gonna be a fun final few months for those who held or stashed Robert. 

Side note, am I the only one out here stubbornly refusing to pronounce his last name like a first name? I use the French enunciation, Ro-bear, I don't care. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Good to see my favorite Loubob Smurf back and looking good.

Stay healthy Louie B.

I have a team with him, Castillo and Garcia that I have re-dubbed "Tres Luisketeers" for the stretch run, and plan on drafting those 3 again next season for the same purpose. I'm still going to pronounce his last name French style anyway, so might as well keep the theme 🤺

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

So he's not even attempting to steal and yet he's been a complete stud since coming back.  Hitting in front of Abreu and Eloy certainly doesn't hurt his value.  

We all share in your joy of owning them!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Hitting in front of Abreu and Eloy certainly doesn't hurt his value.  

Yeah, the CHW lineup as a whole is pretty crazy when fully healthy. 

Anderson 

Robert 

Abreu 

Eloy 

Moncada 

Grandal 

Vaughn 

Hernandez 

Garcia 

Yeesh… 

• 3 weeks later...

Man, this guy. Not even worried about him not running now since his hip is still not 100% and they're coasting until the playoffs.

Reasonable ceiling of 30-25 with 200 R+RBI and a much higher floor on the BA than most of us previously projected. He's looking so much better than last year. K rate barely at 20%, EV has jumped to 91, xBA nearly .290. Big difference is that he's swinging at a marginally higher amount of pitches in the zone, and actually hitting a ton more of those pitches. YOY whiff% has dropped from 42 to 27%. And his days of hitting at the bottom of the order are well and truly ******** over, thankfully.

I want him on all my teams because it seems so obvious that 2022 is going to be his monster breakout season. Really curious how high his ADP will be though.

Edited by sleepysock

10 hours ago, sleepysock said:

Man, this guy. Not even worried about him not running now since his hip is still not 100% and they're coasting until the playoffs.

Reasonable ceiling of 30-25 with 200 R+RBI and a much higher floor on the BA than most of us previously projected. He's looking so much better than last year. K rate barely at 20%, EV has jumped to 91, xBA nearly .290. Big difference is that he's swinging at a marginally higher amount of pitches in the zone, and actually hitting a ton more of those pitches. YOY whiff% has dropped from 42 to 27%. And his days of hitting at the bottom of the order are well and truly ******** over, thankfully.

I want him on all my teams because it seems so obvious that 2022 is going to be his monster breakout season. Really curious how high his ADP will be though.

Well ADP was in the 30’s this year, and he has offset the visible gains in ability with doubts about his durability, so I’m guessing slightly lower as the hype wears off some. 

On 9/15/2021 at 8:43 AM, 80version said:

Well ADP was in the 30’s this year, and he has offset the visible gains in ability with doubts about his durability, so I’m guessing slightly lower as the hype wears off some. 

I'd be cool with that. I'm afraid at this point that I'm gonna get sniped by guys taking him in the second round if he doesn't cool off before the season ends.