NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Moritz Wagner 2020-2021 Outlook

It doesn't help that they signed Jordan Bell too to eat up big man minutes.

42 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Per minute monster just needs to stay out of foul trouble. Wiz are absolute trash and should be starting him but we all know Brooks thinks RoLo is Shaq 2.0

19 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

It doesn't help that they signed Jordan Bell too to eat up big man minutes.

Bell is on a 10 day and likely won't be brought back and I think the Len/Bell signings were mainly so they can field a team to play

5 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

The fact that Moritz is spelled Mortiz on the thread title is killing me. Can anybody change it? lol

I hadn't even noticed that until you mentioned it lol

• Haha 1

• JFS179 changed the title to Moritz Wagner 2020-2021 Outlook
9 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

Got the most minutes today over RoLo and Len. Efficient shooting and the best +/- of the 3 tonight are likely unsustainable but it's a definite good step.

Noice. You know I'm on it. Thanks @tazdingo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Noice. You know I'm on it. Thanks @tazdingo.

You know it my dude. We gotta watch out of everyone's backs here who only have 1 or 2 decent centers. 😂

I forgot to mention though that Bertans was playing the 5 at the end of the game (prolly to match Jeff Green at the 5) so we shouldn't keep out hopes up too high just yet.

3 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

You know it my dude. We gotta watch out of everyone's backs here who only have 1 or 2 decent centers. 😂

I forgot to mention though that Bertans was playing the 5 at the end of the game (prolly to match Jeff Green at the 5) so we shouldn't keep out hopes up too high just yet.

It was a bit of a bummer to see that, but Wagner played almost 12 consecutive minutes until that moment

He was an absolute spark and the whole team was feeding off him. Came in with 3 minutes left in the 1st q and instantly helped spark their first run. Came in with 6 minutes left in the 3rd q and basically played 13 straight minutes. He was amazing. Me and all my fantasy mates were watching the game and I'm surprised none of them grabbed him with how much he popped off the screen.

20 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

He was an absolute spark and the whole team was feeding off him. Came in with 3 minutes left in the 1st q and instantly helped spark their first run. Came in with 6 minutes left in the 3rd q and basically played 13 straight minutes. He was amazing. Me and all my fantasy mates were watching the game and I'm surprised none of them grabbed him with how much he popped off the screen.

Yes, this. I just watched the extended highlights. Mo looks springy, scrappy, and has range for a shot. These are things RoLo and Len do NOT have at all. And Bertans is allergic to the paint (cannot play C).

So, anyone else think Mo can start? Perfect C to play with Westy and Beal, who can drive and dish to a guy like Mo every once in a while. Those other Cs just muck up the paint, making it impossible to play the modern offense.

Edited by hornrimmed_rambis
typo

8 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Yes, this. I just watched the extended highlights. Mo looks springy, scrappy, and has range for a shot. These are things RoLo and Len do NOT have at all. And Bertans is allergic to the paint (cannot play C).

So, anyone else think Mo can start? Perfect C to play with Westy and Beal, who can drive and dish to a guy like Mo every once in a while. Those other Cs just muck up the paint, making it impossible to play the modern offense.

He got 13 minutes in the 2nd half so I think thats a good sign. Brooks never went back to Len. I'm going to add him when my pick ups are reset. Lets see what we have here.

Picking him up as soon as the day passes for the 4 game stream in the coming week. Was great last year and even in 20 minutes, I would probably take him over my drop (Burks). Could be a stash given Washington's season is quickly going nowhere. Or maybe even as soon as next game he gets more minutes or starts.

How many minutes do we think Wagner needs to be 12T rosterable. I know he is a per36 minute monster but there should still be a baseline we should expect to see.

My thinking is all it takes is about 20 minutes which is what he got last night. Do we think that was purely because they were in a wild shootout with a BKN team that is small up front or are they slowly transitioning minutes to him?

1 minute ago, FantasyMamba said:

My thinking is all it takes is about 20 minutes which is what he got last night. Do we think that was purely because they were in a wild shootout with a BKN team that is small up front or are they slowly transitioning minutes to him?

Washington's terrible in defense and playing Wagner or Bertans at 5 solidifies the rebounding issue. Robin Lopez is good at that area. Brooklyn's defense is terrible as well. Every guy seems to have career night against them. 

Personally I'm gonna monitor him another game against an opponent not named Nets. 

47 minutes ago, LukasPass said:

Washington's terrible in defense and playing Wagner or Bertans at 5 solidifies the rebounding issue. Robin Lopez is good at that area. Brooklyn's defense is terrible as well. Every guy seems to have career night against them. 

Personally I'm gonna monitor him another game against an opponent not named Nets. 

He's always been a great per minute player. This was known since last year when he was 1 year younger and this was against various teams. Most people here are wondering if he has a pathway to 22+ minutes because he can deliver under those circumstances. As a starter Robin Lopez has averaged 27 minutes in his career. In starts for the Wizards he's averaging 23 minutes. That's 25 minutes left for whoever. Mortitz over took Len yesterday and played 13 straight minutes in the 2nd half. It all looks pretty promising

Most guys here are just taking a Flier and seeing what happens.

• Like 2

Gonna hold for a few more games. He ended up with the most center minutes amongst RoLo and Len, but I also noticed Bertans got the most burn as a stretch 5. This failed miserably and with a b2b game coming up, we can probably expect Westbrook to sit this game out. If he does sit, I'm plugging in Mo to see what he can do.

• Like 1