NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Moritz Wagner 2020-2021 Outlook

14 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

He had foul trouble. This guys an absolute impact player. I dont even own him and i wouldnt even be down after this. Hoping owners are

He did have foul trouble but he also is not a great rebounder, so it was a pretty sad looking stat line at the half when I wrote that.

Then he came out in the fourth and just wrecked **** lol

7 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

He did have foul trouble but he also is not a great rebounder, so it was a pretty sad looking stat line at the half when I wrote that.

Then he came out in the fourth and just wrecked **** lol

He's a better rebounder than what's projected. Statsbrook takes away a lot of easy boards while he just boxes out 

5 minutes ago, ROTY said:

He's a better rebounder than what's projected. Statsbrook takes away a lot of easy boards while he just boxes out 

Fair enough. Dude has been on my watchlist for a while (partly due to Rambis 😄), but I have two concerns about his ROS value: 

1. Scott Brooks. I went through his nonsense with Thomas Bryant last year, the guy is just such an unreliable coach. 

2. The Wizards declined his option. Like you really have to not like a kid on a rookie deal to turn down his option. Because you can’t even match in RFA after that.

That all said... I am definitely leaning towards keeping him because I am a sucker for bigs who shoot and play defense.

7 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Fair enough. Dude has been on my watchlist for a while (partly due to Rambis 😄), but I have two concerns about his ROS value: 

1. Scott Brooks. I went through his nonsense with Thomas Bryant last year, the guy is just such an unreliable coach. 

2. The Wizards declined his option. Like you really have to not like a kid on a rookie deal to turn down his option. Because you can’t even match in RFA after that.

That all said... I am definitely leaning towards keeping him because I am a sucker for bigs who shoot and play defense.

It’s fine as long as he gets his playing time. Maybe they just showcase him and try to seek a trade. Until something changes I think he can be a good contributor from the wire

The Wizards declining Mo option really worries me but considering that they are only 2 games out of the play in game you have to think they want to keep Beal happy and happily go chasing waterfalls for him 

So 2 wins in a row w Mo starting should only help his case for the time being 

5 minutes ago, bealforthewin said:

yep man had foul trouble 😕 

No he didn't, he only has one foul in three minutes at the half. He got cooked by the Joker a couple times and Brooks pinned his a** to the bench the rest of the half.

I don't care that they're winning, Brooks is legit the worst coach in the NBA. Maybe if they had picked up Mo's option they might try to develop him but they clearly have nothing invested in the guy.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

No he didn't, he only has one foul in three minutes at the half. He got cooked by the Joker a couple times and Brooks pinned his a** to the bench the rest of the half.

I don't care that they're winning, Brooks is legit the worst coach in the NBA. Maybe if they had picked up Mo's option they might try to develop him but they clearly have nothing invested in the guy.

So getting cooked by Jokic and the rest of the team coming back from 20 points down, means you should get more minutes?

Honestly you guys knew what you were getting into when picking this guy up.  You knew Brooks was going to F this guys playing time up eventually.  Tonight he's up against an MVP candidate and Wagner couldn't do a thing to stop him early.  Brooks gonna Brooks.  Just write this one off and look towards next week or cut him loose.  Not like you're missing out on a top 100 guy.

4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So getting cooked by Jokic and the rest of the team coming back from 20 points down, means you should get more minutes?

They were down 11-5 when Brooks pulled Mo. You don't develop young players by yanking them after 3 minutes and sitting them the rest of the game. 

8 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

They were down 11-5 when Brooks pulled Mo. You don't develop young players by yanking them after 3 minutes and sitting them the rest of the game. 

But they have no interest in developing him though, that’s the problem.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...